Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Idk. I am close to the factory, ordered mid April. And got pushed out to August. Then they guy in Texas orders 6/1 and gets a vin 13 days later. Makes no sense
For what its worth I ordered black with white interior. Not sure if they makes a difference. I bet they are delivering cars to people who live further from the factory. Regardless I hope you get a vin soon

Reactions: Flatbroke
Is the train just for those side of the states (if you know)

I'm not sure. I found a post from someone in the Charlotte area and he explained how his was transported. Then someone from Alabama chimed in to say he lives near the depot and sees the hundreds of cars sitting out there all and leaving on trucks all the time.

I can't find the Charlotte guy's thread but here's another.

How Tesla ships by rail to East coast

Reactions: t-rex266
Well it's simple. Right now the VINs are at the 290s. I got a 264 one during the 280s-290s range and the build month was in May. And I only switched my order in June. Either Fremont had a left over M3P waiting for someone else to take it or the SA lied and it was simply at the dealer abandoned by the other owner for whatever their reason is.
There are multiple production lines, each may be working off a different VIN range. It’s possible one production line is shut down for some issue, or it’s also possible a car is nearly finished but fails a QC check and goes back in for rework. In that case, it could be a good sign - maybe they caught a paint issue and fixed it for example. There are just so many supply issues and tons of other unknowns which could cause this, it seems like quite a stretch to assume your car was rejected by a previous customer based solely on the VIN number and production date.

I think it’s easy to forget that the data you see in this thread represents like 0.01% of the outstanding orders. They are making what 300K+ cars/quarter, and there are maybe like 50 people active in this thread?

Reactions: julit0 and RevToRed
Anybody else getting pressured to schedule an appointment even if we dont know if we can make it?

Yesterday I got the text saying schedule delivery. My EDD went from August - September to schedule delivery for next week. I am frantically attempting to sell my current car so I can get my new one. However, they keep texting me saying you must schedule or we will give up your car.

What is the downside if I schedule and then cannot take delivery?

Anybody else getting pressured to schedule an appointment even if we dont know if we can make it?

Yesterday I got the text saying schedule delivery. My EDD went from August - September to schedule delivery for next week. I am frantically attempting to sell my current car so I can get my new one. However, they keep texting me saying you must schedule or we will give up your car.

I suppose they could put you back in line and sell it to someone else. Im assuming you've gotten a trade in quote from Tesla? Looked at the corporate used car buyers (Carvana, Carmax, etc)?

They will give it to someone else. Just use carmax they will buy it immediately or vroom for your used car sale

They will give it to someone else. Just use carmax they will buy it immediately or vroom for your used car sale
I suppose they could put you back in line and sell it to someone else. Im assuming you've gotten a trade in quote from Tesla? Looked at the corporate used car buyers (Carvana, Carmax, etc)?
I tried Carvana, Vroom, and Shift. All were extremely low ($25k) for a car worth far more. I have an appointment today with a couple local places that are offering $40k to $43k and will then schedule the delivery of the new car.

Still waiting for Tesla's offer, but I assume it will be low as well. Fingers crossed its $40k and then its a super easy deal.