Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date: 11/30
EDD: 12/13 - 12/30
Spec: MSM / White Interior / No FSD

I have a question I can't really find an exact answer for, might need its own thread. I'm using the money I get from a trade-in as a down payment on a Tesla arranged loan, and I didn't know Tesla wants all the cash before they even put it on the truck. I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait for a VIN, trade in my car, wait for the check to clear, and then wire the money and await delivery. I'm just worried about how long I'll be without a car.

Does that sound right for the Texas delivery process? Kinda curious if that process is different since Tesla has easier access to the bulk of the funds since they arranged the loan.

Quick q I’m hoping someone can help with :

(1) People seem to say that once you have your VIN you can find out where your car is. Anyone know how?

(2) Current eta for me is dec 14-20. I’m going to be out of town for 3 of those days. If they schedule delivery for one of those three, am I just screwed or have people had some luck working around minor delays like that?

So to be clear
- Ordered 10/24 (Had delivery on hold)
- Released the hold on 11/10
- EDD was Jan-Feb 2022 when I released the hold and was updated a few day later to 11/29-12/27. New EDD is 12/2-12/27
- Live in So Cal (Orange County area and will take delivery in Irvine)
- M3P White w/Black interior

Reactions: HarpoonS
Ordered: 11/24
Original EDD: Jan. 01 - 30
A couple days later EDD changed to Dec. 01 - Dec. 12
Received VIN today and can schedule home delivery. This is all happened so soon, I wasn’t expecting it. Hopefully it’s not a car someone rejected. Also, I seem to only have an option for home delivery instead of pickup. Is there a reason for this? I’d like to pickup my car as I live about 20 miles from the Burbank, CA center
@spunq What is your exterior and interior color?

Though I'd give an update on the delivery process for me.

Recap:
Ordered 11/5 - White with black interior
Delivered 11/29
Denver, CO

Trade-in:
Traded in a VW GTI. All I had to do was hand over the keys, the title, and sign a couple papers - took all of 3 minutes. If you've got a trade-in, I think now is the time to give it to Tesla. They gave me more than MSRP for my 3 year old GTI.

Delivery:
Flawless. Could not have been any easier. I spent a solid 40min in the parking lot going over the 'checklists' that can be found online, and I couldn't spot one issue with my M3P. USB-C ports are present. Wireless charging works. Panel gaps were within tolerance. Weather stripping and head/tail lights were clean.

All smiles over here.

Thinking about trading in my 2016 gti autobahn can you pm me what they gave you for yours?

Reactions: KGinCO
Ordered 11/29 blue with white interior M3P. Seattle, WA.

Currently showing late Jan early Feb delivery. Was hoping it would live up to the December timeline since my current car is having issues and don’t want to take out a rental to send it to the shop.

Hopefully it gets bumped up like others have.

Ordered M3P red with white interior on 12/1. Estimated delivery at time of order was December, and now EDD shows as Feb 28 - Mar 28. Weirdly, if you were to order the same model this morning, Tesla's website still estimates December delivery.

It'd be nice to have it sooner rather than later, but I'm just replacing my current 2020 Stealth M3P. Paid $58,000 incl. FSD in Nov. of 2019, and 56,000 miles later, Vroom is offering to buy it for $52,000. Seems a no-brainer to upgrade to the 2022, though I'm skipping FSD this time around.

Reactions: tm1v2