Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Financing approval is only good for so long. Thus, my SA advised claiming a cash payment at order and switching and applying when I got the vin as to avoid hitting my credit twice. Worked like a charm.

Delivery is tomorrow morning. Stoked.
Ah, thanks for the info here. I wish I’d know this at the order time but never mind. Looks like I’ll have to take the double hit on my credit

Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD

OD: 3/4: EDD April
3/5 EDD: Apr 30-May 28
3/19 EDD: Apr 5-May 3
3/25 EDD: Apr 4 – June 4
3/25 EDD: Apr 30 – June 4
3/30 EDD Apr 10 - Apr 24
4/4 EDD May 3 – May 31
4/15 installed Tesla wall charger and my EDD still shows May 3 – May 31

My panel was 100amp, according to electrician I could place 30 maybe 40amp breaker on 100amp panel to charge the car but decided to upgrade to 200amp panel at the same time and don't worry about anything.

Delivered.

Found a knick in the paint at the rear door handle that they poorly attempted to correct. It's hard to tell in the photo, but that white ghosting isn't dust. It's where they burned through the clear coat. So, first service appointment is scheduled. Otherwise, it was a painless delivery.

I decided to swing by our new home build (in progress) to get a shot of the new whip.

PXL_20220416_155428305.jpg

PXL_20220416_171730184~2.jpg

Delivered.

Found a knick in the paint at the rear door handle that they poorly attempted to correct. It's hard to tell in the photo, but that white ghosting isn't dust. It's where they burned through the clear coat. So, first service appointment is scheduled. Otherwise, it was a painless delivery.

I decided to swing by our new home build (in progress) to get a shot of the new whip.

View attachment 794296

View attachment 794298
Awesome to hear, congratulations!!

How is the overall build quality of your vehicle? Based on what I’ve been seeing and hearing, Fremont factory’s build quality has been improving well in the recent months with panel gaps and whatnot which is always a good thing to hear.

Reactions: Rodney!
Awesome to hear, congratulations!!

How is the overall build quality of your vehicle? Based on what I’ve been seeing and hearing, Fremont factory’s build quality has been improving well in the recent months with panel gaps and whatnot which is always a good thing to hear.
The person who attempted to fix the scratch had to know that they burnt through the clear coat. The fact that they decided to ship the car with the paint blemish to the customer in this condition speaks for itself. The least they could have done is alert the customer and schedule an immediate service appointment for them with an expedited turnaround. Service appointments availability is around 3-4 weeks, and the paint shop they send the car to will likely keep the car for 3-4 weeks. I can’t wait until I get my M3P, but seeing Tesla deliver a new car with that paint blemish, especially for a color that costs an extra $1,000, makes me think what other issues are technicians seeing and not fixing hoping that the customer won’t notice.

Delivered.

View attachment 794296

View attachment 794298
Besides the paint issue, the car looks great! Congratulations!

The person who attempted to fix the scratch had to know that they burnt through the clear coat. The fact that they decided to ship the car with the paint blemish to the customer in this condition speaks for itself. The least they could have done is alert the customer and schedule an immediate service appointment for them with an expedited turnaround. Service appointments availability is around 3-4 weeks, and the paint shop they send the car to will likely keep the car for 3-4 weeks. I can’t wait until I get my M3P, but seeing Tesla deliver a new car with that paint blemish, especially for a color that costs an extra $1,000, makes me think what other issues are technicians seeing and not fixing hoping that the customer won’t notice.
Honestly, most people probably wouldn't have noticed and they were probably counting on that.

When did you switch to the performance model?