Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 1/5 and also don’t have a vin. I’m in Florida. However, I think it’s coming within the next few days
We're probably stuck in the "blue" to be built/painted group... My EDD went from 1/23 - 2/4 late last week to 1/26 - 2/20 this morning. 😓
Ahhh ! But blue is the best color doesn’t Elon know that ? 🤣

Thanks. I'll definitely check. Honestly if it's lead acid I'll be very surprised and I'll definitely have to think about refusing the car since I plan on keeping it for a while. I'd rather not have to deal with the lead acid headache every year or two.
I think this issue is severely overblown. I have a June 2019 LR M3 with over 40k miles on the clock and it has never had an issue with the 12v battery. Come to think of it, I haven’t had a single issue with anything on this car. It’s been rock solid.

I'll be accepting the VIN for now and inspecting the car for the new battery at pick-up.

im just curious on this - please keep the class updated

We're probably stuck in the "blue" to be built/painted group... My EDD went from 1/23 - 2/4 late last week to 1/26 - 2/20 this morning. 😓

i think there is some weight to this. back in march 2020 when i was waiting for my vin, we could almost figure out when our "paint batch" was up on deck. i got a black on black and im getting a black on black this time too, so i think the black painted m3ps are the last of the bunch to be made due to the paint color. its easier to go from brighter colors to the darker ones (my speculation).

Ahhh ! But blue is the best color doesn’t Elon know that ? 🤣

not gonna lie brotha, blue is my favorite color but after seeing your avatar and that striking blue.. man i kinda like it... im still a die hard black on black brotha though... :p

Reactions: DVM3P
I think this issue is severely overblown. I have a June 2019 LR M3 with over 40k miles on the clock and it has never had an issue with the 12v battery. Come to think of it, I haven’t had a single issue with anything on this car. It’s been rock solid.
Almost every single Tesla issue ever is overblown for some reason.

Panel gaps for example. Maybe they aren’t as good as other cars but 99% of the time they aren’t noticeable unless you are extremely up close. If you have to use a microscope to find issues then who cares?

I know multiple people with Teslas over 100k miles. Not a single one has had any issues.

When a Ford somewhere in the world has an issue or something the owner takes it to the shop, fixed it, and no one hears about it.

When a Tesla has an issue somewhere the owner feels the need to go cry online because it gets clicks and 10 mainstream news sources pick it up because Tesla gets clicks.

Almost every single Tesla issue ever is overblown for some reason.

Panel gaps for example. Maybe they aren’t as good as other cars but 99% of the time they aren’t noticeable unless you are extremely up close. If you have to use a microscope to find issues then who cares?

I know multiple people with Teslas over 100k miles. Not a single one has had any issues.

When a Ford somewhere in the world has an issue or something the owner takes it to the shop, fixed it, and no one hears about it.

When a Tesla has an issue somewhere the owner feels the need to go cry online because it gets clicks and 10 mainstream news sources pick it up because Tesla gets clicks.
Lol get in touch with reality.

I can maybe agree that it’s overblown but you’re certainly downplaying it.

4 of my friends sold their model 3 after just a year due to quality issues.

Reactions: heavyD and Sporty
Lol get in touch with reality.

I can maybe agree that it’s overblown but you’re certainly downplaying it.

4 of my friends sold their model 3 after just a year due to quality issues.
What issues? Not saying they aren’t real just curious. Again, I don’t know anyone with serious complaints. Also haven’t had any big issues (other than wind noise that needs to be looked at).

Reactions: lUtriaNt