Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3P delivery window just shifted from Dec 8-28, to 14-28.

I ordered back on Nov 22nd. Only one text message two days ago as my only communication thus far. Text asked if I wanted to get a trade in process started, but my old car was already sold to CarMax over a week ago now.

we are trading in our 2021 supra 3.0 in yellow with 1400 miles on it. Tesla offered us 55700 trade in and with tax we paid 54k for the car out the door. So with that trade in plus the taxes removed its just around 59k total trade in amount which is just insane. In what world would a new car go up in value after you buy it (unless its a gt3). We also just sold another one of our cars to carmax for 4k less than what it costs new. Car was a 2016 with 50k just crazy. Still have two other cars we are keeping. Need a car for trash runs and a big family car for school drop offs and road trips. Tesla will be for around town stuff mostly. Still trying to figure out what to do for wheels. Im thinking just throw some all seas 4's on the stock wheels. I feel like martian or sportline wheels at least the ones I want will be here at the end of winter so no real point for winter driving sadly and I don't want to go with tirerack wheels cause well I don't have the patience to care and insure they are an ideal fit.

Yes. My SA said I would need to complete a new financing application UNLESS it is the exact price of your current order.
I believe your SA is wrong, check with someone else, because all that was needed for me is they had to "email" the finance department of the change, and later that day a new Purchase Agreement and Loan Document showed up in my docs with the correct numbers and car. No need to "re-apply" for financing, since the financing APPROVAL is NOT car-specific, to a certain degree.

I believe your SA is wrong, check with someone else, because all that was needed for me is they had to "email" the finance department of the change, and later that day a new Purchase Agreement and Loan Document showed up in my docs with the correct numbers and car. No need to "re-apply" for financing, since the financing APPROVAL is NOT car-specific, to a certain degree.
IMO your better off buying the car with "CASH" and getting a EV car loan from DCU they are offering 1.5 -1.2% financing right now. That's basically free money.

IMO your better off buying the car with "CASH" and getting a EV car loan from DCU they are offering 1.5 -1.2% financing right now. That's basically free money.
Yes, that is correct. Since I cannot put money down on a CC, I am waiting for delivery of my new car, then selling my old car, using all the equity from my old car and re-financing my Tesla loan to a DCU loan and putting all the equity from my trade in down at that point in time. So for me, the Tesla loan application was a formality enabling me to get the car right away.

Ordered M3P red with white interior on 12/1. Estimated delivery at time of order was December, and now EDD shows as Feb 28 - Mar 28. Weirdly, if you were to order the same model this morning, Tesla's website still estimates December delivery.

It'd be nice to have it sooner rather than later, but I'm just replacing my current 2020 Stealth M3P. Paid $58,000 incl. FSD in Nov. of 2019, and 56,000 miles later, Vroom is offering to buy it for $52,000. Seems a no-brainer to upgrade to the 2022, though I'm skipping FSD this time around.
I did something similar. Bought my MP3 AWD in 2018 and was offered $46k for it a couple months ago with 42k miles on it. A new one (at the time) was $49.9k. No brainer to sell & upgrade, however, I went with the M3P this time and I agree the FSD is not worth the price tag. If it would drive the car safely with nobody in the drivers seat I'd buy it in a heart beat but that won't be coming any time soon.

Reactions: tm1v2
If the tax credit goes through, which I doubt it will, then the M3P would likely be eligible since the Senate version had higher limits. My guess is the BBB bill will never get through or it'll be severely reduced and likely have the EV tax credits get cut/removed.

M3P would not qualify, it looks like both versions put a cap on Sedan at $55k, which the M3P would be short by $3k

Picked up mine yesterday. Demo car (200miles)
No issues whatsoever. Loving it !!!

Attachments

• 7F0D7AED-B514-47C9-82EC-DF01A9FE877C.jpeg
    7F0D7AED-B514-47C9-82EC-DF01A9FE877C.jpeg
    790.9 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Speed-Wiz
Wow, all the way to NJ? Why not the Boston area?
I ordered online and there is some implication relation to taxes. NH doesn't have sales tax and
I hope the weather was good for the 4.5 hour drive on the Pirelli P-Zero summer tires, New England gets a bit colder and more snowy than here.
I pick up Saturday afternoon and things are looking good so far (no rain, high temps around 50F/10C) for my 2.5-hour drive home from Devon (Philly suburbs.)
The weather was great. I am swapping out for the Pirelli SottoZeros tomorrow morning. Thursday was a little slick, but I took it easy and everything was OK.

I ordered online and there is some implication relation to taxes. NH doesn't have sales tax and

The weather was great. I am swapping out for the Pirelli SottoZeros tomorrow morning. Thursday was a little slick, but I took it easy and everything was OK.
6% tax here in PA.

Good to hear you didn't have any trouble with the OE tires.

Weather is still looking good for my trip tomorrow, no rain and nothing close to freezing temps.