Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pirelli stated that since I took delivery after 6/1, they will no longer cover a road hazard warranty. Tesla will happily replace it for $480
Assuming that puncture cannot be repaired? I have to check the date I purchased the Pirelli High Performance All-Season Elects. Fortunately, Tire Rack provides a two-year Road Hazzard protection with purchase. It was painful looking at that nail. I remember pick up day and I am pretty sure I would have over reacted.

A bit more granular info here - order to vin average waits when in different quarters by year. Q2 to Q3 crossovers look to be pretty consistently in the 60+ day range.
Order Quarter/FY to Vin Rec'd Quarter/FYAverage (Days)
Q4_20 -> Q1_21
87​
Q1_20 -> Q2_20
75​
Q1_21 -> Q2_21
72​
Q3_19 -> Q4_19
72​
Q3_20 -> Q4_20
67​
Q2_18 -> Q3_18
67​
Q1_22 -> Q2_22
66​
Q4_19 -> Q1_20
65​
Q2_19 -> Q3_19
65​
Q4_18 -> Q1_19
61​
Q3_18 -> Q4_18
59​
Q4_21 -> Q1_22
53​
Q1_19 -> Q2_19
50​
Q3_21 -> Q4_21
25​
I should've just waited till July to place my order

Hello all,

Most of you don't know me since I stopped posting here shortly after I received my vehicle about a month ago. I want to stop in and give a few bits of info for those waiting on their cars.

Don't trust the mileage estimates. These are generally wrong. I just switched mine to percentage instead of mileage and charge when I get low enough. The price of electricity (as of right now) is still much cheaper than the price of gas. I'm also not affecting the environment as much, so that's a bonus.

With all the horror stories of curb rash, I have yet to curb my wheels. I live in GA with generally good roads and I don't drive as much, so YMMV.

The fit and finish of my vehicle is still good. No rattles or squeaks have developed. I'm still really happy with the vehicle.

Now on to some bad news. My insurance policy is set to renew next month and it's going up... wait for it... about $2000 over a six month policy. I currently have Progressive. I called them and they basically told me Tesla + teenage boys on policy = you're screwed. There was nothing else they could do to lower the policy. If I paid monthly without taking their pay-in-advance discount, my policy would cost me more than my mortgage. As it is, I owe them over $5500 in the next couple of days. I even called my previous policy holder, GEICO, and they could not provide anything better. They even confirmed the insurance companies base your policy on a worst-case scenario (Tesla plus teenage boys). Even though my sons are NOT going to be driving this car. Something to think about before purchasing. I know some people don't have kids or you may live in a cheaper state.

If you have any other random questions let me know and I'll answer as I can. The wait is worth it. Hang in there.

I'm down the rabbit hole now. Going to get out of excel and throw some fancier math at all of this. Stand-by for unnecessary engineering and misdirected talent.
Welp my "fancy" regression model estimated that I'd have a vin within 24 days of order so its trash. It is twice as accurate at predicting time-to-vin when compared to just assuming you'd get it in the average time so that's something.

Reactions: Brou and julit0
Hi all! First post on the forum. Ordered my M3P, Midnight Silver, 20", Black Interior, EAP on 6/27/22. Order EDD was Jun-Aug, was updated the next day to August 13 - September 17 and hasn't changed since. This is my first experience purchasing a Tesla and I find the process very unique and exciting, but one thing I find a bit strange is that I haven't actually heard any communication from a real Tesla employee regarding my order. I read somewhere online that you first hear from your SA anywhere from a week to several months after purchase, does anyone have any experience regarding this? I'm very excited to receive my vehicle and I'll be sure to stick around this forum to continue to provide updates on my experience! Look forward to getting to know some of you and be a part of the Tesla club! Thank you all for your feedback!

Hello all,

Most of you don't know me since I stopped posting here shortly after I received my vehicle about a month ago. I want to stop in and give a few bits of info for those waiting on their cars.

Don't trust the mileage estimates. These are generally wrong. I just switched mine to percentage instead of mileage and charge when I get low enough. The price of electricity (as of right now) is still much cheaper than the price of gas. I'm also not affecting the environment as much, so that's a bonus.

With all the horror stories of curb rash, I have yet to curb my wheels. I live in GA with generally good roads and I don't drive as much, so YMMV.

The fit and finish of my vehicle is still good. No rattles or squeaks have developed. I'm still really happy with the vehicle.

Now on to some bad news. My insurance policy is set to renew next month and it's going up... wait for it... about $2000 over a six month policy. I currently have Progressive. I called them and they basically told me Tesla + teenage boys on policy = you're screwed. There was nothing else they could do to lower the policy. If I paid monthly without taking their pay-in-advance discount, my policy would cost me more than my mortgage. As it is, I owe them over $5500 in the next couple of days. I even called my previous policy holder, GEICO, and they could not provide anything better. They even confirmed the insurance companies base your policy on a worst-case scenario (Tesla plus teenage boys). Even though my sons are NOT going to be driving this car. Something to think about before purchasing. I know some people don't have kids or you may live in a cheaper state.

If you have any other random questions let me know and I'll answer as I can. The wait is worth it. Hang in there.
Hey Jesse...I know you ;)
HOLY COW, what the heck are the insurance companies doing!!!! WOW, I sincerely hope you can source an alternative. Does Tesla write policies in GA?

By the way, still no M3P for us, I rejected the last two and I was far more flexible on the second one knowing we couldn't wait any longer, it was SO bad...

Hello all,

I am fortunate enough to not have kids on my account, but my insurance actually went down $2 per month when I swapped a LR RWD to the Performance. $130 a month for the 2022 Tesla and a 2010 Civic.

Reactions: jessepotter
From what I understand, you cannot use the "Slime" type sealants in foam lined tires. Get a plug kit and 12V or rechargeable compressor instead.
I thought for tires with foam that the plugging process includes removing the tire from the wheel, cutting a 4 inch or so section of the foam, and then plugging from the inside? Then there is some discussion of re-gluing the removed foam section and balancing the tire.

That is odd. I have a teenage driver and the rates on my other vehicles didn’t go up when my kid started to drive. Do your son(s) have a primary vehicle of their own?

Hello all,

2000!! Its good to be old :)

Hello all,

That. Is. Nuts. Reason number 2986512xxxxxxxx1 I never want children. I teach them for a living, don't need them in my personal time :)

• Funny