Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It certainly looks like the system lost your order for a little there and then reinstated it. I would be pissed as well. Did you do financing or a trade when you ordered? I'm guessing you've had to redo both of them

OD: 1/29
VIN: 4/06
DD: 4/18

So close and yet so far...View attachment 792244
Make it make sense!!! Ordered the same exact Car 20 days earlier and nothingggggg.

• Funny
Reactions: Rodney!
I wish I had set mine to cash and done more reading on here before ordering. I assumed I'd get it within the 60 day window easily since it showed March delivery. Now barring a miracle I will have to get a second credit pull. While not a massive deal it's still annoying. Such is life....
Yeah, not a big deal in most cases. For me, we are building a house and will need to lock in our financing once we get closer to the close date, so I want to avoid any unnecessary noise on my credit.

Ok dealing with a somewhat stressful turn here and wondering if anyone has any experience that could help. I got my VIN yesterday, and proceeded to get my loan through PenFed (who I have used in the past for several cars without issues). At first when speaking to PenFed I was told that the check was being overnighted, but it seems that whoever I spoke to was misinformed. Tesla called today to organize delivery, and with the overnighted check in mind I scheduled Tuesday at 10am (hoping that it would arrive Monday, being sent out yesterday).

I called PenFed today to confirm that the check had been sent out, and to ask for tracking, but they told me that it was not overnighted, that they don't overnight auto loan checks, and that it was sent regular mail and will be with me within 7-10 business days.

My excitement for delivery has turned to utter stress, I've never had this issue with PenFed in the past (they always overnighted checks), has anyone had experience with them recently? Is it likely that I'll get the check earlier? And if it does take 7-10 business days, will Tesla wait that long to deliver my car?

Wife just got a car and we used PenFed. Check came in 3-4 business days.

Wife just got a car and we used PenFed. Check came in 3-4 business days.
Brilliant, thank you for your insight! I spoke to Tesla Delivery this morning and they couldn’t have been nicer, pushed back the delivery until Wednesday and said that if I needed further delays that they could accommodate (Obviously within reason). The check went out Friday so I’m hoping that it turns up Wednesday or Thursday.

Brilliant, thank you for your insight! I spoke to Tesla Delivery this morning and they couldn’t have been nicer, pushed back the delivery until Wednesday and said that if I needed further delays that they could accommodate (Obviously within reason). The check went out Friday so I’m hoping that it turns up Wednesday or Thursday.

Good luck. When my car arrives, I'll be pricing out both DCU and PenFed. We just bought the car last week FYI (Carvana). One thing to keep in mind, it didn't show up scanned by USPS Informed Delivery. So check your mail every day.

Reactions: lfitzsimon
I'm pretty excited to be hitting my 2 month anniversary soon without a single status update. Tesla is taking that contactless buying experience to a new level.

M3P, Midnight Silver/Black, no FSD
Pickup location: Houston
OD: 2/12/22 (showed March 2022 delivery)
EDD1 (2/13/22): April 18 - May 16
I see we are both going for record time in between updates. May the best (unluckiest) man win.

• Funny
Reactions: SantaCruzOMB
OD: 2/3/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2 (2/4): May 3 - May 31
EDD3 (2/9): Feb 22 - Mar 22
EDD4 (2/23): Mar 15 - Mar 31
EDD5 (3/5): Mar 16 - Mar 27
EDD6 (3/17): May 14 - Jun 18
EDD7 (3/22): Apr 5 - Apr 19
EDD8 (3/30): Apr 6 - Apr 20
EDD9 (4/6): Apr 14 - Apr 20; VIN received, insurance added
EDD10 (4/11): Apr 16, delivery scheduled, down payment made

Blue/white, No FSD
Colorado
Lease

OD: 2/3/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2 (2/4): May 3 - May 31
EDD3 (2/9): Feb 22 - Mar 22
EDD4 (2/23): Mar 15 - Mar 31
EDD5 (3/5): Mar 16 - Mar 27
EDD6 (3/17): May 14 - Jun 18
EDD7 (3/22): Apr 5 - Apr 19
EDD8 (3/30): Apr 6 - Apr 20
EDD9 (4/6): Apr 14 - Apr 20; VIN received, insurance added
EDD10 (4/11): Apr 16, delivery scheduled, down payment made

Blue/white, No FSD
Colorado
Lease

A lot of changes down the road and looks like 2.5 month from OD to delivery. It gives us an idea how long the rest of us are going to wait. My OD is 3/4 so probably mid May - June

Last edited:
Nice! I allowed myself an App check after reading this and EDD just updated:

OD 2/20, expected Delivery March
EDD 1 May 1 - May 29
EDD 2 (3/17) April 15 - May 20
M3P MSM/White, no FSD
Atlanta

Fwiw- EDD updated sometime after 9am EST today.
Got an updated EDD on 4/8
EDD 3 (4/8) May 2 - May 16

Pushed back the front of the window one week prior, but guess I’ll take it as a good sign that it tightened up to two weeks. But this system is so bizarre to me.

Reactions: jessepotter
so, just an observation: It seems that two things happen on the first day of your current EDD window: you either get a VIN or your EDD jumps further out.

There are quite a few of us that have current EDD's of 4/18 - 5/16. I have spoken to my SA multiple times, and my account is ready to go. I am *hoping* I get a VIN next Monday, 4/18. If I do not get a VIN, I expect that my EDD will get pushed out... 🤞🤞🤞

There are a few exceptions, like lfitzsimon, who got a VIN out of nowhere, so most likely that was a car that was declined/passed on for whatever reason, so the system matched the next in line with similar spec at that location. That same scenario has happened a few times in the last ~6months on this very thread.

The guys that don't have any EDD movement, well, I cannot hazard a guess as there could be many reasons ie: trade/financing/account issues/the wind was blowing south... who knows. If that was me, I would be riding the SA/Tesla # being one helluva squeaky wheel! 🤬

so, just an observation: It seems that two things happen on the first day of your current EDD window: you either get a VIN or your EDD jumps further out.

There are quite a few of us that have current EDD's of 4/18 - 5/16. I have spoken to my SA multiple times, and my account is ready to go. I am *hoping* I get a VIN next Monday, 4/18. If I do not get a VIN, I expect that my EDD will get pushed out... 🤞🤞🤞

There are a few exceptions, like lfitzsimon, who got a VIN out of nowhere, so most likely that was a car that was declined/passed on for whatever reason, so the system matched the next in line with similar spec at that location. That same scenario has happened a few times in the last ~6months on this very thread.

The guys that don't have any EDD movement, well, I cannot hazard a guess as there could be many reasons ie: trade/financing/account issues/the wind was blowing south... who knows. If that was me, I would be riding the SA/Tesla # being one helluva squeaky wheel! 🤬
My EDD window starts tomorrow so I will update with whatever happens 😬 I'm hoping I get a VIN but with a 4 week window, I'm anticipating an EDD jump 😒

I'm pretty excited to be hitting my 2 month anniversary soon without a single status update. Tesla is taking that contactless buying experience to a new level.

M3P, Midnight Silver/Black, no FSD
Pickup location: Houston
OD: 2/12/22 (showed March 2022 delivery)
EDD1 (2/13/22): April 18 - May 16
this is weird, you should be getting VIN now or soon and yet your EDD has not shrunk at all

Reactions: SantaCruzOMB