Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Iv been creeping on this thread for the last month and finally decided to throw my data in. Misery loves companyšŸ˜‚

M3P, MSM, black interior, no FSD, SF Bay Area

OD: 3/8 EDD April 2022
EDD: May 30- June 27
EDD: April 30- June 4

Thatā€™s been the latest with no movement for about 2 weeks now. Iv had similar trade in experience with a pretty low offer from Tesla. KBB instant cash and Carmax cash offers were over 2k more. Iv heard that Tesla will price match legit cash offers. Does anyone know if this is true? I just think it would be more convenient just to trade it in with them but thatā€™s a big price gap that would be worth the extra work.

Cheers šŸ¤™šŸ»

Reactions: Nick65 and Tony_YYZ
Iv been creeping on this thread for the last month and finally decided to throw my data in. Misery loves companyšŸ˜‚

M3P, MSM, black interior, no FSD, SF Bay Area

OD: 3/8 EDD April 2022
EDD: May 30- June 27
EDD: April 30- June 4

Thatā€™s been the latest with no movement for about 2 weeks now. Iv had similar trade in experience with a pretty low offer from Tesla. KBB instant cash and Carmax cash offers were over 2k more. Iv heard that Tesla will price match legit cash offers. Does anyone know if this is true? I just think it would be more convenient just to trade it in with them but thatā€™s a big price gap that would be worth the extra work.

Cheers šŸ¤™šŸ»
I donā€™t think they price match other offers anymore. Is there a tax benefit with trading-in, in California?

Based on the Order Tracker spreadsheet it looks like the people who are getting VIN's are for the ones who ordered at the beginning of February. It's a small sample size though so it would be nice if more people kept it updated.

Reactions: argar and toquar
Bummer. No tax benefits, just need a car so Iā€™d be screwed if I had a delivery date, sold the car, and then date gets pushed or something so trading it to them allows me to have a vehicle at all times.
I had owned a VW AWD ID.4 that I knew I wanted to sell before I picked up the M3P. I was stressing on trying to juggle the timing, so I just sold it for a small profit and now am doing car sharing with Turo for 2 work weeks at a time. It's a lot cheaper than traditional rentals, but still an expense. The peace-of-mind is worth it for me.

Based on the Order Tracker spreadsheet it looks like the people who are getting VIN's are for the ones who ordered at the beginning of February. It's a small sample size though so it would be nice if more people kept it updated.

Nothing new to report/update (not sure if thatā€˜s a good or bad thing anymore). Got my ceramic coating guy and carbon fiber accessories all lined upā€¦just need the M3P

M3P | MSM | Black | no FSD | Mt. Kisco, NY
OD: 3/3/22
3/3: EDD April 2022
3/4: EDD May 13 - June 10
3/22: April 30 - June 4

Reactions: Rodney!
I have been lurking and following this thread for a few months now and just registered. Here is mine:

M3P | MSM | Black | No FSD | Pittsburgh
OD: 2/14/22
EDD: March 2022
Current EDD: 4/22-5/20

Zero EDD updates since order date. I feel like the longer it goes without updates or atleast narrowing the window, I am going to get pushed back.

I think you are correct, looks like people who placed orders in January/February are getting VINs and deliveries. My best guess is that people who ordered in March most likely will start getting VINs at the end of April with deliveries sometime in May

Nothing new to report/update (not sure if thatā€˜s a good or bad thing anymore). Got my ceramic coating guy and carbon fiber accessories all lined upā€¦just need the M3P

M3P | MSM | Black | no FSD | Mt. Kisco, NY
OD: 3/3/22
3/3: EDD April 2022
3/4: EDD May 13 - June 10
3/22: April 30 - June 4
My edd changed today to April 30-May 28.
Original edd was march then april 29-June 3.
Looking at how the edd shrunk in range my car is getting closer i guess

Which CF accessories will you be installing?
Ok, you askedā€¦.Iā€™m going with (all from RPM Telsa - donā€™t feel like playing the Amazon hit or miss game): mirror overlays, dashboard cap, front door dashboard extension overlays, backseat vent cap, and steering wheel appliquĆ©.

I actually like the wood trim in telsa 3, but based upon seeing what it looks like when fitted with CF pieces, not only does it look fantastic, itā€˜s fitting for the character of a M3P, IMO.