Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great! Did you end up purchasing a different screen cover? Any pix of the wrapped wood? (That’s what she said)
I did, purchased the Spigen gloss cover. I don’t think it really helps with fingerprints, but I can’t tell its there and in the slim chance it protects the screen from a freak impact it’ll be worth it.

I don’t have good pics of my dash, but I used the Tesbros kit and it looks like below. I originally bought real carbon replacement pieces but realized I’d spent nearly $1K on these pieces and it just seemed like a waste of money for something purely cosmetic, so I gave the wrapping kit a chance and actually really like the way it looks.

E798691B-B006-4753-979C-24584896C27E.jpeg

I did, purchased the Spigen gloss cover. I don’t think it really helps with fingerprints, but I can’t tell its there and in the slim chance it protects the screen from a freak impact it’ll be worth it.

I don’t have good pics of my dash, but I used the Tesbros kit and it looks like below. I originally bought real carbon replacement pieces but realized I’d spent nearly $1K on these pieces and it just seemed like a waste of money for something purely cosmetic, so I gave the wrapping kit a chance and actually really like the way it looks.

View attachment 832100
I’m sorry, if you don’t mind me asking, what carbon fiber wrap kit is this? I’m gonna get it as well!

I’m sorry, if you don’t mind me asking, what carbon fiber wrap kit is this? I’m gonna get it as well!
And

View attachment 832100
I agree. There are CF wraps that looks 1:1 like the real thing for a fraction of the cost. Good choice.
With the route that I'm going with my interior, I almost wish that I just got the black interior. I'll post up the reason why hopefully soon.

Reactions: jackb22
We ordered a white M3 Performance on 20th April with a forecast date of August 2022.
Since order was placed delivery has been pushed back and is now showing a window of Nov 6 - Dec 21.
Whilst this is annoying - we can manage with 1 car and occasional hire cars when 2 are needed.

However - what is really annoying me is that if you go onto our local Tesla country ordering page and look to order exactly the same car as ours - then the current delivery time is showing as October to December - which is potentially earlier than our car that has been delivered since April.

I detect that Tesla might be luring people to place an order - then pushing out delivery date after order has been placed - which, if true, I find very underhand & sharp practice!!

Thoughts?

Cheers
Steve

Reactions: Flatbroke
We ordered a white M3 Performance on 20th April with a forecast date of August 2022.
Since order was placed delivery has been pushed back and is now showing a window of Nov 6 - Dec 21.
Whilst this is annoying - we can manage with 1 car and occasional hire cars when 2 are needed.

However - what is really annoying me is that if you go onto our local Tesla country ordering page and look to order exactly the same car as ours - then the current delivery time is showing as October to December - which is potentially earlier than our car that has been delivered since April.

I detect that Tesla might be luring people to place an order - then pushing out delivery date after order has been placed - which, if true, I find very underhand & sharp practice!!

Thoughts?

Cheers
Steve
Definitely strange that you ordered an M3P in April and still haven’t taken delivery. I’m rarely hearing about 3 month delivery times for performance models. What geographical area do you live? Have you reached out to Tesla to ensure there isn’t a mistake with your order on their end? Have you completed all the pre-delivery tasks in the app that are unlocked for you?

Reactions: unlock
Definitely strange that you ordered an M3P in April and still haven’t taken delivery. I’m rarely hearing about 3 month delivery times for performance models. What geographical area do you live? Have you reached out to Tesla to ensure there isn’t a mistake with your order on their end? Have you completed all the pre-delivery tasks in the app that are unlocked for you?
HI,
We are in Abu Dhabi, UAE - so cars for this country come from Shanghai plant.
We know about the COVID shutdown of Shanghai plant, reduced output after restart & recent shutdown to increase production levels!
Its the fact they are advertising delivery times for new orders sooner than ours that we find annoying & possibly deceptive!!
Cheers
Steve

Thanks. I hope yours changes favorably as well.
🤝 I have a feeling we're getting close. Get ready to pop that Champaign!
Fingers crossed that tomorrow is going to be like Christmas morning for you!
🎙️ "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (VIN + 2 Week window), everywhere you go...." 🎶
I agree as well! I hope we all get VINs soon! 😁
I have this feeling that this coming week will bring a string of letters and numbers....

Model 3 Performance (Black Ext/White Int): OD 7/16/22. EDD 8/5/22 - 9/2/22. Current EDD 8/5/22 - 8/17/22

You ordered on 7/16 and you already have a two week window? And I see another ordered on 6/25 with an 8/17 to 9/17 DD. Both east coast. I ordered on 6/18 and my EDD still has not moved from 8/26 to 10/7? And I'm within 1 hour of the Tesla factory. Starting to worry there's something wrong with MY order.
Doh! No my OD was 6/16... I'll update my sig. Sincere apologies!!!

Reactions: 3geekfamily
HI,
We are in Abu Dhabi, UAE - so cars for this country come from Shanghai plant.
We know about the COVID shutdown of Shanghai plant, reduced output after restart & recent shutdown to increase production levels!
Its the fact they are advertising delivery times for new orders sooner than ours that we find annoying & possibly deceptive!!
Cheers
Steve
I ordered 4/14 and am picking up at the Fremont Factory. I understand your annoyance. I can’t not make sense out of this nonsense.

Woke up to my 5th 2 week window. It is now July 29 to August 12. This is crazy. 10 weeks of 2 windows. I can’t add it to my signature as I’m out of space. This process has been really strange.
I think you're part of a Tesla experiment. They're trying to find out how much shlt they can put a person through before he walks away.