Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. I think we all (me included) look at the first date on each EDD and are hopeful that is our delivery date. If I look back, my first EDD said May 2022. I had 6 more updates with various ranges. Finally have a VIN and expected delivery of 6/4- 6/7, which is within one week of initial EDD. Setting your own expectations and not letting the changes impact how you feel about it are difficult. I think at the end of the day I'd prefer how it is done by Tesla in comparison to other dealerships. My son ordered a Tacoma which was supposedly already in production - they said 8 weeks. Didn't get ANY information at all. Ended up getting it in about 16 weeks later. I ordered a Maverick last November and have had ZERO updates yet. I guess for some, not knowing is better than a date that keeps changing. For me, it's not. I also acknowledge there are some with unique circumstances (i.e. charge port), but IMHO that is not something that "normally" happens. I may be wrong. Anyway, that's my .02 cents worth and every situation is different. Some people seem to be really getting screwed with the VIN/Charge port issue. My perspective may be different if I was in that situation.
This is pretty much true. You'll find countless reports of delays without notifications on other car forums pre-delivery\ordering threads.

The charge port issue seems like a easy fix on the surface. Buyers want their cars to be prioritized and those charge port ECUs to be taken off the line and put in their cars. While on the surface it seems like an easy fix, I can imagine disrupting the production line has a far greater impact than what most people think. My best guess is it will most likely cause a chain of events that slows down a greater amount of deliveries and at the same time, it will have a much greater financial impact. IMHO, people tend to think of things in their own limited purviews as we very much have a ME ME ME society.

Reactions: toquar
This is pretty much true. You'll find countless reports of delays without notifications on other car forums pre-delivery\ordering threads.

The charge port issue seems like a easy fix on the surface. Buyers want their cars to be prioritized and those charge port ECUs to be taken off the line and put in their cars. While on the surface it seems like an easy fix, I can imagine disrupting the production line has a far greater impact than what most people think. My best guess is it will most likely cause a chain of events that slows down a greater amount of deliveries and at the same time, it will have a much greater financial impact. IMHO, people tend to think of things in their own limited purviews as we very much have a ME ME ME society.
You wouldn't believe how often people asked if we could pull a part from the factory line when I worked at a high end dealership service department.

It just does not work that way.

• Funny
Reactions: Not That M3
Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD
OD: 3/4
4/26 VIN received
Pick up 5/19

Finally waiting came to the end, from the start to finish 2.5 month. I'll say like everybody else, car is a blast to drive and acceleration is breathtaking. Definitely worth the wait. :)

IMG-5472.JPG

IMG-5474.JPG

IMG-5473.JPG

I ordered a Model 3 Performance (Black paint, Black interior) on 3/16/2022. I did not opt for the Full Self-Driving. I just received my VIN number yesterday. Estimated delivery is now 6/5-6/9. My estimated delivery dates have ranged anywhere from April to September. I am located in Central Florida. They have asked for me to update my insurance but won't let me make payment yet. (Payment option is not selectable)

I ordered a Model 3 Performance (Black paint, Black interior) on 3/16/2022. I did not opt for the Full Self-Driving. I just received my VIN number yesterday. Estimated delivery is now 6/5-6/9. My estimated delivery dates have ranged anywhere from April to September. I am located in Central Florida. They have asked for me to update my insurance but won't let me make payment yet. (Payment option is not selectable)
Mine allowed me to make the final payments after they asked me to schedule for the delivery day.

I would not make a payment just yet. Your delivery dates can get pushed back again. I used Plaid and it took maybe 5 minutes to sync my account and make a payment.

Are you picking up from Eatonville??

Reactions: argar
4th EDD change today. Not really surprising seeing I was a few days away from the window and no VIN number. It's crazy how fluid their delivery windows are. I imagine this is due to Tesla constantly moving vehicles around based on destination rather than using a first in, first out approach to orders that is typically used by legacy automakers.

M3P, Red, White Interior, No FSD
OD: 03/22
EDD 1: May 30 - July 11
EDD 2: May 26 - June 30
EDD 3: May 21 - June 18
EDD 4: June 1 - June 15
This is the exact same spec i have for my 3 and my EDD window is the same as yours.
Initial OD was 3/14 but I made some edits on 03/24.