Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, just placed my order this morning, RN1176, white on black. I had a MYLR until February when I decided I wanted to get something else and went to a BMW X3MC. I’ve had that for 5 months now and frankly regret the decision. Very happy to be getting back to a Tesla, and thankful all the financial work out to make it happen.
welcome, you may want to remove the RN number from you post

Ordered a white/black m3p last week - was expecting October delivery at worst, but dates came back as Oct 26-Dec 7. Mildly considering getting a used one now as I don't really want to wait until December.
I doubt you'd be waiting until December. Give it some time and you'll probably see the EDD shift upward. I had a LR on order and the EDD kept pushing back. I seriously considered buying a lightly used '22, but their prices were the same as the performance. So I just switched to the P and my EDD shifted pretty dramatically as you can see in my sig.

Well folks, just got my delivery appointment scheduled for August 2nd. 66 days all in from order to delivery assuming that the appointment sticks. Will post an update once its been completed. How the hell is anyone supposed to do their job after getting that news...
It's illegal for them to fire you for performance reasons if it's between when you received your Tesla VIN and 3 days after you pick up your car.

Ordered an M3P in mid June and i finally got to test drive one for the first time today at a SC. Only bummer was that the SOC was around 58%. I was blown away by the performance. However, I’m wondering how much was the performance ie. Acceleration hindered by the SOC? How much of a drop off in HP was there? It was certainly faster than the LR but wondering how much faster it is at a higher SOC?

Reactions: julit0 and gtcrispy
Ordered an M3P in mid June and i finally got to test drive one for the first time today at a SC. Only bummer was that the SOC was around 58%. I was blown away by the performance. However, I’m wondering how much was the performance ie. Acceleration hindered by the SOC? How much of a drop off in HP was there? It was certainly faster than the LR but wondering how much faster it is at a higher SOC?
I doubt you'd really be able to tell/notice to be honest but maybe someone with more experience can chime in. I can't imagine that it would be more than maybe .1-.2 on the 0-60 speeds if even that.