Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang I just looked up the charging network being opened up. Wth. Things keep getting better and better lol. The spot in Santa Nella on I-5 has been pretty full of tesla vehicles when I drove by a few times. I can’t imagine the lines and wait times during travel weekends
I think the opening up only happens if Tesla can tap into the planned federal funds for electric charging network build. So, it might result in a lot more superchargers eventually.

Reactions: SkepTeach
Not in a breaking and entry fashion but I learned the hard way when I was in my living room and my car was in my driveway and my kid was in it getting her backpack lol. I just check it when I go into a restaurant especially if I’m eating close to where I’m parked. I started checking it when I heard read a post online about kids breaking into a womens car because the phone was as on her nightstand and her car was in the driveway apparently close enough where it was still connected to the phone
Android or iPhone?

Dang I just looked up the charging network being opened up. Wth. Things keep getting better and better lol. The spot in Santa Nella on I-5 has been pretty full of tesla vehicles when I drove by a few times. I can’t imagine the lines and wait times during travel weekends

Yea that holds true unfortunently for a lot of places along I5... it's getting too crowded now to the point where the number of backed up EVs waiting to charge, is eating away at the travel time by a lot. I think this is why Elon may go through with the deal, because there's a lot of money to be made from the charging infrastructure as well, beside just selling cars.

I think the opening up only happens if Tesla can tap into the planned federal funds for electric charging network build. So, it might result in a lot more superchargers eventually.

That'd be really nice. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: bossra95
I checked my OD this morning, and got my first 2 week window! Aug 6-19
Nice. I think the white interior makes a difference in expediting the delivery. I ordered on June 16th as well. Mine had one update moving the ED between Aug. 16 and Sept. 11. I informed my advisor that my loan approval runs out on August 14. The next day my ED m9ved from Aug 11 to Aug 14. I am assuming it is a coincidence. It is a bit frustrating waiting for an update and obsessively checking. I was also looking for solar system...considered Tesla....but I am afraid I might be asking for another we tell you when we feel like service.

Reactions: Anthonydfw
Nice. I think the white interior makes a difference in expediting the delivery. I ordered on June 16th as well. Mine had one update moving the ED between Aug. 16 and Sept. 11. I informed my advisor that my loan approval runs out on August 14. The next day my ED m9ved from Aug 11 to Aug 14. I am assuming it is a coincidence. It is a bit frustrating waiting for an update and obsessively checking. I was also looking for solar system...considered Tesla....but I am afraid I might be asking for another we tell you when we feel like service.
Thanks for this info, glad to know they edited for your circumstances. I have something similar where I ordered to a new address that I am moving to and the tip of my EDD is before I get there so I am waiting to see if I need to contact them and let them know as well.

So this is my graduation post. I ordered the car at the end of May and picked up at the end of June. So I’ve had it about 3.5 weeks at this point.

I’m very happy with the car. Like most of you suspect, the reported issues with QC on Tesla’s are overblown. There was nothing on my car I felt desired a fix prior or after accepting it. I also checked out 3-4 other cars on the lot and they all also looked good. If I was being REALLY picky maybe some panels aren’t aligned as good as they could be but honestly the same could be said the same of any car I’ve ever owned.

The stock suspension is fine. There is really no reason to replace it unless you will be tracking the car regularly or just want it lower. I wanted it lower but didn’t want to give up any handling so I went with the MPP coilovers.

The power is great, I’d say very few would be disappointed with the power.

I’m charging 99% at home, and my gas savings is already about $400 in 3.5 weeks. It really changes your perspective of driving when you don’t have to consider the cost of the trip. I found myself going mountain biking 40 miles away because I don’t have to worry about the $25 in gas I was spending on this trip. I’ve driven 1200 miles and my average energy efficiency is 325 Wh/mi. It’s been hot here, and I do notice 30-50 Wh/mi increase if the AC is working really hard. For example, my drive to work in the morning before it is hot is typically about 275 Wh/mi.

All in all it is perfect for what I wanted, which was a fast/fun daily driver that reduced my gas cost and lowered my carbon footprint compared to the truck I was driving. I’d not only buy it again, but at this point I can’t really imagine buying another ICE car, other than maybe a toy for weekend/fun use only.

Mods:
Stealth Hitch
Tint: XPEL XR Plus, 70% windshield 35% everywhere else
Wheels: TSportline TS5 Staggered 20”
Suspension: MPP Adjustable Comfort
Interior: Wrapped the ugly wood
Other: RPMTesla Carbon mirrors
Ceramic Coat: Crystal Serum Light

Lessons Learned:
The matte screen protector everyone raves about is terrible IMO. I can’t imagine someone wanting the screen to look that way. Took it off within 5 seconds!
Doing PPF yourself in your dirty garage is damn near impossible. Especially a complicated piece like the front bumper. Pay to have it done by a professional if you want PPF.
There are a LOT of Uberturbine wheels on the market. If you plan to replace them right away, be conservative on both what you think you can get for them and how long it may take to sell them.
Try wrapping the interior panels before you order some super expensive carbon pieces. I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked the way the wrap looks and I returned all the carbon I’d bought. Worst case, just peel it off if you don’t like it.

