Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking around for a while, decided to register and add my own EDD rollercoaster ride here

OD: 2/27 (but finished all the steps on 2/28)

EDD #1 (2/28): 5/9 - 6/6

EDD #2 (3/5): 4/25 - 5/23

EDD #3 (3/31): 4/12 - 5/10

EDD #4 (4/13): 4/25 - 5/9

EDD #5 (4/18): 5/15 - 6/19

Specs: M3P; Blue Ext/Black Int; no FSD; Socal

I ordered the same car weeks after you and my EDD is 5/2-6/4. I'm certain that my date is going to get pushed back based on you EDD. FML

Sigh. New EDD this morning. I placed my order on 3/13. First EDD was 5/2-6/4 and new EDD is 6/1 - 7/21.

It seems like very few people are getting VINs if you look at the posts in the RWD and LR threads on this site, and on the teslamodel3delivery sub on Reddit. The majority of posts are of EDDs getting pushed back.

Sigh. New EDD this morning. I placed my order on 3/13. First EDD was 5/2-6/4 and new EDD is 6/1 - 7/21.

It seems like very few people are getting VINs if you look at the posts in the RWD and LR threads on this site, and on the teslamodel3delivery sub on Reddit. The majority of posts are of EDDs getting pushed back.
It definitely feels like production has slowed way down based on the forum activity alone in these threads.

Seems to be a bigger window as well. Typically, from what i have seen, they are 4 weeks, give or take a day or two, but your EDD range is 6-7 weeks now.

I am also noticing there are still people with ODs in February still without VINs and/or delivery, so I cant say im surprised to see some of the March ODs getting pushed back.

Its getting more and more frustrating with just the lack of overall transparency and/or definitive information. My OD was 2/14, my two week window is now 4/29-5/11, but I have zero idea at how realistic that is or if I will just get pushed back again and no one can really tell me. I am waiting for something, but i dont know what at this point.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I'm taking that info with a grain of salt. There have been several instances in this thread alone where SA personnel have been uninformed and seemingly telling people what they think they want to hear.
Hey Debbie, i found this supposed screenshot from a Tesla employee on another thread...
Screenshot_20220419-041303_Chrome.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Interesting.

My OD was only 2 days before yours. I started out with a M3LR and changed it to a M3P.

OD: 3/11 - M3LR White\Black Interior\19" Wheels\No FSD

3/11 - EDD 6/11-7/9
3/22 - EDD 5/19-6/23
4/5 - Changed to M3P - White\Black Interior\No FSD

EDD remains the same

Reactions: Panel Gaps
One red M3P with white interior arrived in MN/Eden prairie location yesterday. A few MYP, plaid X and a MSM LR arrived on the same transport. They could be demo vehicles or deliveries. I figured I would share what I saw.

I drove past the Fremont plant late last night. The parking lot was a little less full than usual, but there were cars being loaded on trucks. It's tough to say the breakdown of M3, MY, MS at midnight while doing 70, but there's *something* being delivered.

My OD was only 2 days before yours. I started out with a M3LR and changed it to a M3P.

3/11 - EDD 6/11-7/9
3/22 - EDD 5/19-6/23

EDD remains the same
I ordered M3P on 3/5 and changed my color from white to Red on 4/9. No change in EDD 5/4-6/1. I suspect I will get a updated EDD sometime this week or VIN hopefully

Reactions: Not That M3
I drove past the Fremont plant late last night. The parking lot was a little less full than usual, but there were cars being loaded on trucks. It's tough to say the breakdown of M3, MY, MS at midnight while doing 70, but there's *something* being delivered.
Based on various drone footage of the Freemont plant on YouTube over the last couple of months, it appears that the Y model outnumbers any other model parked at the truck loading area. By a lot.

I hope "recalibrations" doesn't mean "we're also removing adjustable lumbar support from the driver's seat". 😕
No, they have to go around and collect all the mobile chargers and place them in the recyclables container because of, well, you know, waste.

Or the removal of the mobile connector!
jinx!!! 🤣😂🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Tony_YYZ

3/11 - EDD 6/11-7/9
3/22 - EDD 5/19-6/23

EDD remains the same
My OD is 03/02 same spec as your vehicle and the edd has sat at 04/30-05/28 for a decent amount of time

Or the removal of the mobile connector!
In a rare stroke of advantageously thinking ahead, last year I bought a Corded Mobile Connector and a spare Mobile Connector Bundle to take advantage of the 30% EVSE tax credit. Now that portable Tesla chargers are to 2022 as toilet paper was to the beginning of COVID, I think I'll list my mobile connector on eBay for 100 billion dollars and see if I get any nibbles... 😄

And back on topic:

EDD has been at 4/24-5/06 for a few weeks now. MSM/black/no FSD/Virginia. No VIN yet. Received the "do you have a trade in?" text message on 1 April, and a "prepare for delivery" email on 11 April. I can attest that the "prep for delivery" message is similar to a swift kick to the groin when you have not yet been assigned a VIN. Ouch...

i have a M3P I ordered at the beginning of March. I haven’t had any changes to my delivery date in the app (1-29 May) for about a month now. However, I received this text today. When I ordered, most people here recommended putting cash as the payment type and then charging it to financing once I got a VIN assigned. This keeps the process moving forward and your loan approval from expiring. Based on this text, would you just reply YES as cash and then change it once a VIN is assigned or do I need to declare financing now? Bonus points for anyone else who got the same text for how long after this text until you got your VIN and car?

Attachments

• DB7CA422-44C5-4592-AB4F-AC04110E69D0.jpeg
    DB7CA422-44C5-4592-AB4F-AC04110E69D0.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: The Long C_0_N