Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the M3P today.

1:30 pm pickup time. Showed up at around 1:25 and spent the next 2 hours waiting for the car to be prepped smh. Tampa SC apparently was way understaffed and struggling.

Gave her a once over and by the time it was all over I just wanted to leave.

Overall very good quality/gaps etc.. a few minor things that need to be buffed but not too bad.....

....Until we saw the truck lid. There's a considerable dent that's on visible in certain angles. It's bowed at the top of the trunk lid and at the bottom

Not sure if this happened in transit or while they went back to work on the Charge Port ECU. I've already set up a service appointment for this.

Screenshot_20220530-180120_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220530-180235_Gallery.jpg

Picked up the M3P today.

1:30 pm pickup time. Showed up at around 1:25 and spent the next 2 hours waiting for the car to be prepped smh. Tampa SC apparently was way understaffed and struggling.

Overall very good quality/gaps etc.. a few minor things that need to be buffed but not too bad.....

....Until we saw the truck lid. There's a considerable dent that's on visible in certain angles. It's bowed at the top of the trunk lid and at the bottom

Not sure if this happened in transit or while they went back to work on the Charge Port ECU. I've already set up a service appointment for this.

View attachment 810678
View attachment 810679
I pick up in West Palm on Monday and I’m literally more nervous than excited. 20 years of BMWs and I wouldn’t even think to worry. I’m keeping positive that it will be fine and I’m only seeing the “bad” posts

I pick up in West Palm on Monday and I’m literally more nervous than excited. 20 years of BMWs and I wouldn’t even think to worry. I’m keeping positive that it will be fine and I’m only seeing the “bad” posts
I'm not upset, crap happens.

And I'm pretty sure Tesla will make it right. Gotta remember we don't buy these cars expecting insane quality.

Hi All! Brand new here. We just placed our order yesterday for the M3LR, Pearl White, 18" Aero Wheels, Black & White Interior, with FSD. It's giving us an EDD of Oct 26 - Dec 21. We're super stoked! How long did it take people generally to get assigned a person and get a VIN number?

Picked up the M3P today.

View attachment 810678
View attachment 810679
Happy you finally got your car and happy you found the imperfection right away. They should take care of it for you. My turnaround for the two paint issues I had was like 3 days since they had an external body shop working on it.

Hi All! Brand new here. We just placed our order yesterday for the M3LR, Pearl White, 18" Aero Wheels, Black & White Interior, with FSD. It's giving us an EDD of Oct 26 - Dec 21. We're super stoked! How long did it take people generally to get assigned a person and get a VIN number?
About 2 months plus some days for us.. ordered 3/22 vin assigned today 5/30, pick up on 6/2.

Hi AMV_. It may be better to ask in the thread here since the Performance model generally delivers faster than the Long Range.

For anybody thinking of ordering the OEM all-weather liners, I found the floor mats and trunk liners to be great. The frunk liner is a poor fit. Not worth returning-bad, but I wouldn’t recommend.

As so many others have said, the white interior is striking — highly recommended.

Car goes to the detailer tomorrow for paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating, window tint, windshield film, and interior protection. I am glad I had it for a day to install the mud flaps, screen protector, and do a couple other odds and ends. I will post a few more pix when it is all done.

Keep the faith! It will be worth the wait!

Newbie here--first post. Ordered my M3P on May 24 and installed the app, did my 'next steps' and got an estimated delivery date of June 28-August 2, 2022. Four days later, my adviser texted me that the build was scheduled for 6/18, and that delivery would be only a few days later, since it's only an 8-10 hour drive from the Fremont factory where it's being built to here in north county of San Diego (delivery is in Carlsbad). This is much quicker than I expected, from reading about wait times, but he said the Model 3 Performance cars get cranked out fairly quickly compared to others. Does this all sound reasonable to y'all, or is he just trying to make me happy?

It is a great day! Car seems perfect. Build quality every bit the peer of other higher end cars I have had. I am in love!

I typically think car names are stupid, and I typically name them anyway. But this one is definitely going to be called “The Schwartz”. Stay strong everybody!
View attachment 810606
Damn that my color. Sexy as hell. I have kids so i went with black interior though

Reactions: 8rain
Newbie here--first post. Ordered my M3P on May 24 and installed the app, did my 'next steps' and got an estimated delivery date of June 28-August 2, 2022. Four days later, my adviser texted me that the build was scheduled for 6/18, and that delivery would be only a few days later, since it's only an 8-10 hour drive from the Fremont factory where it's being built to here in north county of San Diego (delivery is in Carlsbad). This is much quicker than I expected, from reading about wait times, but he said the Model 3 Performance cars get cranked out fairly quickly compared to others. Does this all sound reasonable to y'all, or is he just trying to make me happy?
General wait time has been about 2 1/2 to 3 months. What your SA is saying is Really fast compared to what we have been seeing. I ordered an M3P on 4-23-2022 and i am in the bay area next to the factory and i haven’t gotten a VIN or delivery date yet. A lot of guys on here ordered in February and march and haven’t gotten cars yet.

Reactions: Fatalis
For anybody thinking of ordering the OEM all-weather liners, I found the floor mats and trunk liners to be great. The frunk liner is a poor fit. Not worth returning-bad, but I wouldn’t recommend.

As so many others have said, the white interior is striking — highly recommended.

Car goes to the detailer tomorrow for paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating, window tint, windshield film, and interior protection. I am glad I had it for a day to install the mud flaps, screen protector, and do a couple other odds and ends. I will post a few more pix when it is all done.

Keep the faith! It will be worth the wait!
Why is there a need for the frunk liner? Isn’t it already plastic inside?

I got the Evannex frunk cooler so I didn’t get the liner.

Why is there a need for the frunk liner? Isn’t it already plastic inside?

I got the Evannex frunk cooler so I didn’t get the liner.

I got one to keep the plastic protected and have a less-slippery surface that is removable and easy to clean. It is satisfactory in that goal, but the fitment on the OEM version is mediocre. About as “necessary” as a cooler I personally think is cool but wouldn’t actually use.

Reactions: Not That M3
Couple day push back:

M3 Performance, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, no FSD (changed from Long Range)
OD: 4/12(Long Range)
1st: EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Long Range) (4/13)
2nd EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Upgraded to Performance on 5/12)
3rd EDD: 5/30-6/13 (4/30)
Text asking about trading in a vehicle (5/20)
4th EDD: (6/5-6/19) (5/22)
5th EDD: (5/30-6/13) (5/26)
6th EDD: (6/3-6/13) (5/31)