Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And yet in the shop page for the Mobile Connector it does not show or mention the J1772 adapter. I asked my SA about this discrepancy since my order came after the cutoff for free Mobile Connectors and I had to pay $200 for one, and he said they no longer came with the kit, so I ordered one separately. Ben ordered before the cutoff, so perhaps he got one of the old kits w/ J1772 adapter? Or my SA is wrong, or Tesla has changed the program, who knows? I assumed my car would not come with a mobile connector kit and it would be sent in August when stock is replenished, but maybe they kept enough stock aside for new car deliveries? I'll find out on Monday (I hope). Since I had a Level 2 charger installed in my garage in 2011 when we bought our Nissan Leaf, all I really need to charge the Tesla is the J1772 adapter, and I have that in hand already from the Tesla shop.
The J1772 is not part of the Mobile Connect. It should be stand alone and should've been part of the car. If not, I would push your SA and tell them if your car didn't come with this adapter. It may be too late since you took delivery a couple days ago.
I wonder if that is a nema 14-50 plug in that kit or a 120v. Someone told me that are only shipping 120v now in the kits.
During my Initial order, my SA at the Store put me in for a Mobile Connector w/ both 5-15 and 14-50 adapters. I don't know why, but the store has a pull down for just the 5-15 or the 5-15+14-50 - for the same price. Which is also odd.
Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.05.21.png

The J1772 is not part of the Mobile Connect. It should be stand alone and should've been part of the car. If not, I would push your SA and tell them if your car didn't come with this adapter. It may be too late since you took delivery a couple days ago.
I haven't taken delivery yet, it's scheduled for Monday. Have you gotten your car yet? It says in your sig file you're getting it today. What came with it?

So I ordered my car almost a month ago and my EDD has been pushed back. Here are my order details:
  • M3P, white exterior/interior
  • OD: 5/26
  • EDD (initial): 7/16 - 8/20
  • EDD (updated): 8/11 - 9/22
I noticed a lot if folks here ordered their car well after me and have already received their VINs. Does this have to do with my location, config, or both? Looking forward to getting my Model 3 as I'm sure everyone else on this thread is too. Would be nice to hear from other folks from the SF Bay Area that ordered a similar config as me.

So I ordered my car almost a month ago and my EDD has been pushed back. Here are my order details:
I noticed a lot if folks here ordered their car well after me and have already received their VINs. Does this have to do with my location, config, or both? Looking forward to getting my Model 3 as I'm sure everyone else on this thread is too. Would be nice to hear from other folks from the SF Bay Area that ordered a similar config as me.
I called the Tesla center yesterday and they gave a generic response of it being dependent on the configuration and the order date. I also inquired about the "June" or "Delay" text that some people are getting and the rep told me it's for people who have an EDD June - July.

Details in my sig but I am also in the Bay and picking up in Sunnyvale. My current EDD of 6/16 - 6/26 is still holding steady and haven't received any further communication aside from a phone call asking about a trade-in a few days ago. Fingers crossed. Where will you be picking up? Or home delivery?

Reactions: MeatyDiaper
And yet in the shop page for the Mobile Connector it does not show or mention the J1772 adapter. I asked my SA about this discrepancy since my order came after the cutoff for free Mobile Connectors and I had to pay $200 for one, and he said they no longer came with the kit, so I ordered one separately. Ben ordered before the cutoff, so perhaps he got one of the old kits w/ J1772 adapter? Or my SA is wrong, or Tesla has changed the program, who knows? I assumed my car would not come with a mobile connector kit and it would be sent in August when stock is replenished, but maybe they kept enough stock aside for new car deliveries? I'll find out on Monday (I hope). Since I had a Level 2 charger installed in my garage in 2011 when we bought our Nissan Leaf, all I really need to charge the Tesla is the J1772 adapter, and I have that in hand already from the Tesla shop.
You have 30 days to return it for free if not opened. If opened it’s a 15 percent restock fee. I just returned a bunch yesterday. I kept the nema 6-50 and wall mount just in case though.

Details in my sig but I am also in the Bay and picking up in Sunnyvale. My current EDD of 6/16 - 6/26 is still holding steady and haven't received any further communication aside from a phone call asking about a trade-in a few days ago. Fingers crossed. Where will you be picking up? Or home delivery?
Nice! Seems like your order EDD got pushed back as soon as you switched your config. Have you received no confirmation of your VIN yet? I think mine is home delivery but I don't remember receiving an option to pick it up?

Nice! Seems like your order EDD got pushed back as soon as you switched your config. Have you received no confirmation of your VIN yet? I think mine is home delivery but I don't remember receiving an option to pick it up?
They didn’t give me a option for pickup at the Delivery Center so I emailed them and then switched it for me