Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You got a vin right away or a couple days after? You think this at least a good sign?
I received a VIN right away. I remember being surprised it was a F183, although I have also now seen a F383 listed. I also jumped from a three-week window to six days.

I know nada, but my thinking is you will get your VIN by the 20th or sooner with your next EDD if your delivery window shrinks significantly. Tesla moves in strange ways though, so keep you seat belt fastened. :cool:

I ordered my M3P (silver/black interior) on 2/9 and it said 3/4-3/30 I am in MN. On 2/14 I received my VIN and the delivery updated to 2/26-3/4. My app shows we'll notify you when it's time to continue with pre-delivery tasks and "check back later".

Does anyone know how close to delivery they will ask you to schedule (pick from 3 days for delivery)?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I ordered my M3P (silver/black interior) on 2/9 and it said 3/4-3/30 I am in MN. On 2/14 I received my VIN and the delivery updated to 2/26-3/4. My app shows we'll notify you when it's time to continue with pre-delivery tasks and "check back later".

Does anyone know how close to delivery they will ask you to schedule (pick from 3 days for delivery)?
Once I got a VIN it asked for insurance info. After I gave that and it was accepted it asked for money. After everything was paid I was able to schedule a date.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt

Damn that was quick! Lucky! And congrats!

Once I got a VIN it asked for insurance info. After I gave that and it was accepted it asked for money. After everything was paid I was able to schedule a date.
I uploaded my insurance and it was accepted. I am doing my financing thru Tesla and that was also accepted. The final payment area where I will pay my downpayment/taxes has a greyed out "start" button. My downpayment will be different depending on the delivery day so that's going to be an issue if I need to pay before it allows me to schedule.

As you did not have a delivery date and know which day to start the insurance (add the car to your policy), what information did you provide Tesla? I was told to wait until I had a delivery date to update the insurance step.

Just delivered!! Ryzen, heated wipers, dual pane front glass. Does not have a new car smell but does have an Elon Musk 😜

PXL_20220218_183320120.PORTRAIT.jpg