Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto!

Sold my 2018 RWD LR recently and was debating between LR w/AB or Performance. Then the LR price went up the day I sold my car so I ordered the Performance right away to lock in the price. Current EDD is May 20-June 17.

MSM on White no FSD. In Canada.
SO much the same. Was trying to decide on LR or Perf, even though I knew I wanted the Perf. Stoked that we did, and the LR price increase sealed the deal.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
SO much the same. Was trying to decide on LR or Perf, even though I knew I wanted the Perf. Stoked that we did, and the LR price increase sealed the deal.
Haha exact same situation for me! I wanted the Performance but was trying to convince myself to spend the money on it. After the LR price went up, the delta between the two got smaller and I ordered before the Performance had a chance to go up as well.

Reactions: Park2670
Agree with this, I actually had a LR in before the price increase but knew I wanted a performance the whole time I was afraid they would increase the price of the performance shortly after. When I factored in that I’d probably add boost immediately the price was a little easier to justify.

Ordered my M3P on 02/10.
White, Black interior, No FSD. Location is Houston, Texas.

EDD hasn’t changed since order date and still shows Apr 19-May 21.

Sold my old 2018 M3LR to take advantage of the used car market and hoped that EDD would move but to no avail so far.

Anybody have any luck with that configuration?
All,

Wanted to post an update. Might be slightly long but want to help the rest of the community out.

I sold my 2018 M3LR, Blue with Black interior(enhanced autopilot) for $44k and 25k miles on the odometer. As referenced above, I placed my order online on 02/10 for the M3P as it said that the delivery date was in March. However, once the order was placed it moved to April 21-May 19 and didn’t move at all. The price that I was getting from a local dealer was too good to pass up and I sold on 02/28. The last two weeks proved to me that I’m finding it incredibly difficult to mange day to day activities without a car.

I wasn’t assigned a SA so I went to my local Tesla showrooms to talk to someone. Since it’s the end of the quarter and they are ramping up deliveries(in addition to the fact that I had waited a month already with no movement) I was asked to check in each day to see if there were any in allocated vehicles(that could be cancelled orders, people refusing delivery at this point etc). They asked me if I was flexible on my configuration and I told them I was. If these vehicles are not allocated to someone at the end of the day, they are automatically allocated to the next person in line for that config so this list changes day to day.

I checked in everyday for a week until this Saturday when I went back into the store. Lo and behold, there was someone who had cancelled their order for a White M3P with White interior because they went and bought a Mercedes. I had initially ordered a black interior because that’s my preference but the fact that everything else matched was too good to pass up. The SA at the store and the manager were able to quickly match my account to the vehicle and a VIN was assigned. Delivery date has been set to 03/21 and financing/insurance was a breeze because I decided to go with Tesla’s options(Tesla insurance and Tesla Finance-Through Wells Fargo).

Wanted to post this so that it could be helpful for those who place an online order like me. If you can go into a store and place the order in person(you are automatically allocated a SA at that location). It is easier for visibility and you show up on their roster. And if you’ve already placed an order online(and waited a month or so), I would encourage you to talk to someone at your local Tesla store to see if they can match you with any unallocated inventory on that day in your region. This is my second Tesla and the online SA always seems to reach out when your config is being built so 5-10 days out from shipping from Fremont. Please keep in mind that you may have to be flexible about the config.

I’m buzzing albeit slightly worried about how the white interior is going to be in terms of maintenance. But onwards and upwards! I will post pictures and comments once I take delivery.

$61.990 + destination is the new price. Ouch. I wonder if this will slow down sales a bit in general. Any how glad most of you got the old price.
I doubt it will slow down sales too much because the market is a mess. Most dealer outside of Tesla are charging dealer markups on popular vehicles. Even Hyundai and Kia are typically asking $10-20K markup on their popular EV vehicles and I know most Ford dealers want markup on the Mach-E.

I believe the big increase in Nickel prices might be driving these price increases which means other EV makers will be facing the same issues.

• Informative
Reactions: jessepotter
Nice! Same set up as mine in Atlanta. I ordered 2/20 and my car delivery is scheduled for Saturday, 3/19. Team red for the fast turn around. Hope all goes well. They are going to try to install Homelink at delivery and I have a tint appointment for the following Monday.
My delivery is now scheduled for Tuesday, 3/22. Definitely faster turn around for team red! Hope all goes well with you too!

Reactions: Nick65