Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nicee! So, it does look like the approx 7-8 week window from OD is holding up. So, for us late June orders, we should expect to get it before end of Aug! I will take that 😁
I'm using Tesla financing. It's interesting that it fits right in my 60 day terms window. Could be a total coincidence but I wonder if Tesla has any incentive to get cars to people financing through them? I'm sure they know if my terms expire I'd be looking for rates elsewhere.

Reactions: Slushy
Not sure is Tesla does it like other vehicles but it should have the VIN on the dash by the driver's side. You should be able to view it looking through the windshield. If you know your VIN then you should be able find it. Don't forget to hydrate while searching VINs in 107 deg temps!
That’s a government law. Every car manufacturer must display the VIN

Have you reached out to Tesla or your SA yet? I can understand you maybe being built later than others who ordered before you, but your complete lack of EDD changes in over a month is definitely odd.
Yes, I did:

Good morning, I wanted to check if there was something wrong with my order. Others that have ordered around the time I did, and even after, have received a more precise order window (4 weeks). My order has sat at Jun-Aug. Can you check if there is an issue with mine? Thanks

Response from Tesla
Tesla- You're all set! We'll alert you the moment your VIN is assigned.

LOL

I wonder now that Giga Texas is open how it has changed delivery timing. Do you guys know if it’s still East to West with West coast getting deliveries last in the quarter? I’m pretty sure my August 4-September 1 EDD is gonna move 3-7 days back at a time once August 4 comes around until it eventually says September 16-September 30 for a two week window. Also… I’m torn between keeping my white/black order or changing it to black/black. I’m not sure how good black Tesla paint holds up and I probably would not invest 6k into PPF. Any one have any advice on this? I love the stealth, but I also love the white/black.

I wonder now that Giga Texas is open how it has changed delivery timing. Do you guys know if it’s still East to West with West coast getting deliveries last in the quarter? I’m pretty sure my August 4-September 1 EDD is gonna move 3-7 days back at a time once August 4 comes around until it eventually says September 16-September 30 for a two week window. Also… I’m torn between keeping my white/black order or changing it to black/black. I’m not sure how good black Tesla paint holds up and I probably would not invest 6k into PPF. Any one have any advice on this? I love the stealth, but I also love the white/black.
I don’t believe Austin produces Model 3, so I’m not sure how much of an impact it has on us.

As for the color, do whatever you think is the best. It’s an expensive purchase, and something you’ll see every day. I don’t think skipping a few extra weeks/days of waiting is worth settling for something you don’t REALLY want.

I don’t believe Austin produces Model 3, so I’m not sure how much of an impact it has on us.

As for the color, do whatever you think is the best. It’s an expensive purchase, and something you’ll see every day. I don’t think skipping a few extra weeks/days of waiting is worth settling for something you don’t REALLY want.
Thanks for this! I am definitely reflecting, honestly the wait isn’t much of an issue for me I just wanna be sure I’ll prefer it over white. I know it definitely always caught my eye, my first two M3s were both white. This is the first time i’m considering black for sure.

Reactions: jackb22
Thanks for this! I am definitely reflecting, honestly the wait isn’t much of an issue for me I just wanna be sure I’ll prefer it over white. I know it definitely always caught my eye, my first two M3s were both white. This is the first time i’m considering black for sure.
Yeah, I get that. It’s a hard decision to make for sure. I’m still kinda torn between black and white interior, but I don’t think I truly would like the white as much as I think would, so I’m keeping with black.

I do really hate the wood trim in the black interior though, but I plan to cover that up with some carbon fiber.

Reactions: HarpoonS
I took delivery earlier today. Everything was flawless including the car. The build quality has gotten much better since my 2015 Model S. No panel gaps and no paint issues. The car is amazing.

Attachments

• 20220721_130834.jpg
    20220721_130834.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 84