Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with NFCU but my financing was locked in early June. I won't brag about the rate, but I will say - I've been a member with them since I commissioned over 25+ years ago (retired now) - so I got the long-term member discount. You have to call them back once you've submitted your promissory note - once I got my final loan paperwork back, it was a -0.5% drop on APR when originally I was told -0.25%....It was a pleasant surprise for sure. You should ask NFCU about it as soon as you can.

Thanks for serving Brother. All them years.... you deserve a 0% Interest Loan, easily. NFCU is pretty amazing, had a few loans through them throughout the years.

Hey, future Performance owners!
Just sitting around waiting for my VIN to pop up. Decided to join the forum for fun and hopefully learn a thing or two.

Ordered on June 16th, EDD at the time of ordering June to August.
EDD got updated the next day, August 12th to September 16.
Changed from July 30 to September 3rd on June 27th.
Hoping to get the VIN soon :)

Pearl White with Black interior, located in NJ.

Hopefully, everyone gets a VIN or an earlier-than-expected EDD!
So hard to be patient!
Ordered the
Hey, future Performance owners!
Just sitting around waiting for my VIN to pop up. Decided to join the forum for fun and hopefully learn a thing or two.

Ordered on June 16th, EDD at the time of ordering June to August.
EDD got updated the next day, August 12th to September 16.
Changed from July 30 to September 3rd on June 27th.
Hoping to get the VIN soon :)

Pearl White with Black interior, located in NJ.

Hopefully, everyone gets a VIN or an earlier-than-expected EDD!
So hard to be patient!
I ordered mine on June 16th as well and received similar dates. No additional good update yet. I am in DMV area 😞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220712-014438_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220712-014438_Tesla.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 76
I went with NFCU but my financing was locked in early June. I won't brag about the rate, but I will say - I've been a member with them since I commissioned over 25+ years ago (retired now) - so I got the long-term member discount. You have to call them back once you've submitted your promissory note - once I got my final loan paperwork back, it was a -0.5% drop on APR when originally I was told -0.25%....It was a pleasant surprise for sure. You should ask NFCU about it as soon as you can.
I've got my promissory note from NFCU sitting in my car to be dropped in the mail. Did you just call and ask to speak to someone in auto loans? And it doesn't matter if the promissory note has been signed with the current terms on it? Did they send a new one?

I also applied $15k toward the loan when it appeared in the app, so I don't know if that'll make a difference... probably will.

I've got my promissory note from NFCU sitting in my car to be dropped in the mail. Did you just call and ask to speak to someone in auto loans? And it doesn't matter if the promissory note has been signed with the current terms on it? Did they send a new one?

I also applied $15k toward the loan when it appeared in the app, so I don't know if that'll make a difference... probably will.
Interesting about you still having the note. I turned mine in to the Tesla SA when I picked it up. They have to be the one to call in and activate it. Did they do that, and give it back to you? Sounds like you may need to call NFCU to make sure your loan was even activated properly.

No, they didn't send a new one. I signed under the higher rate initially and it lowered after my call. The terms were updated when I made the call to NFCU - yes, call and ask about your auto loan. It'll be on file with your account. I received the final terms and processed loan paperwork from NFCU about 7 days after I picked up my car.

Interesting about you still having the note. I turned mine in to the Tesla SA when I picked it up. They have to be the one to call in and activate it. Did they do that, and give it back to you? Sounds like you may need to call NFCU to make sure your loan was even activated properly.

No, they didn't send a new one. I signed under the higher rate initially and it lowered after my call. The terms were updated when I made the call to NFCU - yes, call and ask about your auto loan. It'll be on file with your account. I received the final terms and processed loan paperwork from NFCU about 7 days after I picked up my car.
I only gave the SA the draft and the yellow slip that comes with it that says the dealership must call. I kept the rest of the paperwork and was expecting to digitally sign an e-promissory note on the app, which is how I usually accept NFCU's loans. This time (2 days ago) I received a promissory note in the mail. I've completed it but haven't mailed it back yet. My loan info popped up in my account 2 or 3 days ago, which is when I made the lump payment--so it's definitely been activated.

I'll give em a call in a few hours.

Reactions: julit0
Just got moved up slightly Aug 22-Sept 26. I’ve come within a hairs width of just getting a used Tesla, but trying to hold out!
That's been a temptation for me as well. If I can't take delivery by Aug 19, I can't take advantage of my state's sales tax credit and it would effectively add another $4k+ to the total cost of the car. If it starts getting close to that, it'll be really tempting to look at used.