Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was able to change to finance option through text and also able to schedule delivery but sadly that finance change will delay it

This shouldn't be the case. I was going to pay cash and decided to finance since the rate was still low. I simply sent a txt to the number that has been sending me messages since placing the order and requested to open up the financing portal in my account as I decided to finance. Within about 10 minutes I logged back into my account and the option to finance was there. I completed, was approved in a few minutes, and that step was then completed, In no way, shape, or form did it change my delivery timeline.

So I called my local SC and got them on the service side to look into how long this Charge Port ECU is going to take.

They responsed that they expected to get X number of Charge Port ECUs from Tesla, they received way less than they expected and that now they are totally out of stock and can't order any. They are waiting on direction from Tesla now.

So in short my 2/12 order date car has been sitting in Tampa since mid March waiting for this part. And I'm stuck in limbo as they have no part or expected date of completion.

This shouldn't be the case. I was going to pay cash and decided to finance since the rate was still low. I simply sent a txt to the number that has been sending me messages since placing the order and requested to open up the financing portal in my account as I decided to finance. Within about 10 minutes I logged back into my account and the option to finance was there. I completed, was approved in a few minutes, and that step was then completed, In no way, shape, or form did it change my delivery timeline.
yeah i was wrong it wont affect delivery.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
So I called my local SC and got them on the service side to look into how long this Charge Port ECU is going to take.

They responsed that they expected to get X number of Charge Port ECUs from Tesla, they received way less than they expected and that now they are totally out of stock and can't order any. They are waiting on direction from Tesla now.

So in short my 2/12 order date car has been sitting in Tampa since mid March waiting for this part. And I'm stuck in limbo as they have no part or expected date of completion.

This is not good. We recently moved back to Nashville from Tampa and the next time you are near the SC, go to the service department and ask to speak with Thomas, tech with a British accent. He is extremely plugged into all things corporate and he may be able to give you a better timeline.

Reactions: Young Phenom
THIS JUST IN:

First the background. I reached out to my local SC via txt asking when my financing would require another credit pull as I suspect that my car could be sitting at my local SC for an unknown period of time due to the charge port ECU's being unavailable. I received the following reply BUT I would take it with a grain of salt and/or YMMV.

"Hi Scott. Financing was approved on 4/27/22 and is good through 6/26./22 We anticipate having the parts needed to have your Model 3 ready for delivery within the next 5-10 days, but will keep you posted as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience. Feel free to call the Nashville store directly with any questions".

ride your SA/text them to constantly ask them to ping the car. Different people respond at different times, so sometimes you get a generic response and other times you get someone helpful.

This is what i did, and I was there when they unloaded it off the truck. I told them i was going to be a PITA, but the Kisco folks seemed to enjoy my enthusiasm! YMMV...
Thanks brother, will do. If y'all knew what I went through with the disastrous 2021 M3P I regretfully accepted you'd cry.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
THIS JUST IN:

First the background. I reached out to my local SC via txt asking when my financing would require another credit pull as I suspect that my car could be sitting at my local SC for an unknown period of time due to the charge port ECU's being unavailable. I received the following reply BUT I would take it with a grain of salt and/or YMMV.

"Hi Scott. Financing was approved on 4/27/22 and is good through 6/26./22 We anticipate having the parts needed to have your Model 3 ready for delivery within the next 5-10 days, but will keep you posted as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience. Feel free to call the Nashville store directly with any questions".
Gotta love corporate America🤢

This is weird why wouldn't they push out a March order to finish a Feb order?

Reactions: Maric
This is weird why wouldn't they push out a March order to finish a Feb order?
They won’t short the line of parts unless it was a mass shortage. So any cars being built now will get part priority over cars sitting at the delivery center lots. They will then ship parts to the delivery centers as extra units become available. Which sucks for people waiting but this is how it goes.

Also looks like only US cars are getting hit with this because parts are cheaper to ship domestically.

For anybody in the same situation... After getting the text and email this morning to schedule delivery, I asked for my order to be put on hold.

I was told I can only have the order on hold 90 days from order date, not from when I requested hold. Since I ordered March 10th, the order can only be on hold until June 10th. I tried to ask what happens after the hold is removed, and wasn't able to get anything specific. My actual hope is I get put back in line and I get to wait a few more months. Best case scenario I take delivery in August/September.