Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some gripes I have so far with Tesla:

- No ability to play videos from USB on the screen (except for dashcam videos) - only audio files. Just dumb. I'd like to be able to watch my own movies on USB rather than always streaming via the built-in apps.
- Speaking of built-in apps, it's disappointing you cannot install/uninstall certain apps, and that there aren't more options. They have Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and YouTube, but no HBO Max. As for audio streaming, they only have Spotify and Tidal. I'd really like to have Plex or VLC Video Player, but who knows if they'll ever offer any of those. I'd also really like to have Waze, that's been my preferred navi app. The Tesla navigation app is annoying because it offers little customization of how the map appears to you.
- No CarPlay is such a bummer. I don't know why they don't offer CarPlay or AndroidAuto except for maybe some competitive thing between Tesla and Apple and Google.
- Live video feed in the app when Sentry Mode is on just doesn't work. It didn't work with the last Tesla I briefly had, and it doesn't work with this brand new one either. It just errors out.
- I wish there was a front camera on the front bumper so you could see how close you are when parking. Yeah, it tells you the distance you are because of the sensors but it would be much better if I could see it on a camera too.
- I wish there was an unlock/lock button.
- The white interior is beautiful but any sort of lint or whatever stands out big time and you'll find yourself constantly cleaning it. It's expected with having a white interior, but nevertheless.

That's not to say I don't love my car, I absolutely do. Tesla's software and features are far and away better than anything else I've seen from other manufacturers, but it still leaves you wanting more (in my opinion).
I don’t understand Tesla’s reluctance to add carplay. It works no need to reinvent the wheel here Elon

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
I did the same , they were trying to do a home delivery and I wasn’t about it haha. So now it’s a delivery center pickup
Marina Del Rey tomorrow morning!

They called me today and I have an "assigned" SA by name to my order/VIN now. He said the car was ready if I wanted, I could come in today and pickup...but, alas...that think called work, which I need to do to pay for said vehicle. He then offered to deliver it to me. I was nice and said no. Told him I wanted the "Full Tesla Experience". They also confirmed how I'm going to pay (Promissory Note + ACH transaction) so I should be good.

I was going over the DMV forms when I noticed our Townhouse # was left off the street address and got worried. We added that today and it updated on my DMV forms within an hour. So I would say - go over those other forms now to make sure they're perfect. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten plates or anything from DMV. 😥

Got vin yesterday, finished all items to do, made appointment for Saturday then they called me said car was there already so picking up today. Hopefully all goes well! Ordered a LR for my wife, both of us spending about $1000 month in gas. Have solar at home, usually have $1000 credit at end of year so should be free most the year to charge. We went with schools first FCU 2.74% not bad. Her LR says August-September so will be lurking in that forum. SA said he thinks we will get it sooner, he was spot on for the M3P he said 18th June.

Smartfilm. Power/McKellips in Mesa. Dropping off at 10am with a pickup at 5pm. Im assuming they will have more than one guy working on the car.

$1500 for the full front PPF which includes the door edges as well. Theyre removing the front badge (chrome, yuck). Xpel Film.
$540 for the highest grade ceramic tint plus some additional for the windshield and pano roof. Xpel XR-P film.
-$50 for doing both at the same time.
Also installing the screen protector I bought for me.

Total is $2510. Several of the guys own Model 3's and are familiar with the cars.
Wow that's an amazing price!! I decided to do a full ceramic on the car along with full ceramic tint on all glasses and full front ppf as well. I decided to go for best of the best in AZ and the price definitely reflects it lol.