Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a black/white M3P on 2/5 and got my VIN today (169,***). EDD is 2/14-2/20. I'm wondering what 2022 upgrades it will have...should I take delivery or pass and wait for the next one?
To be clear, you ordered on feb 5 and got you VIN 4 days later and expecting delivery in the next 10 days?

Where are you located and what do you mean by passing up your delivery and taking the next one?

I am new to the tesla community. I ordered 2/6, a day after you (Silver M3P, white interior) but my EDD is 3/7-3/31. No VIN yet.

Car is amazing best car ever by far
So, we both like blue. We both have "accessory disease". Do you also have an elaborate procedure planned to protect the car (from the harsh California summers 😁 ) ? I think it is going to take me two days of preparation because I am very, very sick.

As much as your picture makes me happy for both of us, I think I am going to most miss that wonderful weather you are going to have for the whole year. Enjoy the car!

So, we both like blue. We both have "accessory disease". Do you also have an elaborate procedure planned to protect the car (from the harsh California summers 😁 ) ? I think it is going to take me two days of preparation because I am very, very sick.

As much as your picture makes me happy for both of us, I think I am going to most miss that wonderful weather you are going to have for the whole year. Enjoy the car!
I am dropping off tomorrow morning for tinting and next week it goes in for PPF and ceramic coating. I don’t know if I can bring myself do add the mud flaps so I may just leave it at PPF.

The weather dude today , driving up the coast 😂

To be clear, you ordered on feb 5 and got you VIN 4 days later and expecting delivery in the next 10 days?

Where are you located and what do you mean by passing up your delivery and taking the next one?

I am new to the tesla community. I ordered 2/6, a day after you (Silver M3P, white interior) but my EDD is 3/7-3/31. No VIN yet.
Correct, ordered on 2/5 and got a vin on 2/9. Just scheduled delivery for 2/19 in Tampa, FL. Apparently, my M3P was built on 2/1 and got matched to me shortly after my order. My original EDD was 2/28-3/28, but got matched early (and no, my currently matched car was not refused by someone else, Tesla confirmed I am the first match).

3 main things I am wanting are: 1) AMD Ryzen chip, 2) Li-ion low voltage battery, and 3) laminated rear door glass. Still debating if I should accept delivery if it doesn't have all 3 of these. If I refuse delivery, I get put back into the queue for another configuration match.

VIN Received!!! 174XXX, at long last. Seems like lots of you guys are getting one as well, happy to see that :)

I am starting to worry about the lowered suspension though, a friend of mine picked up at Mt. Kisco the other day and said his car looked like a monster truck and is currently in talks with Tesla about it.
The 160xxx M3P I rejected on 2/6 for other reasons also looked suspiciously higher than I recall the test drive car being… I’d like to hear what Tesla tells your friend.

The 160xxx M3P I rejected on 2/6 for other reasons also looked suspiciously higher than I recall the test drive car being… I’d like to hear what Tesla tells your friend.
Hmmmm ok then... I actually am just about to go ahead and order the Redwood Öhlins aftermarket suspension, I'll get it installed at a shop I know nearby. My bank account is upset with me but it'll have to make do.

I’m thinking of these for my winter tires , thoughts?

There’s a long thread on here where one guy is on the warpath to tell everyone that those wheels suck and that they weigh much more than advertised. Others like them. Some say wheel size/weight inexplicably doesn’t benefit M3P acceleration as much as might be expected. Another guy got some wheels that are 1/3 lighter but no facter to 60mph. Others cried heresy. It’s all good reading. In the end, but what ya like, but apparently don’t expect to shave more than 0.00-0.09 seconds off. I like the EV04 myself. Or the Titan 7, if only it came in 19x8.5 instead of 9.0… i’ll keep the stock uners until I shatter one.

There’s a long thread on here where one guy is on the warpath to tell everyone that those wheels suck and that they weigh much more than advertised. Others like them. Some say wheel size/weight inexplicably doesn’t benefit M3P acceleration as much as might be expected. Another guy got some wheels that are 1/3 lighter but no facter to 60mph. Others cried heresy. It’s all good reading. In the end, but what ya like, but apparently don’t expect to shave more than 0.00-0.09 seconds off. I like the EV04 myself. Or the Titan 7, if only it came in 19x8.5 instead of 9.0… i’ll keep the stock uners until I shatter one.
I’m just looking for something for winter driving that isn’t going to break the bank don’t really care about 0-60 although more range would be nice.

Correct, ordered on 2/5 and got a vin on 2/9. Just scheduled delivery for 2/19 in Tampa, FL. Apparently, my M3P was built on 2/1 and got matched to me shortly after my order. My original EDD was 2/28-3/28, but got matched early (and no, my currently matched car was not refused by someone else, Tesla confirmed I am the first match).

3 main things I am wanting are: 1) AMD Ryzen chip, 2) Li-ion low voltage battery, and 3) laminated rear door glass. Still debating if I should accept delivery if it doesn't have all 3 of these. If I refuse delivery, I get put back into the queue for another configuration match.
I see. Another question: is the Li-Ion battery the one you can charge to full capacity or am I thinking of another one?

Also my advice to you: if it doesn't have exactly what you are looking for, I wouldn't accept delivery. It is best to delay your gratification as you will thank yourself immensely for waiting another month or so. It'll make the many months you spend with your car more enjoyable.

Aren’t inventory cars all definitely rejected deliveries? How else would they exist?

If somebody canceled an order or switched configuration before delivery, wouldn’t that car get reallocated for another customer straight away and not go to inventory?
One would think, but why do something that makes total sense? Until then I will impatiently wait.......tick, tock, tick, tock