Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy, the push and incentives to move to EV and be green, but some greedy states enforce higher fees for them.....way to go Illinois👍
GA registration renewal is $200 for EVs instead of $20 for an ICE vehicle.

dave-chappelle-the-chappelle-show.gif

Another update! Getting closer

Order Date: 3/6/2022
Configuration: M3P, Red/Black, No FSD
#1 EDD: May 13 - June 13 (Original)
#2 EDD: April 27 - May 27 (March 30, 2022)
#3 EDD: May 3 - May 31 (April 6, 2022)
#4 EDD: May 1 - May 14 (April 15,2022)
#5 EDD: May 14 - May 28 (April 20, 2022)
#6 EDD: May 13 - May 26 (April 29, 2022)
#7 EDD: May 26 - May 30 VIN!! (May 10, 2022)
#8 EDD: May 21 - May 27 (May 16, 2022)

Another update! Getting closer

Order Date: 3/6/2022
Configuration: M3P, Red/Black, No FSD
#1 EDD: May 13 - June 13 (Original)
#2 EDD: April 27 - May 27 (March 30, 2022)
#3 EDD: May 3 - May 31 (April 6, 2022)
#4 EDD: May 1 - May 14 (April 15,2022)
#5 EDD: May 14 - May 28 (April 20, 2022)
#6 EDD: May 13 - May 26 (April 29, 2022)
#7 EDD: May 26 - May 30 VIN!! (May 10, 2022)
#8 EDD: May 21 - May 27 (May 16, 2022)
So, utilizing deductive reasoning, I ordered 9 days after you (3/15), I should get my VIN on May 19. Anyone want to take odds?

That is absurd considering we were quoted a March delivery.
I completely agree. I understand the Tesla factories are slammed but they were slammed at the time we all recently placed our orders in Feb/March, so Tesla must have had some idea of what their delivery timeframes would be. I'm betting they didn't want to publish extended long time delivery dates then like they are now.

Reactions: Young Phenom
I completely agree. I understand the Tesla factories are slammed but they were slammed at the time we all recently placed our orders in Feb/March, so Tesla must have had some idea of what their delivery timeframes would be. I'm betting they didn't want to publish extended long time delivery dates then like they are now.

As it is, the very first EDD I got after the original April estimate might end up being the most accurate.

The day after my "April" delivery order, they estimated May 29 - June 26. I was dismayed at the time, but now it's looking like that they actually knew at the onset....

All the April and even Mid May estimates have turned out to be optimistic at best, for me.

My delivery rollercoaster came to a happy ending today. The short version is I ordered on Feb 12th, got crickets for 60 days before the next EDD update, got delivery scheduled before vacation but then missed that window because my car was put into charge port jail for 2 weeks. I'm back from vacation today and got to see it for the first time.

The quality is world's better than my 2020 M3P was. The only issues I saw were
the trunk is misaligned, there's a small scuff on the door entry panel, and there are a couple small circles on the paint where it looks like there is a little excess clear coat.

The car only had 5 miles which is surprising because they had it an an off-site location for the charge port repair. I turned it over to the PPF and tint shop which is in the same parking lot so I haven't driven it over 5 mph yet. Lucid is next door also so I got to see one getting PPF.

The key takeaway for the new people is to expect a lot of bumps along the delivery process but you'll get through it. There really isn't another EV in this price range if you care about performance so stay strong and your day will come too.

Attachments

• PXL_20220516_174510432.jpg
    PXL_20220516_174510432.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20220516_180325887.jpg
    PXL_20220516_180325887.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
got 6 runs, all of them being 11.3@117 except for one tree experiment which netted an 11.40 it is amazing how many older people hate Tesla and electric cars in general. Guys that were mid 30's and younger loved the car, and the boomers are not fans.

couple data points:

highway range @70mph in chill mode used 50% of the range in 97 miles. I did not expect that.

dragstrip is in the middle of the woods, and has minimal cell reception. when they called my lane to run, i got locked out of the car. my wallet/keycard were in the console, and my phone was not communicating. I had to walk around and try to get a little signal to unlock the car.... after that, i put the keycard in my pocket. but, damn, that coulda been the beginning to a sh!tty evening...

yes. i went 255/40-18, which is 6/10" shorter. I was paced by a buddy with GPS, and I was doing an indicated 71mph and he was doing 69mph.

Hope you guys and gals all get your cars. Quality seems to be improving, so that is a good thing.

Oh, I popped my dash cap trying to find the loose nut, and got nowhere. I scheduled my first service appointment fo may 23rd. Hopefully my car is not buchered! :p

Range does not seem change with lighter wheels. My 18's are 9 lbs lighter per corner, and i changed to 18" wheels in the wheel configuration. NOTHING changed, estimated range and actuality seem to not change at all.
11.3@117 is crazy fast. Is that strip downhill?
I'm guessing you lost some range with the wider tires and extra offset/spacers. Tesla puts narrow tires and tucks them into the bodywork for aero.
I keep a keycard in my wallet just in case, I wonder if when the car falls asleep is the bluetooth still active to look for the phone key? The only issue I was having with my phone key is it was intermittent, I noticed when I keep my phone in my back pocket it's hit or miss if the car recognizes the phone key. I have to have my phone in my hand for it to work 100% of the time.