Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up in West Palm on Monday and I’m literally more nervous than excited. 20 years of BMWs and I wouldn’t even think to worry. I’m keeping positive that it will be fine and I’m only seeing the “bad” posts
I'm right there with ya....we shouldn't even have to think about quality control fit & finish issues on a brand new upscale car with manufacturing technologies in place these days.

Picked up the M3P today.

1:30 pm pickup time. Showed up at around 1:25 and spent the next 2 hours waiting for the car to be prepped smh. Tampa SC apparently was way understaffed and struggling.

Gave her a once over and by the time it was all over I just wanted to leave.

Overall very good quality/gaps etc.. a few minor things that need to be buffed but not too bad.....

....Until we saw the truck lid. There's a considerable dent that's on visible in certain angles. It's bowed at the top of the trunk lid and at the bottom

Not sure if this happened in transit or while they went back to work on the Charge Port ECU. I've already set up a service appointment for this.

View attachment 810678
View attachment 810679
Hey Young Phenom,
Man....Ive seen and heard of a million and one things with poor build quality on our Tesla's, but this is a new one. From the pictures it looks like the trunk lid was hyper extended upwards buckling the metal. A really good Paintless dent guy might be able to get that out, Id certainly entertain that route first before replacing and repainting.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Hey Young Phenom,
Man....Ive seen and heard of a million and one things with poor build quality on our Tesla's, but this is a new one. From the pictures it looks like the trunk lid was hyper extended upwards buckling the metal. A really good Paintless dent guy might be able to get that out, Id certainly entertain that route first before replacing and repainting.
While I agree, this should not fall on me and Tesla needs to be held to the fire for every ridiculous mess up that makes it through their "quality check"

General wait time has been about 2 1/2 to 3 months. What your SA is saying is Really fast compared to what we have been seeing. I ordered an M3P on 4-23-2022 and i am in the bay area next to the factory and i haven’t gotten a VIN or delivery date yet. A lot of guys on here ordered in February and march and haven’t gotten cars yet.
That 2 1/2 to 3 months lead time was what I expected going into this, and was pleasantly surprised by my initial EDD of June 28-August 2. Then my SA saying that he had visibility of the production schedule and estimating that it would be even sooner made me even more hopeful, though I realize that it takes only a few keystrokes for Tesla to change the schedule and rain on my parade. But I checked my Tesla account again this morning and there was an update revising my Estimated Delivery to June 12 - June 26! I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but this seems to confirm what my SA said. Keeping my fingers crossed! I ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic M3P with no FSD and will pay cash for it. 🤞

That 2 1/2 to 3 months lead time was what I expected going into this, and was pleasantly surprised by my initial EDD of June 28-August 2. Then my SA saying that he had visibility of the production schedule and estimating that it would be even sooner made me even more hopeful, though I realize that it takes only a few keystrokes for Tesla to change the schedule and rain on my parade. But I checked my Tesla account again this morning and there was an update revising my Estimated Delivery to June 12 - June 26! I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but this seems to confirm what my SA said. Keeping my fingers crossed! I ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic M3P with no FSD and will pay cash for it. 🤞
Did you ask your SA about the production schedule or did they inform you about the schedule?

While I agree, this should not fall on me and Tesla needs to be held to the fire for every ridiculous mess up that makes it through their "quality check"
I may be incorrect in my beliefs but I don't believe Tesla has a final quality control check point, and if they do the random hit or miss of some cars being essentially perfect and others a fit & finish disaster simply boils down to certain employees in Fremont not giving a ****

One would think those employees would be traceable by VIN and production numbers/codes to see who exactly let these defective cars out.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Did you ask your SA about the production schedule or did they inform you about the schedule?
I discussed timelines extensively with him on my original test drive visit to the store, as I was hoping to get it in time to do a road trip to Las Vegas for my granddaughter's wedding. An alternative he mentioned to waiting for delivery if the timeline was extended into late July or August was to buy one of his test drive cars that would be replaced at the end of Q1. He had 2 M3Ps that were rotating out, a red one and a white one, and he said he would put my reservation number against either one and convert my purchase order to that one if the new order was delayed extensively (with a very small discount for the miles on the test car). He was fairly certain my order would be delivered in time for my needs, and offered to look into the production schedule 72 hours after my order was made to help me make the decision. He texted me 3 days later and told me the good news of a mid-June build date. I really didn't want either of the colors available, and a low-to-no discount for the demonstrator's mileage wasn't appealing, so I was happy to pass on that alternative. He said the test cars would probably be sold to Carvana or someone like that for MSRP, so discounts on them had been disappearing since the used market went crazy in the pandemic.

Reactions: wonton332
my SA completely bailed on me, he reached out first after I asked some questions on chat, then I placed my order, they have answered a few questions here and there and then all of the sudden after I changed my LR to Performance, he sent me a text asking me if I placed a new order, I replied explaining that I changed to performance and then never replied again.
I originally requested to transfer license plates and I don't want to do that anymore, the app doesn't allow me to do it either, any recommendations on how to approach this? I've been texting the SA daily with no response.