Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys just popping in from LR3 land. The Fremont factory is currently closed for maintenance. This is common in the start of a new quarter. Looks like the gigapress is still running so they are likely preparing to restart production soon. The link below shows drone footage of the factory taken yesterday. It's a very different story from footage taken 2 weeks ago during the push. Goodluck everybody enjoy your new cars soon :)

I think @Flatbroke mentioned the two week closure. Good call flat.

I wish I could tolerate the clunky tech in the other competitors. Probably won’t find another EV with as much innovation, performance, and tech until Apple releases theirs a few years from now.

Maybe polestar or Rivian could get there, but I’m not holding my breath. Tesla has enough of a lead on them in brand awareness and have a large cult-like following that I don’t see them ever being anywhere close.

Only Apple has the resources, brand recognition, innovation and tech that could lure people away from choosing Tesla.
Yup. It’s going to take a while. Until then here we are measuring panel gaps. M3P and plaid are legit EV sports cars. No one else has them.

Reactions: julit0
Looks like we both ordered on same day on 7/5 but unlike you I haven't completed my registration tasks yet and my EDD is sitting at Nov 22 - Jan 17. I'm not in a super rush to get mine sooner like most here on this board. I wanted to lock in the price because I feel another increase is around the corner. Oct-Nov would be perfect for me. Mine is Blue ext/Black int.

Yeah, I'm not in a huge hurry either but the sooner the better, my trade in will need tires by December (it's a BWM so that'll cost $20k). And rates probably won't likely be going down anytime soon. All that said, I was surprised by how the date shifted by almost 5 months in less than 24 hours. 🤞

Sadly, the M3P is really the only car for me, build quality aside. I actually have one of the production slots for a Polestar 2 BST 270, but… $10k more, over a second slower to 60, and comparison reviews have all said that the M3P handles better, and has better steering feel than the Polestar 2 Performance. So that’s a hard sell, even if the suspension is a bit improved.

Basically, I can spend the extra money, forego the range and speed, and get build quality and the exclusivity of a car the US is only getting 47 of. Tough call, but I’m pretty certain the M3P is the right way to go.

But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to hold onto my BST 270 order until the last possible second!

Interesting story though, the BST 270 is being handled in a very Tesla-like manner. Got a call from Polestar corporate to make sure I was still interested in the car, to let me know I had one of them, and to tell me they would call in ~6 weeks for a $2500 deposit. Got another call from them last week to confirm the delivery center I would be using. I’m not dealing with a dealership at ALL, other than to facilitate taking physical possession of the car, and likely doing DMV paperwork. All pricing, deposits, etc. are being handled directly through Polestar corporate. No possibility at all for markups, forced add-ons, etc.

My unibody sideskirt has a dent and major overspray but I documented and took the delivery at that point because I waited hours already.
And we wonder why Tesla keeps getting away with poor QC....

I mean, I'd probably do the same thing, especially after waiting for a couple of months in my case. We only have ourselves to blame.

I anyone still showing June-Aug DD? mine is July 9- Aug 6 so should change soon. I presume it will get my 3rd two week window and am betting it is 7-22 to 8-5.
I would have lost the bet. Got updated within the last 2 hours. New DD is 7/15-7/29. And is my 3rd 2 week window. It also appears I get updated on Fridays. I text a screen shot to my wife and her reply was “Yeah right”. 😂 even she is skeptical now.

Finally made an account to begin participating in the waiting room!
M3P White/Black, No EAP/FSD, Located in Dallas, TX!
OD 6/12, EDD 8/2 - 9/6

Been quite some time without any sort of EDD change, hoping for something soon!

Also, for a full body PPF, matte or gloss at no additional cost, plus 2 years of ceramic coating, I’m quoted at $5800. That seems like a relatively good deal right?

I would have lost the bet. Got updated within the last 2 hours. New DD is 7/15-7/29. And is my 3rd 2 week window. It also appears I get updated on Fridays. I text a screen shot to my wife and her reply was “Yeah right”. 😂 even she is skeptical now.
It's gonna be fresh off the line following their July 4 break. I think 10-day EDD on 7/15, VIN on 7/16. Calling it!