Below is on MPP Adjustable Comfort coilovers, just a little lower than their recommended settings. The front looks higher due to he slope of my driveway. The wheels have 5mm spacers front and rear. Tires are 275 in the rear and 235 in the front (PS4 A/S). I have bottomed out in parking lots twice in this setup twice now, so I don’t think I’ll be going any lower.

041131F3-60C0-40BA-91D8-5E53C0D3E074.jpeg

Last edited:
So this is my graduation post. I ordered the car at the end of May and picked up at the end of June. So I’ve had it about 3.5 weeks at this point.

I’m very happy with the car. Like most of you suspect, the reported issues with QC on Tesla’s are overblown. There was nothing on my car I felt desired a fix prior or after accepting it. I also checked out 3-4 other cars on the lot and they all also looked good. If I was being REALLY picky maybe some panels aren’t aligned as good as they could be but honestly the same could be said the same of any car I’ve ever owned.

The stock suspension is fine. There is really no reason to replace it unless you will be tracking the car regularly or just want it lower. I wanted it lower but didn’t want to give up any handling so I went with the MPP coilovers.

I’m charging 99% at home, and my gas savings is already about $400 in 3.5 weeks. It really changes your perspective of driving when you don’t have to consider the cost of the trip. I found myself going mountain biking 40 miles away because I don’t have to worry about the $25 in gas I was spending on this trip. I’ve driven 1200 miles and my average energy efficiency is 325 Wh/mi. It’s been hot here, and I do notice 30-50 Wh/mi increase if the AC is working really hard. For example, my drive to work in the morning before it is hot is typically about 275 Wh/mi.

All in all it is perfect for what I wanted, which was a fast/fun daily driver that reduced my gas cost and lowered my carbon footprint compared to the truck I was driving. I’d not only buy it again, but at this point I can’t really imagine buying another ICE car, other than maybe a toy for weekend/fun use only.

Mods:
Stealth Hitch
Wheels: TSportline TS5 Staggered

Lessons Learned:
The matte screen protector everyone raves about is terrible IMO. I can’t imagine someone wanting the screen to look that way. Took it off within 5 seconds!
Doing PPF yourself in your dirty garage is damn near impossible. Especially a complicated piece like the front bumper. Pay to have it done by a professional if you want PPF.
There are a LOT of Uberturbine wheels on the market. If you plan to replace them right away, be conservative on both what you think you can get for them and how long it may take to sell them.
Try wrapping the interior panels before you order some super expensive carbon pieces. I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked the way the wrap looks and I returned all the carbon I’d bought. Worst case, just peel it off if you don’t like it.

Below is on MPP Adjustable Comfort coilovers, just a little lower than their recommended settings. The front looks higher due to he slope of my driveway. The wheels have 5mm spacers front and rear. Tires are 275 in the rear and 235 in the front (PS4 A/S). I have bottomed out in parking lots twice in this setup twice now, so I don’t think I’ll be going any lower.

View attachment 831920
Great writeup, this is close to the setup I want (MSM is best color hands down and I went with white interior because I've always wanted it). Those rims look AMAZING and I am so glad you posted this because I was browsing TSportline the other day and I think you've sold me. How is the 70% tint on the windshield I was also thinking about getting that?

Reactions: 3geekfamily

Mods:
Stealth Hitch
Wheels: TSportline TS5 Staggered

Lessons Learned:

View attachment 831920

I have the same exterior color with white seats. Also have 35% tint with 77% (Air80) on the windshield and it amazes me how much darker your tint looks than mine. The white seats make my tint look like 50%.

Which matte screen protector did you buy? I started off with a glossy one from SUMK and the glare was horrible. I switched to a matte one from Spigen and it's WAY less glare, no finger prints, and crystal clear.

Great writeup, this is close to the setup I want (MSM is best color hands down and I went with white interior because I've always wanted it). Those rims look AMAZING and I am so glad you posted this because I was browsing TSportline the other day and I think you've sold me. How is the 70% tint on the windshield I was also thinking about getting that?
70% windshield is no issue in terms of seeing out of it at night. I might have gone 80% but it wasn’t an option in the XPEL XR Plus tint. If you’re going to do the windshield, make sure you use ceramic or crystalline tint, because the only real reason to do it is heat reduction IMO. XPEL has a little demo setup where they have a hot halogen light you can shine through their various lines of tint. It was amazing how much heat the XR Plus blocked. I had originally not planned to do the windshield but this demo changed my mind on the spot.

I do believe the windshield tint creates more glare on the inside, but it is fairly minor. Nothing polarized sunglasses wouldn’t take care of.

Reactions: Haste