Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How far ahead of delivery should I add proof of delivery? And I assume I can wait until I go to take delivery to submit final payment?
Congrats to you and @shodnett. Nice to see some good news in here.

My delivery is Sat 7/23 so I’ve been working through all the last minute items.
1. I went 3rd party financing and my bank is overnighting me a certified check to bring. I wasn’t sure how the wire timing would work, and I figured check would make it easy for me to reject the vehicle, if needed.
2. I did connect my bank in the Tesla Plaid app for the remainder and submitted payment. I saw posts that they don’t actually pull the $ until I accept delivery.
3. Insurance was weird, in TX at least, and they want an active policy 3 days before pickup along with active for 60 days after pickup. My policy with USAA is renewing early Sept and Tesla wouldn’t accept it. I went ahead and got Tesla insurance in the app for the meantime. I’ll just switch after pick up.

What a prolific VIN week! I got my VIN this morning. Wasn't there last night before bed. VIN is a nice and late one, so I know it's not someone else's reject! 315xxx.

And, for those like @Flatbroke who keep checking source code to find their VIN, mine was not there as of ~11:30pm ET last night, but I had a VIN in the app this morning... so if it DOES show up earlier in source code, it's MAYBE a couple of hours sooner, if that. I think that trick is a remnant leftover from the early days of ordering a Tesla.

What a prolific VIN week! I got my VIN this morning. Wasn't there last night before bed. VIN is a nice and late one, so I know it's not someone else's reject! 315xxx.

And, for those like @Flatbroke who keep checking source code to find their VIN, mine was not there as of ~11:30pm ET last night, but I had a VIN in the app this morning... so if it DOES show up earlier in source code, it's MAYBE a couple of hours sooner, if that. I think that trick is a remnant leftover from the early days of ordering a Tesla.
Congrats, good to see the East Coast get some love too.

Nice you are 10 days before me on order.

Congrats! Did you get text or an app notification?
Actually got an email notice. No text or anything yet, but the email came through pretty late last night, about 9 pm CST. I imagine I'll be hearing from my SA soon.

I'm actually kind of surprised to get a VIN and a delivery window that's more than two weeks from now. Wonder if that'll scooch up a bit...

Actually got an email notice. No text or anything yet, but the email came through pretty late last night, about 9 pm CST. I imagine I'll be hearing from my SA soon.

I'm actually kind of surprised to get a VIN and a delivery window that's more than two weeks from now. Wonder if that'll scooch up a bit...
It probably will, when the time comes to schedule delivery, since the car will probably arrive a bit sooner. Of course, it could still get pushed back, too, depending on the transport situation.

Congratulations!!!! What color combo did you get? That’s good to know about the source code. I’m not checking that POS anymore. I guess being close to the Factory screws me for delivery. Idk. I’m glad you guys are getting cars and having a good experience though.

Last edited:
I just got my 3rd VIN assigned last night. I am on the east coast (Philly area) and have lost 2 other VINs assigned due to some odd Tesla policy related to delivery date expirations. They gave the car to someone closer to CA as the transport took longer than planned. Order date 5/20, current EDD 8/2-8/8. My first VIN came mid June with a 6/28 delivery scheduled but then disappeared in the app and went back to August delivery. My confidence is low that this will stick but maybe will finally get my blue with black performance someday.

I just got my 3rd VIN assigned last night. I am on the east coast (Philly area) and have lost 2 other VINs assigned due to some odd Tesla policy related to delivery date expirations. They gave the car to someone closer to CA as the transport took longer than planned. Order date 5/20, current EDD 8/2-8/8. My first VIN came mid June with a 6/28 delivery scheduled but then disappeared in the app and went back to August delivery. My confidence is low that this will stick but maybe will finally get my blue with black performance someday.
@Flatbroke yields the floor to you and acknowledges your situation is More FUBAR then his. I am laughing with you not at you. I will attest that while I am near the factory, I did not take your VIN.

The late June one makes sense - they saw that if they delivered it despite the delay, it would be a Q3 delivery, so they identified someone else who could take delivery of that spec before end of Q2.

It's complete and utter BS, but I understand it. That said, this VIN should stick for sure!

The late June one makes sense - they saw that if they delivered it despite the delay, it would be a Q3 delivery, so they identified someone else who could take delivery of that spec before end of Q2.

It's complete and utter BS, but I understand it. That said, this VIN should stick for sure!
I sure hope so, getting multiple VINs but losing them has been frustrating. The second one required me to pay my deposit and send the 3rd party financing check which has been a challenge to reverse. I am waiting a bit before I follow their requested next steps this time. Anyone know how to decipher the VIN to see if this is a new build verses a car someone else rejected? My last six digits start with 318xxx.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
I sure hope so, getting multiple VINs but losing them has been frustrating. The second one required me to pay my deposit and send the 3rd party financing check which has been a challenge to reverse. I am waiting a bit before I follow their requested next steps this time. Anyone know how to decipher the VIN to see if this is a new build verses a car someone else rejected? My last six digits start with 318xxx.
I think you have a recent build

Ditto, mine is also 318xxx.

Reactions: 3geekfamily