Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I have an order placed for a M3P but was not ready to immediately take delivery, just wanted to lock in the price. I had asked if I could place it on hold but was told a VIN needs to be assigned before a hold can be placed, does this sound correct? I had an initial EDD of 7/31-9/4 but held off on filling out the registration info and it kept messaging me and now my EDD launched to 11/9-1/4 😂 Should I be worried about them cancelling if I keep holding off on filling out info? It’s only been about a week since I placed a reservation. Thanks a lot.
I did exactly this. I didnt fill anything out and left it blank hoping it would delay my delivery as much as possible. I got a VIN 60 days after order, and I called and put it on hold. They would only let me put it on hold 90 days total from order date.

As soon as it came off hold, I was assigned a vin and told to accept delivery or my order would be cancelled. I ended up taking delivery earlier than I wanted due to the price increases pushed it out of my comfort zone.

Reactions: HarpoonS
So I finally picked up the M3P yesterday. It’s such a strange experience since there’s barely employees to assist if you had questions or concerns. I didn’t find any issues with the car, which was nice.

Currently got tinting scheduled, in process of scheduling installation of coilovers, will install PPF over weekend with my buddy, and placed an order for wheels.

Had not heard of this. can you give a link. I am interested in doing the same. just gonna wait for a vin first LOL
These guys

Attachments

• 682A7D87-6D55-444F-BFCD-53FE413341A7.jpeg
    682A7D87-6D55-444F-BFCD-53FE413341A7.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Flatbroke
My first post as well but we are in the same boat. I ordered a Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch basically fully loaded out in Oct 2021. Delivery was scheduled Jan 2022, then March 2022, then May 2022, now we are at August 2022. I have a VIN now finally but in the meantime I’ve moved to CA and my gas bill has gone up astronomically. So I decided I will cancel and I ordered a M3P yesterday.

Ordered 6/21 with delivery June-Aug 2022. Now, less than 24 hours later, pushed back to Sep 10-Oct 22, 2022. Frustrated they pushed out of the window they had when I purchased, but I hope they move it back forward. Hoping I don’t find myself in the same situation I’m in on the Bronco nearly waiting a year!
My exact order: Bronco Badlands | Sasquatch | Lux | Marine Grade Vinyl | Tow | MIC top | Carbonized Grey

I did exactly this. I didnt fill anything out and left it blank hoping it would delay my delivery as much as possible. I got a VIN 60 days after order, and I called and put it on hold. They would only let me put it on hold 90 days total from order date.

As soon as it came off hold, I was assigned a vin and told to accept delivery or my order would be cancelled. I ended up taking delivery earlier than I wanted due to the price increases pushed it out of my comfort zone.
Interesting! I’m not sure why they even put my EDD towards Q4 when Q3 hasn’t even begun😂 Funny company, I’m sure if I fill everything out it’ll just come in September since that’s usually how they deliver in California, I’ve never gotten this many automated texts to fill things out though. I mainly reserved because there’s no chance the M3P price is staying where it is, 100% certain it’ll jump to 64,990 or 65,990.

Reactions: Park2670
Interesting! I’m not sure why they even put my EDD towards Q4 when Q3 hasn’t even begun😂 Funny company, I’m sure if I fill everything out it’ll just come in September since that’s usually how they deliver in California, I’ve never gotten this many automated texts to fill things out though. I mainly reserved because there’s no chance the M3P price is staying where it is, 100% certain it’ll jump to 64,990 or 65,990.
So this is where my confusion sets in. Back when long ranges had 3ish month waiting period, they would always say you'll get it at the end of the quarter because that's when deliveries hit but then they say that the performance models deliver quicker (4-6 weeks to a vin) but if you'll only get delivery at the same time point in a quarter, how is it any faster unless you order at the beginning/middle of quarter?

Update:
1. The rattle from the front passengers side was from the fender liner. This is a fairly well known issue and took me about 2 minutes to fix with some automotive weather stripping. Lots of posts about this but I can go into detail if someone wants me to. This is so minor it should have been solved long ago with revised fender liners or attachment points for additional clips. C'mon Tesla.

2. The other day I had the drivers side airbag light come on. It happened when I got into the car and put it in drive almost immediately while the car was still in its systems check / diagnostic phase. Got out, locked it, and got back in and light is gone. Popped up again this morning. Went away after the exact same routine. No error messages at all. I scheduled a ranger appointment for next week and also called the service line. They confirmed the car has no error logs. Reading on reddit has shown this appears to be very common issue in the past few weeks and maybe specifically with the P model. Others have reported they've been told its a firmware bug. I installed new software last night and no change. This has happened a total of 3 times. Actual function of the airbags doesn't seem to be affected. Ill post back after the ranger visit. This issue goes back a few years but those cases all involved actual error messages. Usually attributed to loose connectors under the seats. The car has three sensors in the seat tied to the SRS system: two capacitive sensors used for weight measurement (to determine airbag force required) as well as a simpler occupancy sensor. If a wire is kinked or electrical noise is present this can cause a similar warning indicator but again, its usually accompanied by error messages. The seatbelt retraction mechanism also has a sensor in it that has been known to be linked. At this point I don't believe it to be mechanical given the sudden uptick in reported cases and multiple individuals being told its firmware related, myself included.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
Update:
1. The rattle from the front passengers side was from the fender liner. This is a fairly well known issue and took me about 2 minutes to fix with some automotive weather stripping. Lots of posts about this but I can go into detail if someone wants me to. This is so minor it should have been solved long ago with revised fender liners or attachment points for additional clips. C'mon Tesla.

2. The other day I had the drivers side airbag light come on. It happened when I got into the car and put it in drive almost immediately while the car was still in its systems check / diagnostic phase. Got out, locked it, and got back in and light is gone. Popped up again this morning. Went away after the exact same routine. No error messages at all. I scheduled a ranger appointment for next week and also called the service line. They confirmed the car has no error logs. Reading on reddit has shown this appears to be very common issue in the past few weeks and maybe specifically with the P model. Others have reported they've been told its a firmware bug. I installed new software last night and no change. This has happened a total of 3 times. Actual function of the airbags doesn't seem to be affected. Ill post back after the ranger visit. This issue goes back a few years but those cases all involved actual error messages. Usually attributed to loose connectors under the seats. The car has three sensors in the seat tied to the SRS system: two capacitive sensors used for weight measurement (to determine airbag force required) as well as a simpler occupancy sensor. If a wire is kinked or electrical noise is present this can cause a similar warning indicator but again, its usually accompanied by error messages. The seatbelt retraction mechanism also has a sensor in it that has been known to be linked. At this point I don't believe it to be mechanical given the sudden uptick in reported cases and multiple individuals being told its firmware related, myself included.

Time will tell.
Funny. The airbag light popped up on mine too. Exited the vehicle, and when I returned it was gone. I too, set a mobile visit for next week. Everything I could find said it was a firmware update bug.