Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy hell I’m in love
66542579-2DD9-4C08-AA5A-97933B9A593C.jpeg

I just texted my SA and got them to allow me to pick up today instead of wait for tomorrow for home delivery. Going to pick it up in a couple hours!

BTW I have the same spec as you Sudowoodo I think, Blue/White so I would think they're going to push yours out next week hopefully. It went from no communication or updates at all to, here's your VIN, are you ready in the next few days or what?

Just got mine. Minor panel gap on the trunk area. Door gaps are ever so slightly different and the front bumper has a slight issue. Debating if it’s worth even fixing. Anyone here ever cause more harm than good fixing these small “issues”?
Don’t even want it next week anymore lol. Going to be out of town for most of it. I’d figure out how to make it work for sure though.

Yeah personally I’m not fixing anything unless you can see it from like 10ft or it interferes with consistent use of the car (like a door not closing properly). I think all the panel gap talk is just overblown. I get that’s not what you want from a 60k car but so what? Tesla can’t do everything better than competitors.

Reactions: The Meal and MCM3
My latest EDD was 12/22/21 to 12/31/21 until I got a text yesterday that I have a VIN. An hour later I got a call that my car has been delivered to the dealership and is ready to be scheduled. I scheduled for tomorrow and have been working on insurance/financing today. I've got 10 texts and calls throughout the day from them making sure everything is going through. I remember reading that if you just wait and don't respond, your current VIN will be given to someone else. That's if someone else is in your area that wants the exact one. Even so, I'd bet that the longest you'd wait would be a month before the next one would arrive.
As far as the BBB, even if there is a new version that does allow you to get $8,000 off of a M3P, Tesla would raise the selling price because people could afford that much more. Then our cars would raise that much in resale value. It's already happened from inflation for people who've received 2021 and prior cars.
In the end it's just about a wash.

Reactions: SPACE_EX
My delivery experience went as follows

Me: Hey Tesla it’s pouring rain and I have my little daughter with me. Can you pull it into the giant empty service center so I can look at it.

Tesla: No. …please accept delivery.

Me: hey Tesla can I look at the interior.

Tesla: No

Me: soaking wet… ok drive off. Inspect at home.

• Disagree
Reactions: SPACE_EX
As far as the BBB, even if there is a new version that does allow you to get $8,000 off of a M3P, Tesla would raise the selling price because people could afford that much more. Then our cars would raise that much in resale value. It's already happened from inflation for people who've received 2021 and prior cars.
In the end it's just about a wash.

Not following this logic, your saying if you don't take your delivery they are going to cancel your order, raise the price in 2 weeks to offset any possible federal tax credit? If you want to push your delivery out, just place it on hold or decline your VIN that way your covered, but I suspect your excited for the car (I don't blame you here at all!!!) and trying to talk yourself into the decision you have made on not waiting perhaps.