Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Flatbroke remember when elon asked you....
View attachment 819120

I think you should have said, yes. I am sure it was a part of my vetting process to see if I was worthy of an M3P.

Have you called Tesla? YOU are well beyond everyone else in not getting your VIN by now. I feel for you seeing all of these people getting their rides and you are still sitting on the bench warming it up.
#teamflatbroke
thanks. There really isn’t anyone to contact at Tesla. The SA are not provided any information or they are not allowed to disclose it if they are. But as for contacting whomever deals out the car allocation it was probably easier to clone sheep or something. I haven’t figured out either.

Reactions: julit0
So i got an estimate to install my tesla wall charger. 1700 bucks to install?? Seems pretty damn high. I just put solar on the house so they would be going from one exterior panel with conduit about 30 feet to the front corner of my house and mounting. What has everyone else paid? Is this the norm?
Sounds just a tad high, I had about a 20ft run and it was 1200. In my new home I just had a 14-50 installed instead of the HPWC and told the company I was installing a Air compressor. 10ft run 300 bucks. Tesla Tax is real.

I was quoted $600 but my install is much simpler (about 15 feet from panel in the garage, no drywall repair needed - conduit is ok). And of course I’m sure labor rates here are much lowered than where you are.

FWIW there was another thread where a guy was putting in one himself. Just buying the 6awg wire, junction boxes etc was like $600+, so the cost of materials is surprisingly high.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
So i got an estimate to install my tesla wall charger. 1700 bucks to install?? Seems pretty damn high. I just put solar on the house so they would be going from one exterior panel with conduit about 30 feet to the front corner of my house and mounting. What has everyone else paid? Is this the norm?
I paid $900 to go about 20 feet to panel I had installed during a kitchen remodel. I mention that because the panel was positioned to be ready for the Tesla. 1700 seems a little high, but not by much.

I paid $1500 to run mine. A pretty long run and quite a bit of work to cut drywall and run in the plenum space between the first floor ceiling and second floor subfloor. But of that cost, a little more than half was just the wire. I think 6AWG 3 conductor wire is selling for around $6/ft here. Also, we ran a second circuit for garage AC so thats probably 25% of the cost.

Reactions: julit0
I paid $600 for the install. Charger is about 5 feet from the circuit breaker panel in the garage.

Greetings All,

I've been hanging out in the shadows for the past couple of weeks, mainly to cut down on the compulsive app refresh. Reading the messages here has definitely made me feel like I am not the only passenger on the emotional roller coaster that is the Tesla delivery process.

Specs: M3P Blue/Black, No FSD, Virginia

OD: 5/27 (motivated by an obscene service bill on my 3-series BMW)
Web EDD: Jun - Aug
1st EDD: Mid July - Mid August (can't recall dates exactly)
2nd EDD: 6/24 - 7/8 (feeling good)
Current EDD: 7/30 - 9/3 (feeling bad; suspicious that it changed an hour after I accepted my trade-in)

#Vin-lessInVirginia
#JusticeForFlatbroke

I've been lurking since I ordered, but glad to finally report in! So excited to get my VIN last night 296,7xx!

Spec: M3P Red/White No FSD, upstate NY/Mt Kisco pickup

OD: 6/9
Web EDD: Jun - Aug
1st EDD: 9/17 - 10/15
2nd EDD: 6/25 - 7/7
3rd EDD: 7/22 - 8/26
Current: 7/4 - 7/8
Well that was a fast update! Just got the text to schedule delivery for 6/26!

Mine was about $1500 with licensed electrician in Los Angeles Area. Found them through the Tesla Website as one of their recommended installers. Seemed consistent with what some of my friends got here, too. I know the minute you tell the electricians it's for a Tesla, the costs may be a little high.

We are renting our townhouse, so I had to go full up legit install vs getting a "friend of a friend" type install. And I paid for it out of pocket vice the landlord paying...but I think the investment for home charging will be worth it in the long run.

To install a 14-50 I was quote $1500, $500, and $1100. The two higher quotes informed me that the $500 quote would be dangerous and not pass inspection. I went with the $1100 quote.

My price was high because the breaker box in my garage didn't have space for another 50 amps. So they had to do a duplicate-electricianwordstuff in the outside breaker box and run the wire through the crawl space and into the garage. My 14-50 is literally touching the breaker box in my garage--just bad luck that it couldn't handle another 50 amps.

So it all depends. Your cost will be higher than a 14-50 install because the Tesla connector has to be hardwired.

To install a 14-50 I was quote $1500, $500, and $1100. The two higher quotes informed me that the $500 quote would be dangerous and not pass inspection. I went with the $1100 quote.

My price was high because the breaker box in my garage didn't have space for another 50 amps. So they had to do a duplicate-electricianwordstuff in the outside breaker box and run the wire through the crawl space and into the garage. My 14-50 is literally touching the breaker box in my garage--just bad luck that it couldn't handle another 50 amps.

So it all depends. Your cost will be higher than a 14-50 install because the Tesla connector has to be hardwired.
I paid 529 after haggling with the electrician. They wanted 1400 to install a 14-50. Told them that’s crazy and I would only do it if they were around the prices I’m hearing installs are costing. Maybe 20-30 minutes worth of work. Take panel off run wire and install 14-50 box and breaker. Material is prolly 50-100 bucks so even 400 dollars in labor is a lot to me but what do I know.

Not only that but now I have to find the 14-50 adapter thing. Hopefully they come in stock soon

I have this in my house currently. I’m wanting to install my Wall Charger But not sure what I need.

Would I be able to use this breaker box to do like a 1 foot run for my install?

I’m 100% lost and not sure what I need.

Attachments

• 5DDF05AF-8973-4084-9B5E-5E36B13F4DBA.jpeg
    5DDF05AF-8973-4084-9B5E-5E36B13F4DBA.jpeg
    495 KB · Views: 66
  • A5A3E503-BE3C-49C5-BFF2-3FABBFBD138F.jpeg
    A5A3E503-BE3C-49C5-BFF2-3FABBFBD138F.jpeg
    529.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 27B47DF3-95E6-4C28-840D-D9BEEBE76594.jpeg
    27B47DF3-95E6-4C28-840D-D9BEEBE76594.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 46
I have this in my house currently. I’m wanting to install my Wall Charger But not sure what I need.

Would I be able to use this breaker box to do like a 1 foot run for my install?

I’m 100% lost and not sure what I need.

Go on Google and search for electricians near you. Google has made requesting quotes super easy. As you scroll through the nearby electricians you'll notice some of them have a clipboard under the company name with the text "quote" written next to it. Click on that and tell them exactly what you need done. Some of them will have you send a picture of your setup. Some will send someone out to see for themselves. It's all quick and painless and should give you a good field of electricians and their $ rate to choose from.