Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD got automatically pushed since no VIN after the first day of the window. Just kinda wish instead of an aggressive pull forward of EDD, they could've done one that is a slight forward (under promise, over delivered). sigh
OD: 2/27 (but finished all the steps on 2/28)
EDD #1 (2/28): 5/9 - 6/6
EDD #2 (3/5): 4/25 - 5/23
EDD #3 (3/31): 4/12 - 5/10
EDD #4 (4/13): 4/25 - 5/9
EDD #5 (4/18): 5/15 - 6/19
EDD #6 (4/27): 4/29 - 5/13
EDD #7 (4/30): 5/10 - 6/7
Specs: M3P; Blue Ext/Black Int; no FSD; Socal

Reactions: Lindenwood
Update today, minor pushback

New EDD: April 29 - May 13

Let's see if this one sticks...still no VIN

Pushed back
OD 03/04 white/white Fremont
EDD May 9 - June 6

Why narrow it to a two week window, twice, in the first place? :rolleyes: There are now LR orders on Reddit around my OD that are being delivered at the same time, according to these estimates. So much for the P having faster delivery...

Darn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panel Gaps
Ugh, EDD updated today.

MSM/White no FSD, in the Bay Area
March 10 - order
March 20 - spec change
EDD - May 2 - May 30
EDD - 6/11 - 7/16

Debating whether to cancel or not, getting impatient. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for any Tesla.
You are in the Bay. Don't cancel. I highly doubt you'll wait until July. You don't even have the car yet and you already have some nice equity.
Pushed back
OD 03/04 white/white Fremont
EDD May 9 - June 6

Why narrow it to a two week window, twice, in the first place? :rolleyes: There are now LR orders on Reddit around my OD that are being delivered at the same time, according to these estimates. So much for the P having faster delivery...

Darn.
I have a sneaky feeling factory deliveries are being pushed due to lack of space. I sent mines to Dublin and they have a decent large overflow lot off-site. Ordered 3/5 and got my VIN last week with delivery set for 5/15.

You are in the Bay. Don't cancel. I highly doubt you'll wait until July. You don't even have the car yet and you already have some nice equity.

I have a sneaky feeling factory deliveries are being pushed due to lack of space. I sent mines to Dublin and they have a decent large overflow lot off-site. Ordered 3/5 and got my VIN last week with delivery set for 5/15.

You're probably right. I picked Fremont thinking it would be faster since there would be no shipping required. Looks like the opposite might be true!

Still...seeing LR orders with my EDD window feelsbadman

Last edited:
Here's another part switcheroo to keep note of. Someone in the LR thread said they saw newly built LR cars with the older non-matrix headlights. They claim the Performance cars were unaffected. Please provide feedback on your cars after you've taken delivery or if you've confirmed with your SA, thanks.

My delivery range was May 8-12 which I figured was pretty firm. I told him I'd be on vacation starting the 8th and he said I could take delivery on the 5th or 6th. That was easy!
I love that your M3 has a bike rack. Was it offered on your order form? I didn’t have the option in 2019, but this may draw me into needing an update. The last time I started the order form I didn’t see it as an choice available at order time.

Well, well, well...maybe they do actually make cars.

Got a delivery text today. (!!) They are dropping it off at my house on the 3rd. (!!!) After all the other delays and pushes, I was shocked to get the text. I wasn't given any delivery options, just told it'll be outside my house on Tuesday afternoon. Such a strange process.

Or maybe Elon's planning to punch me in the face and wants to make sure I'll be at home.

I had asked to pick it up, so I'm thinking this points even more to their needing to get cars off the factory lot.

Got a delivery text today. (!!) They are dropping it off at my house on the 3rd. (!!!) After all the other delays and pushes, I was shocked to get the text. I wasn't given any delivery options, just told it'll be outside my house on Tuesday afternoon. Such a strange process.

Or maybe Elon's planning to punch me in the face and wants to make sure I'll be at home.

I had asked to pick it up, so I'm thinking this points even more to their needing to get cars off the factory lot.
If they need cars off the factory lot, all they need to do is ask and I’ll be up there in 15 minutes 😂 better than my current EDD…

• Funny
Reactions: RuTang and mcp76

mcp76 and Elon on delivery day:

will-smith-will-smith-slap.gif

I have been playing a lot with the A Better Route Planner app (and bought a subscription to support the devs for building such an awesome app).

To account for what I expect to be a lot of…ahem… “passing maneuvers” on the way home from picking up my vehicle, I added 15% to the baseline energy consumption and added a constriction of arriving to no chargers with less than 20%. I will accept an extra half hour on the road to make sure I really get to enjoy that trip home :p .
5742F5A4-CC1D-4988-B71F-A0A9BD25755E.jpeg

Also I just passed a hair over $4,000 in accessories (including wheels and tires) for the M3P that has still yet to arrive!

Still, OD 22 Feb, VIN this week, with EDD 6-10 May! Almost there!

Last edited:

Congrats!

I have been playing a lot with the A Better Route Planner app (and bought a subscription to support the devs for building such an awesome app).

To account for what I expect to be a lot of…ahem… “passing maneuvers” on the way home from picking up my vehicle, I added 15% to the baseline energy consumption and added a construction of arriving to no chargers with less than 20%. I will accept an extra half hour on the road to make sure I really get to enjoy that trip home :p . View attachment 799284

Also I just passed a hair over $4,000 in accessories (including wheels and tires) for the M3P that has still yet to arrive!

Still, OD 22 Feb, VIN this week, with EDD 6-10 May! Almost there!
Do tell what wheels and tires you are going with ? 🤩 staying 20’s or going to 18’s?

Reactions: Rodney!