Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pickup date was delayed again today. Got a car from someone at Tesla telling me that my car is still stuck in transit and they hope it’s delivered by this Thursday. My original pickup date was Sunday 12/03, then changed to 12/05, and now 12/07. Location is Sacramento, CA
Boo not fun! Can you pick it up from Fremont? They might as well throw mine on that truck too. I'm in Sacramento too and my EDD is 12/7-12/20

Just got a text back from my Tesla SA regarding a VIN. Says I should have it in a day or two with delivery ten days after that. Super excited now. My EDD is holding at 12/06-12/20 here in Colorado with pickup at Littleton.
Had the same delivery window, but just got text to set up delivery between 12/13-12/15 at Littleton, CO. Hopefully yours is coming on the same truck!

Reactions: KGinCO
Just got a text back from my Tesla SA regarding a VIN. Says I should have it in a day or two with delivery ten days after that. Super excited now. My EDD is holding at 12/06-12/20 here in Colorado with pickup at Littleton.
How do I found out who my SA is or contact them? Would be good to get an update outside of the wild timeframe I currently have showing

Hi All!
New to this thread.
I originally ordered a M3LR on 11/4
white/white no FSD
EDD 12/21-12/31
But Tesla made me an unbelievable trade in offer so I just today (12/6) upgraded to a
M3 Performance black/black
Hopefully My delivery won’t get pushed out too far. Sorry for the newbie question but I’ve heard Tesla builds and delivers performance models much faster. Any truth to that?
Thank you!

First, where are you located? Model years work differently in different places. Either way - 2021 or 2022, the car is the same.

Second, yes, the AMD MCU will likely make it to the Model 3 - eventually. Right now, it's just rumors. There's ONE example going around the internet of the AMD MCU in a Model Y out of China - none that I've seen in a Model 3 yet. So, it could be a couple of months, or it could be a year or more before the MCU is updated in the Model 3, and even then, there's a good possibility that Tesla will offer a retrofit.

Just think of the fun you could be having in your M3P while you're waiting that completely unknown amount of time!
Thanks for this, what you wrote makes sense. I do wish my M3P came with the latest infotainment generation instead of being the tail end of MCU2, but I'm really glad I got my car when I did! Heck even MCU2 feels speedy to me compared to my MCU1 S (which was still on 3G until recently!), and faster-than-MCU2 infotainment would be reaaaallly far down my list of desired improvements anyways, it's pretty solid already despite being built on an old Atom processor.

Hi All!
New to this thread.
white/white no FSD
EDD 12/21-12/31
But Tesla made me an unbelievable trade in offer so I just today (12/6) upgraded to a
Hopefully My delivery won’t get pushed out too far. Sorry for the newbie question but I’ve heard Tesla builds and delivers performance models much faster. Any truth to that?
Thank you!
Yes it's true at least for Fremont factory for USA delivery. The website estimated delivery dates reflect it, and if you browse the delivery threads here you'll see a clear pattern of quickest deliveries for P.

As you go up the trim levels the profit margin almost certainly gets bigger for Tesla. This is generally true for all cars and automakers. I don't think higher trims take materially longer to assemble either, so Tesla smartly prioritizes and incentives the more profitable trims over less profitable ones (without overbuilding and getting stuck with excessive inventory).

There have been (non-Tesla) performance cars where assembly (if not overall profit margin) was definitely more involved than the base ones, and the automaker might not have incentive or ability to build them quicker. Think cars where the performance version splits off from the main assembly process as just a frame, to get major reinforcements and such welded on. M3P is not nearly so differentiated though.

Hi All!
New to this thread.
white/white no FSD
EDD 12/21-12/31
Thank you!
Generally speaking, it seems the more expensive the car, the faster they come. For example, I have noticed red exterior white interiors typically get delivered the fastest among M3Ps. Based off of data from here and from Reddit, Performance is currently delivering faster than Long Range which is delivering faster than Standard Range.

Generally speaking, it seems the more expensive the car, the faster they come. For example, I have noticed red exterior white interiors typically get delivered the fastest among M3Ps. Based off of data from here and from Reddit, Performance is currently delivering faster than Long Range which is delivering faster than Standard Range.
That’s what I’m hearing too! So hopefully making the change won’t affect my EDD too much. Ty!

How do I found out who my SA is or contact them? Would be good to get an update outside of the wild timeframe I currently have showing
When I placed the order a Tesla support person both texted me and sent an email as a primary point of contact. Did you not have anyone reach out? In his email is this phone number -- (888) 518-3752. Not sure if this is local to Co or national.

Curious if anyone knows the answer to this question: if I were to change my interior color does it reset my place in the line? I did a cursory search online and the only information I can find on this is really dated (e.g. 3 years). It could be that no one knows for sure, but thought I'd ask. I've gone back and forth on whether I prefer black or white interior and frankly I think I'd prefer the white but not so much that I'd willingly delay my delivery any further by changing from black to white. Reading the conversation above, I even wonder if my likelihood of getting the car this year would increase by changing to white, since it's more profit for Tesla?

