Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't have model years. They just change parts whenever it makes sense to do so. Generally, it's best to order the vehicle when you are prepared to purchase one and reject the vehicle if it is missing a new, major feature. With that in mind, there will always be something new and better around the corner. The fear of missing out (FOMO) can be a troubling feeling.
Yeah that's not true. I've seen 2021 model 3's delivered as soon as November 2020. That's why the early 2021's did not have the dash trim extend into the door panels.

Weird, my VIN and delivery date disappeared from my app but the details are still in my account on the website.
Mine did that as well. I totally freaked out... But rebooted my phone and all was well! 🤗

I was just walking the dog and as I was heading back to the house, I had to stop and look at the 3. It really is a good looking car. With a little wider wheel, it just looks so understated yet muscular. Couple rattles aside, I am SO happy!

20220515_081140.jpg

Keep your chins up fellas! It's worth the wait! 😍

Mine did that as well. I totally freaked out... But rebooted my phone and all was well! 🤗

I was just walking the dog and as I was heading back to the house, I had to stop and look at the 3. It really is a good looking car. With a little wider wheel, it just looks so understated yet muscular. Couple rattles aside, I am SO happy!

View attachment 804561

Exactly it is worth the wait! I was frustrated for awhile with the process but the car is so awesome!

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Tesla doesn't have model years. They just change parts whenever it makes sense to do so. Generally, it's best to order the vehicle when you are prepared to purchase one and reject the vehicle if it is missing a new, major feature. With that in mind, there will always be something new and better around the corner. The fear of missing out (FOMO) can be a troubling feeling.
Let me rephrase since there are technically model years on the cars. What I mean is Tesla does not wait for a new model year for major upgrades. They just start rolling them out once they get them. This could happen in October or November, or it could happen in July. Having a newer model year does not mean you are getting a different car than a couple months prior.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!

View attachment 804561

I love the look of no T emblem on the hood

This is what’s been happening to me since May 5th. Right after 10 o’clock this morning it will update to today’s date being the start of the window. The local dealership is waiting for the car. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ordered it on 2/21 and received VIN on 4/25.
Well I called the 1-800 number and Tesla customer service told me the car was delivered to Tampa and has been sitting waiting for the Charge Port ECU. I'm going to call the local SC today to see if I can get a more definitive answer.

Reactions: jessepotter
Well I called the 1-800 number and Tesla customer service told me the car was delivered to Tampa and has been sitting waiting for the Charge Port ECU. I'm going to call the local SC today to see if I can get a more definitive answer.
Where are you in FL? We are in Naples. My latest EDD is June 1 - 15th and I haven't seen a VIN yet

Attachments

• B5B1DF29-23D5-4338-9FA8-04BCF7D5CCC4_1_201_a.jpeg
    B5B1DF29-23D5-4338-9FA8-04BCF7D5CCC4_1_201_a.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 43