Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I found a major issue with my M3P I picked up Wednesday. A MAJOR ISSUE....

My wife won't stop driving it. She's put about 250 miles on it in two days and keeps looking for excuses to drive it and has not driven her Pacifica Hybrid or our Wrangler hybrid since... Ugh... Might need to sell the Pacifica and get her a Model Y Performace.
Haha yeah. My wife ended up getting a Model Y last fall after loving the drive of my old 3.

Another day another EDD change. It feels like delivery is getting closer probably in the next two weeks but who knows really.

M3P, Red, White Interior, No FSD
OD: 03/22
EDD 1: May 30 - July 11
EDD 2: May 26 - June 30
EDD 3: May 21 - June 18
EDD 4: June 1 - June 15
EDD 5: May 26 - June 8
i would have thought your vin and scheduled delivery has already been set and stone. My order date is a day later than yours.

Holy *sugar* man, may as well reject your VIN at this point, they've obviously forgotten about you!
Texted the customer service today (not expecting to get a response) and heard back a few hours later with this:

"There are currently wide supply shortages that Tesla is facing and, as a result, we must wait for the proper clearances to legally release the vehicle for the roads. The good news is that there is a physical vehicle prepared for you but we must wait a little longer until we can get it on the road. Please rest assured, are working as quickly as possible to get you into your vehicle. We will update you as soon as we have confirmation that your vehicle can be delivered."

So basically no new news as far as I'm concerned.

Texted the customer service today (not expecting to get a response) and heard back a few hours later with this:

"There are currently wide supply shortages that Tesla is facing and, as a result, we must wait for the proper clearances to legally release the vehicle for the roads. The good news is that there is a physical vehicle prepared for you but we must wait a little longer until we can get it on the road. Please rest assured, are working as quickly as possible to get you into your vehicle. We will update you as soon as we have confirmation that your vehicle can be delivered."

So basically no new news as far as I'm concerned.
have you gone to look at the car yet?

Good day, All...first post as I join the waiting room - excited to be an owner soon, with all of you! I guess since I can't have a signature as a noob, I'll start my order history and paste it in when I can.

The day I put my order in - I read about putting in cash on those first steps, even though I plan on financing 1/2 and putting 1/2 down. That changed my general June-August delivery overnight to that first window. My order was a couple weeks after the mobile connector became an add-on, so I ordered that kit + the Wall Connector. Got the Wall Connector within about 4 days and installed that same week I ordered. Got the Tesla Frunk/Trunk/Well liners (boxes had WeatherTech Direct on them) the other day. Looking at Tint and PPF now...but I do need the car.

Stoked to say the least!

M3P|DBM|Black|NoFSD|SoCal OD: 5/1/22. EDD(5/3): 6/5-7/10 EDD(5/19): 6/8-7/6

You should go look at it. If there any other issues, then maybe you can reject this one now then have another one built?

That sucks for you bro, i feel bad... 🤕
Don't feel bad it just my luck when it comes to buying anything really. So par for the course. 🤷

Just sucks as we estimated a March delivery. Even April is understandable. But I'm closing in on the end of May with no end in sight lol.

Not sure rejecting the VIN is a better choice, my luck I would just fall back in line and be 3 more months out.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
So, my PPF guy said there is no way he can get out that hair/fiber. It's not large, but it's also black and sticks out like a sore thumb on my driver's side door.

I called the service center and got someone on the line. Fortunately, they didn't give me a hard time about it at all since it's obviously a manufacturing blemish and not something I can cause through negligence.

They set an appointment the day after my tint is set to be done. He said it will take about 10 days to repaint the door.

After the repaint, I have to wait 30 days for the paint to cure before wrapping the door.

Obviously, I'm not too happy about waiting another 10 days to get the car back and then having to drive all the way back up to the PPF shop to finish the car.

It will be over 100 days from order to actually being able to drive this car day to day.

My advice to all those picking up cars soon: Get them to make an appointment for any cosmetic repairs while you are there before taking delivery. If this would have been a scratch I overlooked, they could very well deny service as there would be little in the way to prove it was Tesla's fault.
Another update on paint issues with my car:

My PPF guy found numerous "dimples" in the paint on the driver rear door, so he didn't wrap that one either.

I spoke with my Tesla service center and they just asked I send them pictures or a video and gave me an email. I sent them what my PPF guy sent me.

I received a call this morning from the service manager assuring me we are still on track for Wednesday morning after the car is done with the PPF and tint.

Tesla has been very courteous during the service appointment process knowing the paint defects came from the factory and not a scratch or chip I caused through wear and tear.

I'm sure there are Tesla's delivered all the time with paint defects and customers either don't notice them or just don't care. I'm fairly (read: a lot) OCD and I'm not putting a $5k PPF job over a factory paint defect.

Hopefully, everything turns out okay in the end and I can enjoy this car in early June (Feb 18 order date!). If there are still things I'm unhappy with, I may end up selling it and just recouping my money.

My outlook may also change once I'm able to really drive the car like others have stated here.

I received a text from Tesla today, inquiring if I'm trading in a vehicle to send VIN, and mileage so they can provide a value.

M3P, Red Multi-Coat, Black Interior, no FSD, Texas

4/6: OD EDD Jun - Aug 2022
4/8: EDD June 12 - July 24
4/18: EDD June 14 - July 19
5/4: EDD July 6 - August 17
5/9: EDD June 3 - July 1
5/20: EDD May 31 - June 14
5/21: Trade-in text from Tesla