Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hope my delivery window holds or pushes forward. I recently sold a car for $60k, and here in my state, as long as I get another within 60 days, I will only pay sales tax on the difference. That's the difference of 6.5% of $4400 versus 6.5% of $64,440 as long as I get whatever by Aug 19. My current window is good. Sooner would be even better. But after 8/19 would *really* suck.

I really hope my delivery window holds or pushes forward. I recently sold a car for $60k, and here in my state, as long as I get another within 60 days, I will only pay sales tax on the difference. That's the difference of 6.5% of $4400 versus 6.5% of $64,440 as long as I get whatever by Aug 19. My current window is good. Sooner would be even better. But after 8/19 would *really* suck.
I hope it works out in your favor.

I sure hope so, getting multiple VINs but losing them has been frustrating. The second one required me to pay my deposit and send the 3rd party financing check which has been a challenge to reverse. I am waiting a bit before I follow their requested next steps this time. Anyone know how to decipher the VIN to see if this is a new build verses a car someone else rejected? My last six digits start with 318xxx.
Most importantly, definitely a new VIN.

Now, as for your feelings - I get it. If that happened to me, I would have lost my mind and bought something else long before I got to where you are!

Hoping for the best for you! Should be approximately 2 weeks once you get the text saying the car has left the factory. Mine was 12 days from VIN to delivery, but I am in Chicago.

That’s awesome 3geek! I looked through some of your posts to see what your order date was. I saw some posts on a brembo brake kit. Are the m3p brakes subpar? Also, why would changing the color move up the EDD (your advice to Flatbroke)? And speaking of Flatbroke, is he months overdue? He seems to be a common topic.
I’m new here and trying to get up to speed.

That’s awesome 3geek! I looked through some of your posts to see what your order date was. I saw some posts on a brembo brake kit. Are the m3p brakes subpar? Also, why would changing the color move up the EDD (your advice to Flatbroke)? And speaking of Flatbroke, is he months overdue? He seems to be a common topic.
Sometimes if the color is super common it delays the delivery timeline. Choosing a more rare color can push up the EDD. Goes back to the whole more money spent may speed things up. He is way overdue if you look at the usual progression from order to delivery.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
Brakes are definitely not sub-par. They're quite capable with a change of pads and fluid, even for track duty! I'm personally a fan of having more brake than I need, and there's admittedly a big part of me just doing it for bling. The price is right, too - $1200 for rotors, and ~$570 for calipers for huge 6-piston Brembo front brakes. Compared to the $4k+ for normal front big brake kits, it's quite a bargain.

Poor @Flatbroke is DEFINITELY months overdue.

I lose my second finance rate lock on 8/15. First was for the first delivery date with Tesla. I went outside financing when they raised the rates after my first car didnt show up and I had a second VIN. When I lost the second VIN I figured I would be at a much higher rate but delivery before 8/15 would really help.

Still debating between full stealth PPF or just getting clear partial front PPF, decisions decisions. Does anyone know how big of a bitch it is to do PPF later down the line (3-6 months after owning) I would assume you would need to get any chips/dinks fixed or it would create an uneven surface? I am going to get tints and ceramic coating for sure though. Also praying for flatbroke 97 days is pretty insane.

Reactions: Flatbroke
Still debating between full stealth PPF or just getting clear partial front PPF, decisions decisions. Does anyone know how big of a bitch it is to do PPF later down the line (3-6 months after owning) I would assume you would need to get any chips/dinks fixed or it would create an uneven surface? I am going to get tints and ceramic coating for sure though. Also praying for flatbroke 97 days is pretty insane.
I got 3M on mine
You can apply at anytime. My advice would be to wash / clay / compound / polish then get it applied. This way, the paint is corrected and it’ll be easier to stick to. Ceramic after for easier washes

Reactions: Flatbroke and Haste
I'm planning on doing full XPEL stealth with a matte ceramic coating over top of it.

I got 3M on mine
You can apply at anytime. My advice would be to wash / clay / compound / polish then get it applied. This way, the paint is corrected and it’ll be easier to stick to. Ceramic after for easier washes
Sounds good, what about getting ceramic first and then getting PPF at a later time? Would I need to do anything special, have them remove the ceramic coating before the wash/clay/compound and adding the PPF?

Sounds good, what about getting ceramic first and then getting PPF at a later time? Would I need to do anything special, have them remove the ceramic coating before the wash/clay/compound and adding the PPF?
You want the PPF to stick to the paint. Ceramic helps with things not sticking, but it also depends on the ceramic you use.

Preferably you’d want to polish it to get it off. Ceramic is after wash / clay / polish (compound before polish if it’s not brand new)

Last edited: