Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully it's just the forum effect, but are the M3Ps being delivered with more QC issues than the LRs or SRs? Going to ask the question that has been beating this dead horse to a pulp, but for the most expensive version of this car.....you'd think.....yet we keep buying them.
I have rejected two M3P's at delivery in the last 2 months, I'm very depressed and about given up. What's coming out of the Tesla Fremont CA factory is atrocious garbage 90% of the time.

Here are just a few pictures of the last one I rejected....
70EBBF96-D83D-43F1-B2E8-6DFAC74EF1F4.jpeg
A30CBA05-D1A0-47CF-8521-AE71BD831CAA.jpeg
3AB4A3CC-A3D8-4285-84C0-276268D9DFA3.jpeg
B50B3E64-E7FF-4C54-9764-83D495294A6B.jpeg
5079E166-6109-4C44-9958-665594876C1F.jpeg
A96004DE-C4F2-4D21-BAC2-1960480528E7.jpeg

When my M3P comes in I plan on wrapping in full xpel stealth ppf which would give it a matte look. Do you guys think it would look good with the badging blacked out or just removed the badges all together? Kinda torn on which I want to do. Midnightsilver metallic the initial color.

Oh wow. Thats pretty bad
It was horrendous. The factory literally delivered this car with stickers pointing to the defects and measurement numbers written on the glass roof in various places. This M3P need the entire glass roof replaced, the right front fender repaired and repainted, the drivers side passenger door repaired, the frunk either readjusted or replaced, the B pillar glass adjusted or replaced, and the front bumper reinstalled and probably repainted. I'd say $18-20K in parts and labor if this wasn't a warranty repair. Obviously I rejected this POS. This is the second 2022 M3P I rejected.

When my M3P comes in I plan on wrapping in full xpel stealth ppf which would give it a matte look. Do you guys think it would look good with the badging blacked out or just removed the badges all together? Kinda torn on which I want to do. Midnightsilver metallic the initial color.
My vote would be matte black badges, but remove the dual motor badge.

It was horrendous. The factory literally delivered this car with stickers pointing to the defects and measurement numbers written on the glass roof in various places. This M3P need the entire glass roof replaced, the right front fender repaired and repainted, the drivers side passenger door repaired, the frunk either readjusted or replaced, the B pillar glass adjusted or replaced, and the front bumper reinstalled and probably repainted. I'd say $18-20K in parts and labor if this wasn't a warranty repair. Obviously I rejected this POS. This is the second 2022 M3P I rejected.
You think this was a rejected car? Why would the factory go though the trouble of finding these things, marking them and even measuring things just to ship it to a customer?

I wonder if your rejected first order could have put you at the top of the list for a new VIN, so as soon as someone rejected this one it was assigned to you?

I got a full wrap, so in that process - they will (or should) remove all the badges, the CF Spoiler and even the blind spot cameras by your front wheels. You’ll have a chance to see it w/out badges. They reattach the spoiler and cameras. I had custom badges coming in and they actually delivered the day I got the car back from the tint/wrap shop - but the shop “accidentally” badged my car with black ones. With the tint and black trim on these new models…it looks damn good!

I’ve thought about that too, trying to find one that looks OEM enough
Check AliExpress before buying from RPMTesla. I've found that RPMTesla sells the exact same parts that are on AliExpress, except RPMTesla marks the prices up 30-50%.

I ordered this wheel from Hansshow about a week ago. I got it with white stitching/center ring. I considered a yoke, but my wife...

Screenshot_20220627-063259.png

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Just went and did a pre-delivery inspection. I didn't notice anything that will stop me from accepting delivery this afternoon. The doors were unlocked so I got to inspect the interior as well.

The one thing I'm definitely mentioning to them is a large gap in one of the taillights.

Something I EXPECT to be cleaned away when I pick it up in a few hours is the MSM paint all over the dash and back seats. Seriously, how does a car leave the factory with paint covering the dashboard and seats? Somebody working at the Tesla factory doesn't GAF.

