Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are at least 3 more of us on this board who ordered within a few days of you (between 6/29 and 7/1) and we all have the exact same EDD window as you of 8/22 - 9/26 which suggests it's just a generic placeholder estimate for us right now and probably nothing more than that. Just come to peace in your mind that delivery will almost certainly be taken at or just before the end of the quarter and then if it actually comes in before then it will be just be an unexpected bonus.
Fair enough. I’ll hope for a little luck because we have a vacation planned for the end of the quarter. I also need the mobile charger and that had a similar Aug-Oct timeline when I ordered.

I have already taken delivery, I am just hanging out waiting for Flatbroke to take delivery. But I am in NW Indiana, and figured I'd share my thoughts after 3 weeks of ownership.

-Suspension is nowhere near as bad as some would suggest. My 2020 WRX on 18's was a rougher ride than this stock.
-Still plan on swapping out Uber's/Tires for an 18 or 19" set-up. I drive 100 miles a day, across some tough side roads in Chicago. Not switching due to suspension, switching due to not wanting to blow a thin tire. Also hope to gain a little range with the smaller set-up, especially for colder months where range will decrease even more.
-Car is an absolute blast to drive, and I find any reason to hop in and take it for a ride.
-I wave at other Tesla owners, but get no wave back. If you see somebody from Indiana throw you a peace sign, it's me.

The wait is worth it, try to stay patient!
Thanks buddy. I was becoming a Sad Sally Yesterday but spirits are high this morning. The emotional roller coaster is part of the full Tesla buying experience and I’m getting my money worth LOL 😂 and to think my wife is the one that wanted the car.

Thanks buddy. I was becoming a Sad Sally Yesterday but spirits are high this morning. The emotional roller coaster is part of the full Tesla buying experience and I’m getting my money worth LOL 😂 and to think my wife is the one that wanted the car.
I honestly don't know how you are staying sane. I jumped ship from LR to P because the emotional roller coaster was about to get derailed. You did the same thing and are now waiting the same amount of time or even longer. At least it's the wife that wanted it! I am still trying to make it up to my wife as to why we needed to spend an additional $7k to get the car quicker LOL

I have already taken delivery, I am just hanging out waiting for Flatbroke to take delivery. But I am in NW Indiana, and figured I'd share my thoughts after 3 weeks of ownership.

-Suspension is nowhere near as bad as some would suggest. My 2020 WRX on 18's was a rougher ride than this stock.
-Still plan on swapping out Uber's/Tires for an 18 or 19" set-up. I drive 100 miles a day, across some tough side roads in Chicago. Not switching due to suspension, switching due to not wanting to blow a thin tire. Also hope to gain a little range with the smaller set-up, especially for colder months where range will decrease even more.
-Car is an absolute blast to drive, and I find any reason to hop in and take it for a ride.
-I wave at other Tesla owners, but get no wave back. If you see somebody from Indiana throw you a peace sign, it's me.

The wait is worth it, try to stay patient!
I think you’re supposed to stick your nose up a little higher while you drive when you see other teslas lol

I was watching a youtube video on ordering and delivery. The guy said if you are looking at the app it should say "view" in the blue box below the EDD. If it says "go to my account" then you have in incomplete task. Is this correct? Mine says "go to my account" but I can see anything that's incomplete
I can't recall, but i think it still said "incomplete", just make sure it switched to cash in the financing section and just sit back and wait

I honestly don't know how you are staying sane. I jumped ship from LR to P because the emotional roller coaster was about to get derailed. You did the same thing and are now waiting the same amount of time or even longer. At least it's the wife that wanted it! I am still trying to make it up to my wife as to why we needed to spend an additional $7k to get the car quicker LOL
Right? I would have caved and added FSD by now... Or at least EAP, now that it's available again!

Reactions: dgoodlan
Does this matter? Talking with my SA and they said this would only cause a delay if they're not complete by the time the car arrives. Need a vin to get my financing in place.
I applied for financing on 6/9 when the DD was showing 6/18-6/23-6/30 (something like that). Financing was approved on 6/13 and good for 60 days. On 6/14 SA reached out to let me know I've been assigned a Vin and pick up was for 6/17-6/19 my choice. We pick up on 6/19.

Hope that helps.