Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was contacted this hour by a sales advisor and assured all the M3's being produced as of "late December" have the upgrade. He then waited while I placed my order. EDD Feb.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. But not their own facts.

Post 10,956 is a fact that contradicts your statement. If you have facts, I'd love to see it. Not hearsay.

Couple things here......

1st, since there is plenty (more than plenty, in fact) of evidence that sometimes SAs make mistakes, I would not call anything an SA tells a customer "definitive facts". In fact, the SAs normally have less information that forums like this one has. Its great that your SA says that, and we hope its true, but putting it forth as if it was a set in stone fact is not something I would suggest.

2nd, it is true that everyone is entitled to their own opinions as stated, and needs to do their own due diligence. There isnt any reason to argue over what one person believes vs another.

People are just trying to share information they receive, which is part of the purpose of forums like this one.

I mention this because I would like to head off what appears to be a brewing confrontation.

Reactions: BadTrainDriver
Couple things here......

1st, since there is plenty (more than plenty, in fact) of evidence that sometimes SAs make mistakes, I would not call anything an SA tells a customer "definitive facts". In fact, the SAs normally have less information that forums like this one has. Its great that your SA says that, and we hope its true, but putting it forth as if it was a set in stone fact is not something I would suggest.

2nd, it is true that everyone is entitled to their own opinions as stated, and needs to do their own due diligence. There isnt any reason to argue over what one person believes vs another.

People are just trying to share information they receive, which is part of the purpose of forums like this one.

I mention this because I would like to head off what appears to be a brewing confrontation.
Well said.

When they finally delivery the car. I am spending as long as I want inspecting every inch of it.
What's the latest on delivery inspections? I've heard some people weren't allowed to unlock the car and see inside it until they'd accepted delivery. Does this vary based on time and location (home, parking lot, SC)? I also would like to give it a thorough look before committing. I have time to wait for another one if the first one is messed up.

10/31: ordered, on hold until 1/1
12/30: mysteriously off hold, no EDD
1/3: EDD Mar 4 - Mar 31
1/8: EDD Feb 4 - Mar 4

Also hoping for the new processor, rear dual-pane, and I guess the new small battery (though I haven't been tracking why it's better)

I just had my SA reach out to confirm all my details (pick up location, if I have a trade in, legal owner, payment option selected) and introduce themselves. It seems rare to have a proactive SA. He said my car (EDD 1/20-2/3) would be coming in Jan or Feb and once a car is matched to my order I will get a VIN and automated text and he will reach back out to arrange delivery. I asked about the upgrades and he said Tesla has not given them any info about whether cars will have them or not. He actually said the best place to get the info was from Elon’s Twitter.

I know their order and delivery process seems all over the place but I have a friend who ordered an Audi and they basically told him it would be 6 months and then it’s silence until he gets a call that it’s in. At least Tesla tries (badly at that) to give estimated times of delivery and keep you somewhat up to date. Rather that then silence.

The fact that people here are ordering there cars well after a month after some of us early December guys and getting EDD's earlier then us is a red flag.
Looks like people that ordered non P models are getting Vins. Lets hope (I read somewhere) they are updating the M3P's 1st and that is why we need to wait a little longer.

OD 12/16 MSM M3P
EDD still Jan 9th to Jan 23rd.

Reactions: airreal and DVM3P
Looks like people that ordered non P models are getting Vins. Lets hope (I read somewhere) they are updating the M3P's 1st and that is why we need to wait a little longer.

OD 12/16 MSM M3P
EDD still Jan 9th to Jan 23rd.

It makes sense for Non-P models that were ordered 6+ months ago to be getting VIN's finally. When people are posting their M3P was ordered a week ago and has an EDD a month earlier then us who ordered in December is just like a bunch of us who ordered in early Dec and were told end of year delivery then January, then late Jan, now march.

I have no issues with delays, but being told via EDD my car is near here. Getting the email/notification to apply for financing. Getting hounded by the SA about my trade-in only to then get pushed back 2 months is ridiculous.

Reactions: gvme