View attachment 820884
OK I took my delivery on Saturday 12 PM as scheduled. It was an uneventful process. Car did not have any major issues. Did not notice any major gap issue or maybe I was not able to find, see the last 2 photos of the gaps between the bumper and right and left fenders, I felt the gap on the left side a bit more than on the right. But really did not bother me, at this stage I do not want to reject the car for such an issue as long as it does not affect the functionality, stability and looks of the car. If an issue does not bother me I will leave at it. Paint had no issues at all. Even the interior was clean, did not notice any. At one point I was trying to find any issue, above that it will be nitpicking.
Though, I had one issue, the attitude of the sales lady delivering my car. Her attitude was like take it or leave it. I just wanted to discuss with her the small gap issue I found, though it did not bother me, her words were "Sales people do not fix cars". Book a service appointment. Just gave me 30 minutes for the whole process and was in a hurry. Never made me feel valued customer. I feel Tesla needs a serious competition, to change their after sales and service handling. But for now they have built an excellent car and technology.
Do not get these small irks to lose interest, because driving this car is total new experience. I did not hear or feel any sounds or rattle while driving home. It was smooth and perfect. Oh! and the instant torque and handling, makes all the waits and issues you had like a bad dream, because it is really a dream to drive this car.
Folks who are waiting, I will tell you, the wait will be worth it.
By the way, I felt my car windows had tint, cant believe Tesla will give me a free tint, maybe I am mistaken and cant figure out, you guys take a look at the pictures and see if it has. This car is new to me, so I cant figure it out.
If it has some kinda window tint, I will do the PPF only front half.

Attachments

• F2191879-D6C4-4EA1-8A8D-4FF11D590C26.jpeg
    F2191879-D6C4-4EA1-8A8D-4FF11D590C26.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6149.jpeg
    IMG_6149.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6148.jpeg
    IMG_6148.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6147.jpeg
    IMG_6147.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6146.jpeg
    IMG_6146.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6145.jpeg
    IMG_6145.jpeg
    708.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 6F20D89E-BB02-4423-8DAC-A96060D6F126.jpeg
    6F20D89E-BB02-4423-8DAC-A96060D6F126.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 67
OK I took my delivery on Saturday 12 PM as scheduled. It was an uneventful process. Car did not have any major issues. Did not notice any major gap issue or maybe I was not able to find, see the last 2 photos of the gaps between the bumper and right and left fenders, I felt the gap on the left side a bit more than on the right. But really did not bother me, at this stage I do not want to reject the car for such an issue as long as it does not affect the functionality, stability and looks of the car. If an issue does not bother me I will leave at it. Paint had no issues at all. Even the interior was clean, did not notice any. At one point I was trying to find any issue, above that it will be nitpicking.
Though, I had one issue, the attitude of the sales lady delivering my car. Her attitude was like take it or leave it. I just wanted to discuss with her the small gap issue I found, though it did not bother me, her words were "Sales people do not fix cars". Book a service appointment. Just gave me 30 minutes for the whole process and was in a hurry. Never made me feel valued customer. I feel Tesla needs a serious competition, to change their after sales and service handling. But for now they have built an excellent car and technology.
Do not get these small irks to lose interest, because driving this car is total new experience. I did not hear or feel any sounds or rattle while driving home. It was smooth and perfect. Oh! and the instant torque and handling, makes all the waits and issues you had like a bad dream, because it is really a dream to drive this car.
Folks who are waiting, I will tell you, the wait will be worth it.
By the way, I felt my car windows had tint, cant believe Tesla will give me a free tint, maybe I am mistaken and cant figure out, you guys take a look at the pictures and see if it has. This car is new to me, so I cant figure it out.
If it has some kinda window tint, I will do the PPF only front half.

Car looks great, glad it worked out.

I feel bad for the delivery reps since they are having to delivery so many cars every single day. I has to become numbing to them. And all the QC that we talk about, they see every day. And have to have the same "Accept the car and schedule a service visit, or reject the car" over and over. I bet it is soul sucking. I wonder how long these people last in these positions. I would love to see an AMA with them and someone in assembly line.

Reactions: MrBubbles