Curious if anyone knows the answer to this question: if I were to change my interior color does it reset my place in the line? I did a cursory search online and the only information I can find on this is really dated (e.g. 3 years). It could be that no one knows for sure, but thought I'd ask. I've gone back and forth on whether I prefer black or white interior and frankly I think I'd prefer the white but not so much that I'd willingly delay my delivery any further by changing from black to white. Reading the conversation above, I even wonder if my likelihood of getting the car this year would increase by changing to white, since it's more profit for Tesla?
I would definitely change it, highly doubt delivery would not be fulfilled this month as new orders are still being promised December 2021 for M3P, I do think youd see a huge delay if it was a LR M3 though but were in the last few weeks and I don't think there are any current M3P orders slated past December. Either way better to change it now since you want it and will likely regret not getting it even if it made you wait a little bit since it is a $70k car.

Reactions: TNTeslå
I would definitely change it, highly doubt delivery would not be fulfilled this month as new orders are still being promised December 2021 for M3P, I do think youd see a huge delay if it was a LR M3 though but were in the last few weeks and I don't think there are any current M3P orders slated past December. Either way better to change it now since you want it and will likely regret not getting it even if it made you wait a little bit since it is a $70k car.
I should have added that my current EDD is January 27 through February 24th. I know some folks on here said it's still likely it arrives this month, but I worry that if I change the interior it bumps to a later February XX - March XX date. My first rodeo with a Tesla order, but I know we're in an unusual time of year to order with Q4 end.

Reactions: HarpoonS
I should have added that my current EDD is January 27 through February 24th. I know some folks on here said it's still likely it arrives this month, but I worry that if I change the interior it bumps to a later February XX - March XX date. My first rodeo with a Tesla order, but I know we're in an unusual time of year to order with Q4 end.
Oh I see, since you are not slated for December anyway I would definitely change it and it likely would not make much difference. I believe your estimate is not far because of orders ahead of you, rather that they are now prioritizing West Coast deliveries for the end of quarter and your location is making the delivery date pushed out. Had you ordered early November its possible you would see a December delivery but being in Tennessee its likely not planned for them to load a truck out that direction. I would change it since it is something you want! Its hard to change after taking delivery and expensive, and selling the car to get it later isnt worth it imo.

Reactions: TNTeslå
Oh I see, since you are not slated for December anyway I would definitely change it and it likely would not make much difference. I believe your estimate is not far because of orders ahead of you, rather that they are now prioritizing West Coast deliveries for the end of quarter and your location is making the delivery date pushed out. Had you ordered early November its possible you would see a December delivery but being in Tennessee its likely not planned for them to load a truck out that direction. I would change it since it is something you want! Its hard to change after taking delivery and expensive, and selling the car to get it later isnt worth it imo.
Very helpful, much appreciated!

It’s a 70k car. You’re really going to let a month prevent you from getting the color you want? That’s even IF there’s a delay. Built it exactly how you want if there’s a slight delay so be it.
When I placed the order a Tesla support person both texted me and sent an email as a primary point of contact. Did you not have anyone reach out? In his email is this phone number -- (888) 518-3752. Not sure if this is local to Co or national.
Hmm I’ll text that number I assumed it was just auto generated by the computer lol

Eh I’m in the Seattle area and my delivery is showing Jan 3 - Jan 31

It’s a 70k car. You’re really going to let a month prevent you from getting the color you want? That’s even IF there’s a delay. Built it exactly how you want if there’s a slight delay so be it.

Hmm I’ll text that number I assumed it was just auto generated by the computer lol
I may have underplayed how torn I am on whether I like white or black more. I think the black looks great with the chrome delete on the red M3P, but we have a white interior on our new Volvo XC60 and I really like it too. I'm very much torn on it, and sincerely mean it when I say I wouldn't change it if it resulted in delivery delays. I do appreciate y'all looking out for a guy who wants to get a car exactly how he wants it.

Just picked up my 3 performance today in Littleton Colorado. Everything looked and worked great, was in and out in 10 minutes. Tire appointment on Thursday to throw on some Continental DWS tires for the winter, and window tint appointment next Monday!

Attachments

• 20211206_140810.jpg
    20211206_140810.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20211206_140829.jpg
    20211206_140829.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 50
Hello,

This forum has been amazing. Looking for some opinions/thoughts. First time Tesla buyer here. I placed my order 10/28, M3P White/White. My EDD changed from November, then early December, now mid to end December.

Still no vin, I’m located in San Antonio, Texas. It seems like everyone on this forum are receiving their Vins way before me.

Every time I call Tesla they just basically tell me what the app does. Any thoughts or opinions why mine is taking so long? Is it because maybe Texas isn’t a priority?

Any thoughts or opinions welcomed.

Thanks so much.