Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else here feel like Q3 is the worst time to take delivery 😭 I feel like getting a 22 Model in September when a 23 Model would be produced in November lowkey sucks. I remember taking delivery of my 2020 M3 LR and just 1 month later it got entirely refreshed for the first time in 4 years😭It was traumatizing. Also… just sold my M3P to CarGurus!!! Went really smooth.

Does anyone else here feel like Q3 is the worst time to take delivery 😭 I feel like getting a 22 Model in September when a 23 Model would be produced in November lowkey sucks. I remember taking delivery of my 2020 M3 LR and just 1 month later it got entirely refreshed for the first time in 4 years😭It was traumatizing. Also… just sold my M3P to CarGurus!!! Went really smooth.
I don’t think there will be much changing. Just the same old little things. Perhaps cooled seats? I can’t see much changing otherwise though, but you never know. It’s the reality of purchasing a vehicle though, there are changes in every years models.

Reactions: HarpoonS
I don’t think there will be much changing. Just the same old little things. Perhaps cooled seats? I can’t see much changing otherwise though, but you never know. It’s the reality of purchasing a vehicle though, there are changes in every years models.
Oh I’m not really anticipating anything different for 2023 Models rn, not even ventilated seats. Good for resale value though 🤠 Even when I had taken a Q4 delivery I missed the Ryzen and Li-ion battery.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
I would give up my EDD of 8/8 - 9-12 for a Nov/Dec delivery if it meant a 2023 model with cooled seats and heads up display. But I don't see those upgrades are coming any time soon.

Reactions: unlock
One update. My delivery date now has a estimated range of October 8th - November 19th after I released from a Hold state.

When I log on to Tesla.com and start a delivery for a Model 3 Performance, I get a delivery date range of August thru October. Can anyone explain why I get an earlier date then the same order I released from Hold state over a week ago?

Since Tesla doesn't make changes based solely on model years, it's completely arbitrary. If you were buying a new BMW, early Q3 delivery would mean you could be missing out. On a Tesla? Means literally nothing. Big new changes can come out in June, or they can come in January, and you will never know.

Even then, half the time the changes can be retrofitted (officially, at that), or there's an aftermarket solution available, so you're not completely missing out.

Reactions: HarpoonS
Since Tesla doesn't make changes based solely on model years, it's completely arbitrary. If you were buying a new BMW, early Q3 delivery would mean you could be missing out. On a Tesla? Means literally nothing. Big new changes can come out in June, or they can come in January, and you will never know.

Even then, half the time the changes can be retrofitted (officially, at that), or there's an aftermarket solution available, so you're not completely missing out.
This is correct. Tesla is not your average car company and changes are made seemingly at a whim. For example, matrix headlights is a pretty major yearly upgrade in other cars out there and yet Tesla decided to add those mid-2022 out of nowhere. Many other examples with various Tesla model upgrades in recent years.

If you always wait to hold off for the 'next thing' coming on the horizon in technology, you'd never jump in because there's always some new toy or major change coming just down the road.

Often times leaks drop early online showing a major new feature has been spotted in the wild and, as of today, we haven't seen anything crazy coming down the pike for the Model 3 like a HUD or birds eye view or any other significant feature people have wanted to years. Doesn't mean it can't happen and, while none of us here are Nostradamus, usually it's good practice to not just allow Hopium to delay a tech purchase while prices/interest rates continue to perpetually rise.

This is correct. Tesla is not your average car company and changes are made seemingly at a whim. For example, matrix headlights is a pretty major yearly upgrade in other cars out there and yet Tesla decided to add those mid-2022 out of nowhere. Many other examples with various Tesla model upgrades in recent years.

If you always wait to hold off for the 'next thing' coming on the horizon in technology, you'd never jump in because there's always some new toy or major change coming just down the road.

Often times leaks drop early online showing a major new feature has been spotted in the wild and, as of today, we haven't seen anything crazy coming down the pike for the Model 3 like a HUD or birds eye view or any other significant feature people have wanted to years. Doesn't mean it can't happen and, while none of us here are Nostradamus, usually it's good practice to not just allow Hopium to delay a tech purchase while prices/interest rates continue to perpetually rise.
Do you know if M3Ps are coming standard now with Matrix? I haven't seen anywhere confirmation seems kinda hit or miss.

Do you know if M3Ps are coming standard now with Matrix? I haven't seen anywhere confirmation seems kinda hit or miss.
Nothing officially communicated from Elon or Tesla, but in the crowdsourced trackers available online it appears that, since May, all Performance models are getting them while SR and LR models are hit and miss based on manufacturing supply.

Reactions: Brou and Haste
What is matrix
heres the first search I found here on it, maybe this
can be helpful as well?

Honestly I have no idea the tech differences between them. AFAIK they are maybe brighter and can play some light show projection thing cooler. Apparently they can be made more useful via software updates in the future to like not blind other users on the road etc, maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

What is matrix
They are adaptive headlights that can change their brightness in blocks to not blind oncoming traffic. Works like this:

They've been available in Europe for years, but US regulators have been slow to approve them here in the states. They've almost got the details worked out now and so some US car manufacturers are installing Matrix/Projector lights in cars and everyone is just waiting for the final green light when auto makers can flip the switch and enable them for everyone.

Reactions: t-rex266

Most definitely, I think the only benefit to a new Model year is resale value since a significant change within the same model year could improve the value of a car even if it doesn’t include upgrades.