Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another update… and another pushed two week window… This is my 5th two week window (one was a 13 day window).

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
5/13: EDD May 15- May 28
5/14: Call from advisor notifying me that I will be receiving a VIN very soon.
5/16: EDD May 21 - June 4

For anybody that's brought in an old license plate from the car they sold, does the $250 registration fee get removed from the Tesla price since you're not buying new plates?
I was able to set it up for a plate transfer when I ordered it and it lowered the registration fee. Note where I am in IL there are special EV plates which normally have a higher than normal registration fee, and regular plates cannot be transferred. It varies in each state.

Another update… and another pushed two week window… This is my 5th two week window (one was a 13 day window).

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
5/13: EDD May 15- May 28
5/14: Call from advisor notifying me that I will be receiving a VIN very soon.
5/16: EDD May 21 - June 4
I'm in the same boat as you still except I haven't gotten a call from SA.

Reactions: cf2111
So, I did take delivery today. I apologize for no photos yet.

It was stupid hot and muggy. By the time I got done with the exterior inspection, I just wanted to get out of there.

There were two minor issues and two more major issues (still nothing terrible).

The lights in both front and back were not symmetrical as far as how they sat in their sockets. One side came out a little further than the other under the light assembly. It was really only noticeable when running your finger around them, so I gave it a pass.

There were a couple places with very light scratches that I'm sure my PPF guy will buff out prior to installation of the wrap. So, I'm not worried about those.

On the driver's door there is what looks like a small hair or fiber under the clear coat or maybe even under a layer of paint. I can still see it when looking right at it. I'm going to bring it up to the PPF guy and see what he can do. Maybe a little sanding might get it out.

There is a plastic cover piece over the seat belt assembly on the driver's side rear that is not sitting where it needs to be. It is popped up enough you can see the crack under it. The other side is perfectly fitted. I'm going to attempt to push this down when I get the car back. If that doesn't work, I'll put in a service request.

Other than those few things, the rest of the car looked really good. I'm very particular, so if I say it was overall good, it is.

I promise pictures once I get it back from the PPF and tint shops.
Congrats Jesse! Look forward to the pictures. That reminds me, I need to make an appointment to get my windows tinted.

I was able to set it up for a plate transfer when I ordered it and it lowered the registration fee. Note where I am in IL there are special EV plates which normally have a higher than normal registration fee, and regular plates cannot be transferred. It varies in each state.
Crazy, the push and incentives to move to EV and be green, but some greedy states enforce higher fees for them.....way to go Illinois👍

Reactions: Maric
Another pushback.

OD 03/04 White/White, Fremont

03/04 EDD1: "April"

03/05 EDD2: May 29 - June 26

03/12 EDD3: April 24 - May 22

04/07 EDD4: April 25 - May 23

04/22 EDD5: April 24 - May 8

04/25 EDD6: April 29 - May 13

04/30 EDD7: May 9 - June 6

05/05 EDD8: May 13 - May 27

05/13 EDD9: May 15 - May 27

05/16 EDD10: May 18 - May 28

Still no VIN, so frankly I don't believe it for one second.

Frustrating.

Last edited: