Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 809514

I didn't even have to speak to anybody when I got there. Found my car, looked over the outside, accepted delivery and opened it from the app.

I am having an issue where the car doesn't lock and turn off when I walk away unless I manually power off the screen. Not sure if I have to give it some time to turn off or I have a setting wrong. May have to schedule an appointment for it
Is your badge on the front black? If so where did you get it?

Not really related to the ordering process, but for those who are opting to have PPF installed on their car, my shop has told me that they will be removing all badges on my car (including the DUAL MOTOR, the red underline, and the hood/trunk T logos) in order to apply the PPF, after which the T logos will be reinstalled on top of the PPF. They said they don't typically reinstall the DUAL MOTOR badging because the lettering is small and usually ends up unusable after removal.

I was curious as to whether this is typical, and if so, whether I should be worried about the T badges looking the same after being reinstalled. One recourse I'm considering is just telling the shop to leave all the badges off. Any thoughts on that idea? I like that it would make cleaning the car a little easier, but would be concerned it might look weird. Another option would be to replace the badges with carbon fiber versions that match the spoiler on the trunk lid, although I can't seem to find any high quality options.

Thoughts?
Hi,
I wouldn't spend the money to PPF the trunk hatch. But your PPF installer is correct in removing the badges in order to do a correct install. Abstract Ocean sells the satin black Dual Motor with red underline on their website.

Couldn't have asked for a better delivery experience to leave the waiting room here. Original order date was March 8, and took delivery May 27. I was the only customer there all morning and got to spend all the time I wanted looking around the car inside and out before signing for it, the paperwork took no time, and the staff were fantastic to deal with. Even got to get hands on with a Plaid in inventory.

After so many months of hearing mixed opinions on build quality and fears about the mobile connector not being included, etc, I went in with low expectations but the car is actually flawless. I couldn't find a single errant mm of panel gap and the interior is rock solid too- without a doubt the best dealership/service center experience I've had with any brand before.

View attachment 809820
View attachment 809821
FANTASTIC news!!! I have the exact M3P arriving in a week. Fingers crossed mine is perfect like yours. Enjoy!!!

Hi,
I wouldn't spend the money to PPF the trunk hatch. But your PPF installer is correct in removing the badges in order to do a correct install. Abstract Ocean sells the satin black Dual Motor with red underline on their website.
Thanks for the reassurance. On my car that the M3P is replacing, I only had PPF installed in the most vulnerable areas of the car, but this time around, based on what I've heard about Tesla paint durability, I figured I would just cover the whole car and never have to worry about swirl marks.

Thanks for the tip about the Dual Motor badges. I actually saw them on Abstract Ocean a while ago and was wondering why they don't sell similar T logo badges to match. I'd happily install replacement black badges all around if I had the option (to match the black door handles and window trim) but the T badges are hard to find from a reputable source. All I've been able to find are no name brands on Amazon and eBay, which make me nervous.

Does anyone have a good source for purchasing black or carbon fiber T logo badges?

Thanks for the reassurance. On my car that the M3P is replacing, I only had PPF installed in the most vulnerable areas of the car, but this time around, based on what I've heard about Tesla paint durability, I figured I would just cover the whole car and never have to worry about swirl marks.

Thanks for the tip about the Dual Motor badges. I actually saw them on Abstract Ocean a while ago and was wondering why they don't sell similar T logo badges to match. I'd happily install replacement black badges all around if I had the option (to match the black door handles and window trim) but the T badges are hard to find from a reputable source. All I've been able to find are no name brands on Amazon and eBay, which make me nervous.

Does anyone have a good source for purchasing black or carbon fiber T logo badges?
Following this - I want black T Logo badges

Following this - I want black T Logo badges
I remember some website Tesla accessory place that carries the T badging in black, can't remember who. They were quite expensive too.
You can remove them and have a quality body shop paint them correctly for cheap, them reinstall them with the red backed 3M badging tape.

*EDIT* Found the site.....

I remember some website Tesla accessory place that carries the T badging in black, can't remember who. They were quite expensive too.
You can remove them and have a quality body shop paint them correctly for cheap, them reinstall them with the red backed 3M badging tape.

I bought mine from EvPug on Etsy. He’s really responsive and has a set that includes the Dual Motor Badge with a red underline.

Reactions: RuffRidinNole
So excited! It’s happening! Got a text from my SA. I hope they don’t ask me to do delivery before my EDD as I will be out of town. How long is transport to Austin?

“Hi xxx, your Model 3 has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment. When you receive that message, be sure to schedule as soon as possible, as appointments fill up quickly.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.”

So excited! It’s happening! Got a text from my SA. I hope they don’t ask me to do delivery before my EDD as I will be out of town. How long is transport to Austin?

“Hi xxx, your Model 3 has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment. When you receive that message, be sure to schedule as soon as possible, as appointments fill up quickly.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.”
Awesome!

Reactions: Not That M3

Awesome! Thank you for the link! I'll just tell the PPF shop to leave the badges off so I can replace them with these myself.

Regarding the etsy option, since those are caps (from my understanding) they'd require the original badges to be in place so they can go over them. I'd prefer to just apply new base badges if they are going to be removed anyway for PPF installation. They do seem like a good product though. If my badges weren't coming off to begin with, I'd definitely be interested in them.

Reactions: RuffRidinNole
Today, I received a text from Tesla that my Model 3 has just departed the factory and is in transit to the delivery center. The text said to be on the lookout for a message to schedule delivery next week.

M3P, Red Multi-Coat, Black Interior, no FSD, Texas

4/6: OD EDD Jun - Aug 2022
4/8: EDD June 12 - July 24
4/18: EDD June 14 - July 19
5/4: EDD July 6 - August 17
5/9: EDD June 3 - July 1
5/20: EDD May 31 - June 14
5/21: Trade-in text from Tesla
5/25: VIN assigned 264xxx
5/25: EDD June 6 - June 12
5/28: Model 3 departed factory text from Tesla

I talked with my SA today and he said the car has the global headlights. Are those the matrix or the older ones? He said the global ones are the matrix ones. I just want to confirm here that what he said was correct.
That's correct. Global = matrix. The "matrix" term refers to the underlying grid of LEDs that serve as the light source. Kind of like the pixels on a plasma or OLED display. The design allows the beam pattern of the headlights to be reconfigured by turning individual elements of the underlying LED matrix on and off as needed based on the regulations in the region where the vehicle is being operated. For instance, in countries where the vehicles are right hand drive, the beam cutoff is opposite to those with left hand drive vehicles. Hence, the "global" designation.

Reactions: julit0