Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
only after waiting for a month. I think i will be cancelling my order.. reason is I finally got an allocation for another m3 but this time its a bmw!

Not 100% decided yet but leaning towards the other m3
I would say that if you get the BMW, you will be wondering about the Tesla. But not the other way around. My 2 cents.

My wallet is going to sting for both fuel and cost of the car but oh well. Gotta work harder if I get the bmw.
Can’t blame you really. I lusted after the E92 M3 for years. Never pulled the trigger. Now I’m waiting to take delivery of a car that is faster, cheaper to run and maintain, and exponentially more reliable.

I swear this is a major selling point (the fact you'll have a new hobby of meticulously washing and keeping your car in top shape). I've got close to $2K in my Tesla Amazon shopping list and a majority of it is mini-addons and cleaning/protection/etc stuff. Been spending a ton of time watching detailing videos on how to correct wash/clean and the various products used. I feel like there's something spiritual about washing your own car, throw on some tunes and drown the world (and the stuck on bugs) out.
I wish but i have super hard water and i will end up with hard water spots. Tried a few different things to treat the water before washing but it still happens. That is why i will be getting a membership to my touchless carwash down the street and a ceramic coating so i can just run it through the wash at least once a week

Reactions: julit0
I just did my first wash after a few weeks. Ceramic wax is an absolute game changer. I wish I knew about with my previous cars. Quick 15 minute wash and it looks perfect. 5 year warranty is huge too. I highly recommend if you have the means
I am absolutely doing it. I just want to find the right shop that will do an excellent job in the bay area.

Yeah I have.I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the plug that’s supposed to come with the car that are out of stock and causing the delay. Idk. We wanted to switch to red in May or early June but was told not to as it would delay my order LMAO 😂
**** it I would switch to what you want. Don’t get something you don’t want because of some imaginary window

Ugh I dont get why I ordered my M3P on 6/26 and it still shows jun-aug delivery, yet people that ordered only a couple days ago are getting actual dates. So frustrating!
I know I feel your pain!! I switched to M3P almost a month ago and my first day of my 2 week window happened and I am wanting a VIN so badly. I see others and I’m glad to see the performances go out quickly, but I want to be like “where’s mine?!” All the time lol 😂😂😂

Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear that Flatbroke. I was starting to think that you were planted here by Tesla. Like "I know you've been waiting a while but at least you're not THIS guy". And I'll admit, it's been frustrating seeing all these folks that are just now switching from Base/LR to P getting updates, delivery dates, and cars before those that ordered Ps from day one. At this point my EDD has not changed in 4 weeks and now I'm not really expecting it to.
It seems that not only am I standing in the M3P line but also in line after all the Base/LR orders that are switching to P. So who knows WHEN I'll get a car now. If any number of people can jump in front of you just by switching their order to P. Starting to look at other options again as I need a car. I know I haven't waited as long as many here. But still frustrating.
I am one of those nerds that switched thanks to the wife for allowing it. I will say that after switching over and the adjusted timelines I am looking at from start to finish if my EDD doesn’t adjust again it taking 12 weeks from order to a car. Frustrations all around for everyone. Feel like @Flatbroke and could have waited on the LR at this point lol.

Reactions: Flatbroke
is there a list

yes, details in my signature
Anyone else in the forum from the Chicago area? Curious of your OD and EDD. My OD is 6/16 with a 8/5-9/2 EDD.
I have already taken delivery, I am just hanging out waiting for Flatbroke to take delivery. But I am in NW Indiana, and figured I'd share my thoughts after 3 weeks of ownership.

-Suspension is nowhere near as bad as some would suggest. My 2020 WRX on 18's was a rougher ride than this stock.
-Still plan on swapping out Uber's/Tires for an 18 or 19" set-up. I drive 100 miles a day, across some tough side roads in Chicago. Not switching due to suspension, switching due to not wanting to blow a thin tire. Also hope to gain a little range with the smaller set-up, especially for colder months where range will decrease even more.
-Car is an absolute blast to drive, and I find any reason to hop in and take it for a ride.
-I wave at other Tesla owners, but get no wave back. If you see somebody from Indiana throw you a peace sign, it's me.

The wait is worth it, try to stay patient!

MSM w/ Black Ordered on 6/29. Initial window 10/8 - 11/19. EDD 7/7: 9/2 - 10/14. EDD 7/18: 8/22 - 9/26
There are at least 3 more of us on this board who ordered within a few days of you (between 6/29 and 7/1) and we all have the exact same EDD window as you of 8/22 - 9/26 which suggests it's just a generic placeholder estimate for us right now and probably nothing more than that. Just come to peace in your mind that delivery will almost certainly be taken at or just before the end of the quarter and then if it actually comes in before then it will be just be an unexpected bonus.