Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I threw in the towel a few days ago and switched to an inventory 2019 Model 3 Performance. Not so much due to a lack of patience- I waited a year and a half for my 2018- but it being quite the hardship to be without a car. It was still looking like early September for me for a delivery as well.

My advice is to hang in there if you can, it’s worth it!

That is odd. I have a teenage driver and the rates on my other vehicles didn’t go up when my kid started to drive. Do your son(s) have a primary vehicle of their own?
Yes, they both have their own vehicle and their names are tied to their own vehicle on the policy. The insurance agencies just said since they have access to the vehicle, they have to take it into consideration.

Hey guys,

Just received an email from my SA and an update on the app.... waiting for my SA to call me so I can politely cancel. I can't be a part of such a disastrous company.
8405CDAF-B2B9-47A4-BA44-472220B4F695.jpeg

Finally placed my order. M3P Grey/White Interior no FSD. Super excited and hoping (unlike many here lol) that my date gets pushed back. I read that November is the cutoff for 2023 date car? I want it to be delivered after I move in September so I ordered now since the dates are Aug-Nov, 24 hours after order my EDD moved to Oct. 14 - Nov. 23 which I am pretty happy about. Does anyone know if I get a October delivery can I deny and push it to November for 2023 year or is it not worth it at all. I believe the year affects the resale value but this would be my first real vehicle purchase so I am a tiny bit new there.

I feel your pain. That TX heat is no joke, especially with the humidity. Any plans to get some ceramic tint?

Note: If you want the best heat, "reflection" 3M Crystalline is the cream of the crop. It's tech actually reflects vs absorbing (even ceramic has a fast saturation point). If there's an authorized shop that does 3M you can see the demo in person and will be sold.

As for Flatbroke, count my vote Aye for upgrading him to the S. The man deserves it.

Thanks for the tip on 3M. I was about to set an appt to get ceramic tint (xpel XR plus) and ceramic coating at a place highly recommended by a Dallas Tesla group. I did find a shop authorized for 3M tint so I’ll have to check them out first. They have good Google reviews but can’t find anyone else that has used them.
Is there that big of a difference bw normal ceramic tint and 3M, to your knowledge?

Reactions: unlock
Hey guys,

Just received an email from my SA and an update on the app.... waiting for my SA to call me so I can politely cancel. I can't be a part of such a disastrous company.
View attachment 828821
that is crazy. I thought my situation as unique, you got me bested. Why do you have to cancel. I’d let them build the car and schedule the delivery and decline then. Since you are going to be out the deposit anyway. Nothing to lose and it appears they (the company)don’t give two good bowel movements about your situation.

that is crazy. I thought my situation as unique, you got me bested. Why do you have to cancel. I’d let them build the car and schedule the delivery and decline then. Since you are going to be out the deposit anyway. Nothing to lose and it appears they (the company)don’t give two good bowel movements about your situation.
I needed this laugh, thanks brother. 😂
That's what I meant by cancel, just disappear on them...kinda like Tesla did to me. The Tesla team here has been as helpful as they could be, their hands are tied by a company in near disrepair.

Looks like it’s due to shrink any time
I’m not sure, it’s been that date since 6/16 😂 from my experience it always shifts to be like 9/4-9/30 whenever delivery comes about. so far my family has taken delivery of cars in Q1, Q3 and Q4. In 2020 my Q3 delivery was 9/5 but Q1 and Q4 were 21st-22nd of the month. Highly doubt I’ll see it any sooner than September cause of the SoCal delivery timing but hopefully it’ll be a first to be early😭🙏🏾

Thanks for the tip on 3M. I was about to set an appt to get ceramic tint (xpel XR plus) and ceramic coating at a place highly recommended by a Dallas Tesla group. I did find a shop authorized for 3M tint so I’ll have to check them out first. They have good Google reviews but can’t find anyone else that has used them.
Is there that big of a difference bw normal ceramic tint and 3M, to your knowledge?

Anytime. 👍

3M Crystalline uses a tech that reflects heat a lot more than ceramic. Although ceramic based tint (good quality) is the second best choice, it does have a saturation point despite its reflective properties, it's just that it doesn't reflect as much as the 3M Crystalline.

I was convinced when I saw the demo in person. Two cars, one with 3M Crystalline and one with Xpel Ceramic (a high quality film) were both inside of the shop, then they rolled them out in the hot sun at the same time. The difference was measurable just by the feel of it alone.

The 3M car was a lot cooler, while the rate of the heat inside of the Xpel car went up noticeably as the film saturated with heat.

Ceramic for sure is far superior than a non ceramic film for hotter climates, but if you want the best and don't mind paying a little extra, 3M Crystalline is the way to go for sure. Just make sure that it's authentic. 😁

Reactions: Chris B