Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! That is Awesome!!! You are getting the color combo I wanted to change to but was told it would delay things if i did LOL. I appreciate the Polestar offer. I am waiting to see what happens Sunday when I am a couple days deep in to the 4th 2 week widow and see where the movement goes. I cant play chess with these people cause they are either really super good or really F up, IDK which. if I get another 2 week window I may lock in a new rate and ride it out on monday since the fed meets the 26th I think. after that im not sure where i end up. But Congrats. I did keep the Nema 6-50 plug and cable organizer. I just returned everything else before the return window expired.
You are one patience individual. I would have said F it and told them where they can shove their Tesla along time ago. I can't believe they are jerking you around like this.

Same happened to me. I had a Saturday delivery scheduled and with no input from me they changed it to the following Wednesday during work hours. Over the next EIGHT days I sent multiple texts so I could verify if they actually DID have it when they were supposed to. They ignored every message I sent and then sent me a message saying the car arrived early and asking if I'd like to reschedule delivery. I ended up receiving the car on the original scheduled date.

I drove down the day prior to delivery to make sure the car was actually somewhere on the lot.
This is the stuff that makes me anxious! I'm near New Orleans and have to pick up my delivery in St Louis. If Tesla says I need to make a delivery reservation and then changes it without telling me, then I'm fiddling with airfare, hotel rooms and requesting unplanned leave from work. Louisiana is one of those states where the dealerships own our legislature and Tesla is not allowed to sell directly to the consumer but we do have a SC in New Orleans. My choices for delivery are basically Memphis, Atlanta, and St Louis. I think being my first Tesla, if they play this game of not telling me anything until I fly all the way to St Louis only to find out that my car isn't there, then I'll likely just cancel and wait for my Hummer EV reservation to pan out. I have a Fall 2022 Hummer EV reservation but that's not expected to arrive until maybe next Spring.

Reactions: Brou
This is the stuff that makes me anxious! I'm near New Orleans and have to pick up my delivery in St Louis. If Tesla says I need to make a delivery reservation and then changes it without telling me, then I'm fiddling with airfare, hotel rooms and requesting unplanned leave from work. Louisiana is one of those states where the dealerships own our legislature and Tesla is not allowed to sell directly to the consumer but we do have a SC in New Orleans. My choices for delivery are basically Memphis, Atlanta, and St Louis. I think being my first Tesla, if they play this game of not telling me anything until I fly all the way to St Louis only to find out that my car isn't there, then I'll likely just cancel and wait for my Hummer EV reservation to pan out. I have a Fall 2022 Hummer EV reservation but that's not expected to arrive until maybe next Spring.
100% this. I flew to NJ to find my car wasn't there 12 minutes before pickup. Its certainly possible. If you can find a way to contact the SC and have them physically put their hands on your car, you can feel better. But getting a hold of the SC is a chore in itself.

@Brou how do you get on the lot and how do you know which one is yours? Although it’s 107 in DFW today so I’ll prob be rushing to get out of there too on DD.
Not sure is Tesla does it like other vehicles but it should have the VIN on the dash by the driver's side. You should be able to view it looking through the windshield. If you know your VIN then you should be able find it. Don't forget to hydrate while searching VINs in 107 deg temps!

• Funny
Reactions: Brou and Chris B
Hopefully it works out. Sucks that they don't really have a way for customers to ensure the vehicle will be there when it's supposed to.

@Brou how do you get on the lot and how do you know which one is yours? Although it’s 107 in DFW today so I’ll prob be rushing to get out of there too on DD.
The lot at my pick up location isn't gated. Tesla text me my VIN a couple weeks before delivery. I just drove to the lot and found the gray car with my VIN. It wasn't even locked, so I got to inspect the interior as well.

And so begins the changing of dates.
M3P
OD: 6/24 EDD1: 8/7-9/11 EDD2: 8/20-9/17

Now I will hope it moves back like I suspect it will to august delivery over all.

Anyone else feel like we should make BINGO cards for dates for all the form members? Lol
This doesn't help solve the mystery at all, but 3 or 4 of us on this board ordered 1 week after you and our current EDD is also 1 week after yours and we have different color selections. So it would seem this is just a generic placeholder date window for now. The 6-8 week window from order to delivery still seems to be holding for ~80% of orders. Those with perpetual delays must have blocked Elon on Twitter or something and he's just been waiting to get his revenge :p

Reactions: 3geekfamily
And so begins the changing of dates.
M3P
OD: 6/24 EDD1: 8/7-9/11 EDD2: 8/20-9/17

Now I will hope it moves back like I suspect it will to august delivery over all.

Anyone else feel like we should make BINGO cards for dates for all the form members? Lol

We're around the same range and gosh I sure do hope that our DD will be in August.

I'm predicting maybe a DD of August 13th, 23rd or 26th. Why those dates? Wishful thinking with a little bit 6-8 weeks seasoning on top. :D

Hoping to have an EDD change this coming Tuesday the 26th, or sooner.
My credit union came back tonight and extended rate lock to 60 from 45 days without being asked. This should put me at close to 10 weeks from OD. Fingers crossed.

Great stuff. Every bit helps.
This doesn't help solve the mystery at all, but 3 or 4 of us on this board ordered 1 week after you and our current EDD is also 1 week after yours and we have different color selections. So it would seem this is just a generic placeholder date window for now. The 6-8 week window from order to delivery still seems to be holding for ~80% of orders. Those with perpetual delays must have blocked Elon on Twitter or something and he's just been waiting to get his revenge :p

The great mystery. Status: Unsolved.

100% this. I flew to NJ to find my car wasn't there 12 minutes before pickup. Its certainly possible. If you can find a way to contact the SC and have them physically put their hands on your car, you can feel better. But getting a hold of the SC is a chore in itself.
Buffalo NY as a place to take delivery ? Good day all first post here. First for those who are following delivery dates. We ordered our 3P on 7/4/22. The latest from the Tesla App shows a anticipated delivery date of 9/2-10/7 which Im sure will change at least once more.

On to my question. I was near the Buffalo Airport yesterday and noticed a load of new 3S and 3LR's being unloaded from a hauler and placed in a delivery lot. When i placed my order the only delivery location was north of NYC. This load of Tesla's could mean one of two things, 1. They are being delivered as part of a rental car fleet, I think Hertz is renting them now. Or as I hope has Buffalo now become a delivery point. Anyone have any info. on this ?

Reactions: Chris B
Buffalo NY as a place to take delivery ? Good day all first post here. First for those who are following delivery dates. We ordered our 3P on 7/4/22. The latest from the Tesla App shows a anticipated delivery date of 9/2-10/7 which Im sure will change at least once more.

On to my question. I was near the Buffalo Airport yesterday and noticed a load of new 3S and 3LR's being unloaded from a hauler and placed in a delivery lot. When i placed my order the only delivery location was north of NYC. This load of Tesla's could mean one of two things, 1. They are being delivered as part of a rental fleet, I think Hertz has a contract now. 2. Buffalo has become a delivery point for new Tesla's. Does anyone have any info on this ?

After a little more than a month of ownership I’m still in love with this car. The acceleration, tech, and performance are second to none. Really my only annoyance is when you take people for rides and they pull the emergency open instead of pushing the button on the door. Tesla needs to rethink that design because everyone whose never ridden in a Tesla immediately does that.