Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I worry about them driving it to my home instead of delivering it on a truck... Would really prefer to handle the "delivery" myself. Plus I've heard they don't give you very much time to inspect the car when it's delivered as opposed to picking it up. Oh well, either way I'm getting my car lol. Tesla is useless though when calling. Nobody seems to know where my car is right now.
I read the same thing. They usually have a Uber pull in right as they get out and then rush you through the process. Hopefully the car is in good enough shape that it won't matter.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
It is a crazy system. Friend got hit by another driver. He had to book the repair online with service center. Can’t talk to anyone. Its like a snake with no head or tail.
I just called and spoke to someone who said my car is still at the Fremont factory and scheduled there for pickup on the 16th, but in the app, it shows it's being delivered to my home that day lol. He said it probably didn't update on my end yet, but it is in their system as pickup and not delivery. LOL

He's going to call me back and let me know if I can go get the car today or tomorrow instead. I told him I really would prefer that. I'm slightly worried if they can't accommodate me today or tomorrow that they might actually try to deliver it to me when I am on my way to the factory since it says that in my app lol. Ugh.

I just called and spoke to someone who said my car is still at the Fremont factory and scheduled there for pickup on the 16th, but in the app, it shows it's being delivered to my home that day lol. He said it probably didn't update on my end yet, but it is in their system as pickup and not delivery. LOL

He's going to call me back and let me know if I can go get the car today or tomorrow instead. I told him I really would prefer that. I'm slightly worried if they can't accommodate me today or tomorrow that they might actually try to deliver it to me when I am on my way to the factory since it says that in my app lol. Ugh.
I concur with your assessment of the situation and agree follow up is definitely needed. Looking forward to the photos heck that’s day 3 of the 3 day Window.

Any idea if those will eat through the clear coat too?
I haven't heard anything about that, I believe they install the same way the Tesla ones do.
They don’t. The Tesla flaps are front only and don’t contact the paint. They can be installed in short or long configuration. kinda strange they don’t offer a rear mud flap, but I guess the fronts do the most work to keep the side of the car cleaner/protected.

Reactions: t-rex266
Late March order. Received early last week.
PPF Stealth install completed
Huper Optik ceramic tint completed.
Fun first weekend drive completed.
Homelink module install completed.

7955B8ED-3B52-466B-92D4-16B001CAC12C.jpeg

I’m assuming mine is a “rehab” or “rejection “ as my VIN is 277XXX. Delivery on June 24th. It’s being shipped from Fremont so ???? Who knows? I’ll be sure to check it over thoroughly to say the least.
Mine is 278XXX and about the same delivery window. The VINs are not issued sequentially, highly doubt you have a rejected car.

I’m assuming mine is a “rehab” or “rejection “ as my VIN is 277XXX. Delivery on June 24th. It’s being shipped from Fremont so ???? Who knows? I’ll be sure to check it over thoroughly to say the least.
Could be financing fell through for someone who ordered earlier and that’s why you got an “old” vin. But likely they’ve cycled through so many VIN’s that 277xxx could’ve been from last weeks builds 🤷‍♂️