Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im in the same boat. I think the era of cheap money is coming to a close (or at least should be if there's any hope of curbing inflation.) If I hold the cash I can choose to pay the car off at any time. If the economy completely falls apart and we slip into a depression Ill be glad I have the cash. The car will be the least of my concerns.

It is quite strange, like a bait and switch. faulty business model in my opinion. I am not upset and was very polite on the phone, more flys with honey type thing. They have a bunch of people wanting the vehicles as they are the top of the game right now. as soon as other options become readily available I believe their customer base will shrink if this type of practice continues. Heck im not emotionally attached to the car. I will ride it out until the loan lock expires but will most likely pass after that. I can pay cash but with the way things are going id rather have the cash in the bank especially with a low interest rate. who knows what rates will be like in August.
My theory is Tesla won't change this because they see the new guys starting to pop up. I've started to see Lucid's and Rivian's out there on the street. So, it's best to have the earliest delivery times advertised so people are inclined to go with Tesla still and then they lock you in with your order fee and move delivery dates around to get you excited before finally pushing them out later.

My theory is Tesla won't change this because they see the new guys starting to pop up. I've started to see Lucid's and Rivian's out there on the street. So, it's best to have the earliest delivery times advertised so people are inclined to go with Tesla still and then they lock you in with your order fee and move delivery dates around to get you excited before finally pushing them out later.

Eh? Those guys are hardly pushing out any volume right now. Someone who wants a Tesla now, is not cross-shopping those two.

Reactions: RevToRed
I agree its unethical, but only if its intentional. I'm not giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt here, but my guess is the team putting EDD dates on the website aren't in daily meetings with the production management. They just aren't as organized as they should be for a company of that size. And if it was malicious, theyd wiggle out of it by demonstrating that they did indeed deliver cars to someone within the shown timeframe from order. As long as its "possible" its probably not actionable at least legally speaking.
They Also make it a point to indicate Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability which could cover a wide variety of things one isn’t able to nail down. It’s evident orders are not delivered on order date placed, DD are like the wind you do not know if it’s coming or going. Customers are basically at their mercy. It appears they are filling orders on geographical locations so they maximize utilization of trailer space. If this was not the case those living closest to the factory would have vehicles cause clearly every conceivable color choice has been shipped and received by someone on this site much farther away then Fremont CA.

Reactions: simpledavid
They Also make it a point to indicate Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability which could cover a wide variety of things one isn’t able to nail down. It’s evident orders are not delivered on order date placed, DD are like the wind you do not know if it’s coming or going. Customers are basically at their mercy. It appears they are filling orders on geographical locations so they maximize utilization of trailer space. If this was not the case those living closest to the factory would have vehicles cause clearly every conceivable color choice has been shipped and received by someone on this site much farther away then Fremont CA.
They are also providing a time frame, not a set month, there are so many variables in the supply chain process and logistics, smallest thing could delay or accelerate production.
I try to keep up with this thread to have a pulse on people with similar timelines as me, but some of this comments... lol

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
Anyone have suspension details on the new 22 M3P?

Tesla website no longer states "lowered suspension" and the animation has been changed to show a higher ride hight.

Will this decrease performance?

I think this is a myth. There have been people who measured their cars and it's the same. The perceived wheel gap is due to the Pirellis being not as thick as the Michelins. This was discussed in the latest TMC Podcast as well.

They are also providing a time frame, not a set month, there are so many variables in the supply chain process and logistics, smallest thing could delay or accelerate production.
I try to keep up with this thread to have a pulse on people with similar timelines as me, but some of this comments... lol
partially true. I was given a range of 6/6-7/11 order date 4/14 m3LR switched to M3p on 5/5 white/black cash option got a DD 5/28-6/11 locked in finance on 5/19 a couple days later new DD 6/8 to 7/6 they I got a new window of 6/12 to 6/26 until this morning it changed to a range of July 6 to August 10. this doesnt make any sense. I am not arguing, just hard to understand how their process works. giving 2 separate 2 week windows is pretty strange.

partially true. I was given a range of 6/6-7/11 order date 4/14 m3LR switched to M3p on 5/5 white/black cash option got a DD 5/28-6/11 locked in finance on 5/19 a couple days later new DD 6/8 to 7/6 they I got a new window of 6/12 to 6/26 until this morning it changed to a range of July 6 to August 10. this doesnt make any sense. I am not arguing, just hard to understand how their process works. giving 2 separate 2 week windows is pretty strange.
I am not stating that pushing out dates is ok, or enjoyable, but at the end of the day when you buy and reserve the car, you have a very broad "estimated delivery date", month x to month y, so all I'm saying is that I don't think they are tricking or being "unethical". I am sure the last thing that they want is to have customers texting the service center asking why they don't have a VIN.

I am not stating that pushing out dates is ok, or enjoyable, but at the end of the day when you buy and reserve the car, you have a very broad "estimated delivery date", month x to month y, so all I'm saying is that I don't think they are tricking or being "unethical". I am sure the last thing that they want is to have customers texting the service center asking why they don't have a VIN.
My original point was because they’re still advertising June on the site when we’re halfway through the month and clearly anyone who orders right now will not get their car in June.

Reactions: Flatbroke
There is no Rhyme or reason to any of this. I was given a 3 Day window of the 15th-18th then on June 6th it changed from that 3 Day window to a week long window that was 6/7- 6/13 on 6/8 it jumped back to me scheduling my car for delivery which was back to my 3 Day window. It's delivery date is set for this Wednesday