Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, got a VIN today, but I'm kinda worried. 310968 Seems a little old'ish car has 15 miles on it. Someone's reject? Also went from EDD 8/5-8/15 to delivery next week on the East coast.
Nah - more than likely someone cancelled an order while it was in transit or something. I don't think any of the cars (and certainly not more than a handful) built this quarter have made it to the east coast yet, and VIN 310xxx tells me it was almost definitely built this quarter.

And, even if it was someone else's reject - there's nothing saying they didn't reject it for something weird or silly that you wouldn't even notice. Some people on here are insanely picky - which I get, it's a $65k car - but they'll reject it for the slightest panel gap issue, etc. Stuff that is fixed extremely easily, if you even notice it.

No worries, it'll be great!

Interesting - I just realized that my EDD was updated again. Not sure when it was, as I haven't been paying a ton of attention since I got a VIN, but it looks like it was brought it a bit from 8/5-8/9 to 8/2-8/8. Getting closer! Seems there's a strong chance I'll be picking it up next week!
I also had a weird EDD update, from 8/4-8/8 to now 8/1-8/7. The day before this change, my SA told me they expected the car to arrive on 8/2 so I’m guessing that pushed up a bit and it may arrive a little earlier than they were expecting. Whatever, just can’t wait to see it!

So who’s getting the red/black M3P that has the distinction of being the 2 millionth car Tesla has produced?

Wonder if they’re going to release the VIN or let the new owner know somehow?

Also, that car better have the best QC ever! 😂
Probably someone NOT on the forums, who doesn’t care about cars, and won’t appreciate it. Haha

Out of curiosity, for those that have recently taken delivery, did anyone receive the old style headlights on their 2022 M3P by any chance?

It looks like some 2022 LR models are coming with the older headlights. Hmmm
Is that happening again? The last I saw, pretty much every LR delivered from May-onward had the matrix headlights.

I haven’t seen any stories of an M3P being delivered without them.

Mine had the Matrix.
Good stuff.
Is that happening again? The last I saw, pretty much every LR delivered from May-onward had the matrix headlights.

I haven’t seen any stories of an M3P being delivered without them.
A LR ready for delivery on the lot had the old headlights, while the other LRs had the matrix. I just wasn't sure if this anomaly was happening to M3Ps as well, which I doubted since I haven't heard of that either.
From what I've heard from an SA, all performance models will always come with matrix.
Makes sense.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
I’m still showing 7/28 to 8/9. Hopefully, the Tuesday morning update will be good.
I got my wall charger installed last Wednesday. I needed a sub panel to expand, and it cost $1800. The next day, I noticed my pool pump wasn’t working. The electrician relocated the pool CB to the wrong slot. I figured out what went wrong and moved the CB to a slot that allowed 240 volts. I’m relieved as my pool was turning green, & they couldn’t send another electrician until Tuesday. And if they found nothing wrong, I’d pay a $250 service charge. Jerks.

• Informative
Reactions: 3geekfamily