Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@unlock no. Just factory tint on top glass and no tint on windshield but I should have gone 70/80%

I'm really curious what the tint % on the glass is for the roof. It appears to be darker than the typical factory auto glass that sits around ~35% or so from other auto makers.

I was thinking of applying a one piece 50% film to the rear windshield and rear top roof. Assuming that the top glass roof has a ~30% tint, it would put it right at:

50% x 30% = (0.50×0.30)x100 = 15%.

The 50% for the rear is so that you can still see out of it without it being a black wall at night. I'm just curious how it'll look aesthetically with the 20% sides. I hope that it looks balanced enough.

Where you referring to the stock clear windows of the M3P being dyed? Interesting. Did you get it measured with a meter at the shop?

According to your calculations of reaching 33% as an end result with using a 40% film, that would mean the stock clear factory glass would be at ~82%-83% VLT.

82% x 40% = (0.82×0.40)x100 = ~32.8%.
It was measured AFTER at 33%. My assertion that the windows are dyed is just an assertion. Could be a laminate layer. But here's a pic of the stock window's "shading."

PXL_20220627_194849624.jpg

Reactions: unlock
Hello - I just joined the waiting room. OD was 6/1, and ED is 7/15 to 8/12.
I'm in the Dallas area, and I hope I get the 2 week window soon. My ED got delayed on 6/14, and the Tesla trade-in offer is now expired. I have a better offer for my car that exceeds the Tesla trade-in offer plus tax benefit. I'd like to sell the car so I don't have to deal with the fluctuating used car value thing. I really don't want to drive an old classic car I have in this Texas heat! Relying on that old thing through August and beyond would be torture.

I'm in the Dallas area, and I hope I get the 2 week window soon. My ED got delayed on 6/14, and the Tesla trade-in offer is now expired. I have a better offer for my car that exceeds the Tesla trade-in offer plus tax benefit. I'd like to sell the car so I don't have to deal with the fluctuating used car value thing. I really don't want to drive an old classic car I have in this Texas heat! Relying on that old thing through August and beyond would be torture.
I would say you are more likely to see a car in August, maybe even late August based on your location. I originally ordered a LR and made the mistake of selling my car entirely too soon. My wife was the one to really suffer though as she had to drive her dad's minivan with sketchy heat and a/c for 2 months. I'm still trying to get out of the doghouse for that one

Hello! Another Dallas resident!! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your order options?

I’m driving a bog standard ‘99 F150 single cab with 175k mi while I wait for my M3P. It has AC, but only when it’s moving. Recent heat index warnings have made for some less than comfy drives around town. Not to mention paying for gas.

The Tesla will be a welcome relief in sooooo many ways.

I’m driving a bog standard ‘99 F150 single cab with 175k mi while I wait for my M3P. It has AC, but only when it’s moving. Recent heat index warnings have made for some less than comfy drives around town. Not to mention paying for gas.

The Tesla will be a welcome relief in sooooo many ways.
I'm driving my 2011 piece of crap V6 Mustang (120k miles) with NO working AC. I feel you. Longest wait of my freakin life

I'm driving my 2011 piece of crap V6 Mustang (120k miles) with NO working AC. I feel you. Longest wait of my freakin life
What kills me is I had a ‘22 XC40 Recharge Ultimate and got what I thought was a ridiculous purchase offer on it from Texas Auto Value. Fearing it’s value would potentially go down before my M3P showed up, I went ahead and sold it, thinking eh, I have transportation when I need it in the meantime. Values of XC40 Recharges in the last month have only continued to go up. Oops. Then hit with this crazy heat wave is just the icing on the cake.

First world problems though, right?

What kills me is I had a ‘22 XC40 Recharge Ultimate and got what I thought was a ridiculous purchase offer on it from Texas Auto Value. Fearing it’s value would potentially go down before my M3P showed up, I went ahead and sold it, thinking eh, I have transportation when I need it in the meantime. Values of XC40 Recharges in the last month have only continued to go up. Oops. Then hit with this crazy heat wave is just the icing on the cake.

First world problems though, right?
We're all faced with these type of situations where more could have come out of it, but as cliché as it sounds, it helps to focus on the good and what we do have. It could be worse ...

For me it was not having ordered before the price hike, but then again I'm so glad that I have an order in now. When another price hike comes, I'll take it as a win.

We're all fortunate here in the grand scheme of things. First world problems. :D

Congrats on the VIN! I’ll definitely read your updates about the pick-up experience.
I can’t get the Tesla app to Update my trade-in value (first offer expired). It keeps locking up after I enter some details. Hopefully their IT folks will get it running monday morning.

Congrats on the VIN! I’ll definitely read your updates about the pick-up experience.
I can’t get the Tesla app to Update my trade-in value (first offer expired). It keeps locking up after I enter some details. Hopefully their IT folks will get it running monday morning.
Thanks! I ordered from the Southlake showroom and it only let me choose home delivery. I’ll talk to my SA and try to switch to the Ft Worth SC.

I didn’t do a trade-in, but I think I’ve seen posts recommending you do no trade-in until you get a VIN. That way it doesn’t slow down your order if you keep having issues.