Did you get a new CTRL+F Keys? ;)

OD 6/12, EDD 8/2 - 9/6

Also, for a full body PPF, matte or gloss at no additional cost, plus 2 years of ceramic coating, I’m quoted at $5800. That seems like a relatively good deal right?
$5,800 seems to be a reasonable price these days, definitely not a ripoff but also not a screaming deal either. Decent price.

If you want to wrap the car for your own sake to keep it sexy, prevent car wash swirls, and protect your baby then by all means go for it. But if you're doing it to hedge against a good ROI when you go to sell the vehicle down the road then it's a terrible investment as you're paying almost 10% the value of the car just to protect the paint, and rock chips only devalue a car on average $500-1,000 at most when you go to sell it later - you'd be cash flow negative on the transaction at the end. You could arguably repaint the entire vehicle before selling for less than $6k if that's your sole reason for wrapping.

So evaluate why you're doing a full wrap in the first place and weight the pros and cons. If after that you still decide to do it, then wrap and enjoy!

$5,800 seems to be a reasonable price these days, definitely not a ripoff but also not a screaming deal either. Decent price.

If you want to wrap the car for your own sake to keep it sexy, prevent car wash swirls, and protect your baby then by all means go for it. But if you're doing it to hedge against a good ROI when you go to sell the vehicle down the road then it's a terrible investment as you're paying almost 10% the value of the car just to protect the paint, and rock chips only devalue a car on average $500-1,000 at most when you go to sell it later - you'd be cash flow negative on the transaction at the end. You could arguably repaint the entire vehicle before selling for less than $6k if that's your sole reason for wrapping.

So evaluate why you're doing a full wrap in the first place and weight the pros and cons. If after that you still decide to do it, then wrap and enjoy!
Will likely be keeping the car for over 4 years, and this is my first time ever having a brand new car versus a used car, so I’d love to keep it as pristine as possible!

Reactions: t-rex266 and julit0
Will likely be keeping the car for over 4 years, and this is my first time ever having a brand new car versus a used car, so I’d love to keep it as pristine as possible!
Well... it's difficult to put a price on peace of mind, so if you have the cash and want to go for it then $5,800 for a full PPF job and 2 years of ceramic is good enough to pursue if your primary purpose is to keep the car protected from minor damage just for your own sake. Enjoy!

Reactions: julit0

The Force is Strong with this One!!!!

OD 6/12, EDD 8/2 - 9/6

Agree on fair price. I'm in the Los Angeles Area. That's what I paid for full PPF wrap (gloss-clear) with NO ceramic coating. I use Griot's Garage detailing stuff and have Chemical guys, too. I'm happy enough to use Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Spray Wax - on top of the clear coat already a part of the PPF.

Super advice. I saw a few Reddit and FB videos of Tesla hate out there...maybe not so much in California - but man, some other states, it's down right aggressive.
Definitely it's my most fancy car I've ever purchased, so the price of tint/wrap + quality of workmanship + warranty and peace-of-mind were key decision points for me.
Well... it's difficult to put a price on peace of mind, so if you have the cash and want to go for it then $5,800 for a full PPF job and 2 years of ceramic is good enough to pursue if your primary purpose is to keep the car protected from minor damage just for your own sake. Enjoy!
💯

Reactions: Flatbroke

I have been struggling with this decision and appreciate your post. I suppose I've been a bit frightened by reports of Tesla's paint quality and it being prone to chips and other damage. If I were buying a car from a different manufacturer, I wouldn't even think twice about it. But here I am considering spending $3K each for our M3P and MYP (neither has been received yet) for front PPF and full body ceramic coating. For me it's not about resale value but not waiting to walk around the front of the car and see an insane number of pock marks.

Got my car back from detailing, deff in love with the red. esp after Feynlab Self heal Plus added
IMG_2533_jpg.jpg