Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you planning to modify your car after taking delivery, what’s your plan when it comes time to sell the car?

Does modifying the car affect resale value or the ability to trade in? Do you hang on to the stock parts that you replace and put them back on the car before selling?
Lowering and suspension, yea. Will be less of a market for the car and typically I wouldn’t want to buy a car that’s been lowered. I used to mod quite a bit but I’m planning on leaving the suspension stock. It’s generally a good idea to put the suspension back to stock before selling.

Reactions: Maric and finaufan
Updates coming rapidly now!

Order Details: M3P, Red Multi-Coat, White Interior, No FSD

Delivery Location: West Palm Beach, FL

OD: 3-28-22
EDD1: June 15 - July 27
EDD2: May 28 - July 2 (updated on April 2nd)
EDD3: May 29 - June 29 (updated on May 2nd)
EDD4: May 31 – June 14 (updated on May 12th)
EDD5: May 27 – June 8 (updated on May 14th)

The window narrowed even more so that’s good news :)
Same Spec ordered 3/11 May 15th - 27th delivery in SoCal so maybe our cars will be from the same batch

Texted to see if I could get a ping of where my vehicle was

Screenshot_20220514-180618~2.png

Alright everyone!!! I just got a call from a Tesla advisor and he had a few questions to ask me. He went over my account to make sure everything looked good and asked if I had a trade in. Then I asked him if that means I am close to receiving a VIN. He let me know that if I am on his call list that means I am very close and he expects my window to not get pushed any further and I should be receiving a text soon. So fingers crossed.

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
5/13: EDD May 15- May 28
5/14: Call from advisor notifying me that I will be receiving a VIN very soon.

Alright everyone!!! I just got a call from a Tesla advisor and he had a few questions to ask me. He went over my account to make sure everything looked good and asked if I had a trade in. Then I asked him if that means I am close to receiving a VIN. He let me know that if I am on his call list that means I am very close and he expects my window to not get pushed any further and I should be receiving a text soon. So fingers crossed.

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
5/13: EDD May 15- May 28
5/14: Call from advisor notifying me that I will be receiving a VIN very soon.

Awesome! My OD is a few days before you, hope we get some VIN action soon!!!

Reactions: cf2111 and Tony_YYZ
For those of you planning to modify your car after taking delivery, what’s your plan when it comes time to sell the car?

Does modifying the car affect resale value or the ability to trade in? Do you hang on to the stock parts that you replace and put them back on the car before selling?
minor cosmetics mods should be fine tbh but sometimes some new customers don't like the mods and prefer stock.

Reactions: finaufan and cf2111
Went to the Tesla delivery center today to drop off my existing license plates since they need it ahead of the delivery day. My car arrived today.

Here it is in all its bug splatter glory

View attachment 804281
So it would appear your M3P was loaded backwards on the transporter. At least your front end is clear. Good luck with the delivery!

When is the cutoff for a new model year? If I get a car delivered in July will it be a 2022 and if it gets delivered in October will it be a 2023?
Tesla doesn't have model years. They just change parts whenever it makes sense to do so. Generally, it's best to order the vehicle when you are prepared to purchase one and reject the vehicle if it is missing a new, major feature. With that in mind, there will always be something new and better around the corner. The fear of missing out (FOMO) can be a troubling feeling.

Reactions: Not That M3