Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got home from picking it up. Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but they called to ask if I want it today. Dropped everything and cancelled my afternoon meetings.

Car was immaculate. Spent about 10 mins in the TX heat checking everything out and saw no visible issues. The SA there was great and answered the few questions I had.

VIN starts with 30 so likely one of the firsts off the Fremont line after the shutdown.

Hoping everyone else has fast deliveries and low interest rates.

Wow congrats! Very happy for you. Man that new car fresh look never gets old. Enjoy! 🍻
I just realized the car I’m taking delivery of was built on the same day I sold my car😭 What a coincidence it was reborn 🙏🏾 I’m almost positive that this is a cancelled order though or someone changed their mind about color. No way I should have gotten one this soon.

You've lucked out my friend! Take it as a Win! 🎯
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. I ordered on June 2nd and got the VIN text June 7th. My car was built June 6th. My EDD was mid-August to September 5th and I accepted delivery June 25th on the east coast. So it's not necessarily a bad thing. For whatever reason some locations/trims just get delivered faster. It sucks that there's so little transparency at Tesla that we can't nail down exactly what the combination has to be to ensure the quickest delivery.

Forget about the Da Vinci Code right? It's now all about the Tesla code.

Hey guys, so I've been chatting with my SA (I think?) via text and asked for him to look into my order. Says that a mid-August DD is likely. (I'm managing expectations, but hey I'll take it. :p)

He asked about if I had financing set and I said yes it's all good to go. Then asked what the name of the bank+amount was so that he could update it on his end since my app is set to cash.

Should I let him update it? Any pros or cons to change it off of cash status? Keep it set to cash for now?
I’d leave as cash.

Just got home from picking it up. Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but they called to ask if I want it today. Dropped everything and cancelled my afternoon meetings.

Car was immaculate. Spent about 10 mins in the TX heat checking everything out and saw no visible issues. The SA there was great and answered the few questions I had.

VIN starts with 30 so likely one of the firsts off the Fremont line after the shutdown.

Hoping everyone else has fast deliveries and low interest rates.
Seeing your post has me super excited! My OD was a few days after yours and my switch to a M3P was also right around the same time. I also happened to order the same spec and I’m in the same general region of the country. Maybe this portends a slightly sooner delivery than I’m expecting!

Reactions: unlock
8/14-9/18 at the moment. On day 28 today... 🤞

The person that I chatted with today over text said that mid-Aug DD is likely. For what it's worth... based on the activity in my neck of the woods.
That's pretty great then! I wonder what that means for me with a Jul 27-Aug24 EDD. I haven't really talked to SA's much but anytime, they would just say they don't know anything.

Reactions: unlock
Ordered an M3P in mid June and i finally got to test drive one for the first time today at a SC. Only bummer was that the SOC was around 58%. I was blown away by the performance. However, I’m wondering how much was the performance ie. Acceleration hindered by the SOC? How much of a drop off in HP was there? It was certainly faster than the LR but wondering how much faster it is at a higher SOC?
I doubt you'd really be able to tell/notice to be honest but maybe someone with more experience can chime in. I can't imagine that it would be more than maybe .1-.2 on the 0-60 speeds if even that.
Agree w/ @Haste - From a recent Tesla Model 3 FB group post, a guy did 9 runs on his M3P, started with 100% and worked his way down straight. Performance dropped below the 80% SoC and when he put in Track mode - at least for drag strip runs, having the battery “too cool” in track mode actually slowed him down, in combo with his SoC dropping each run. But yes - I think he was making .4sec slower on 1/4 mile, still under 12 second (maybe about 11.5-ish).

Also, I went from 8/4 to 9/1 to 7/25-7/29. I’m a bit confused but.. I’m pretty sure people were getting 318XXX a week ago. Seems odd that I got pushed up this fast.
6/16 OD, White Exterior/ White Interior No FSD. Original EDD: 7/31-9/4, 2nd 8/4-9/1 and 3rd 7/25-7/29. Just got off the phone with Tesla to confirm it’s legit, built 7/18 and just arrived here in SoCal today.
Many posts throughout the forum and also looking at the Google sheet of Order data on the site - VINs are NOT sequential. Don’t get too hung up on what that VIN is - unless you really are willing to get back in line and wait another 3 months. At a minimum, I would think it would be worth an inspection first, to see if there’s anything requiring a service appointment or more severe that would require you to reject a car. I think @GolfProGiff is the only one I‘ve read of this year - getting a very clearly, out of specification car (twice over, I think).

You can also check the DMV documents that are loaded in your account and check the Odometer miles listed on there. I know there was talk about 15 miles in earlier posts. Mine actually had 69miles on the paperwork (I thought it was a joke), and when I actually took delivery. Don’t know how or why there were that many miles put on it…maybe it was driven from factory to a truck pickup point far away. VIN was a 232,xxx. Door jamb sticker says built 6/2022. Aside from a few minor paint defects only my Wrap shop pointed out to me, the car was immaculate.

The build quality issues and rejected VINs stuff are a little more magnified in a small group setting such as this and I think the majority of us picked up a great car. Had me stressed out a little too much so. Enjoy the delivery and getting your car earlier than forecasted. It’ll be awesome!

*Edit - I see that this isn’t your first Tesla so I know you’ve been on this roller coaster more than I. I was mainly trying to alleviate some concerns as the Q3 orders start delivering. Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm here finishing up some work on the computer and reach over to refresh my Tesla app. Upon swiping I got the spinning wheel and nothing loaded as far as the EDD etc... could this be........? 🤞

Real time reporting :D... Hopefully this is some good news. We shall see.

M3P Hope.jpg

Last edited:
Agree w/ @Haste - From a recent Tesla Model 3 FB group post, a guy did 9 runs on his M3P, started with 100% and worked his way down straight. Performance dropped below the 80% SoC and when he put in Track mode - at least for drag strip runs, having the battery “too cool” in track mode actually slowed him down, in combo with his SoC dropping each run. But yes - I think he was making .4sec slower on 1/4 mile, still under 12 second (maybe about 11.5-ish).
He was running 11.1s at higher SOC?

How long does it take Tesla to take money out of your bank account? Authorized access to my account yesterday, App shows they have credited me with my down payment, but the cash is still in my bank account.

What a trip! I have never payed that much money for something I've never seen, touched, or driven. Now the anxiety of waiting on the text to schedule pickup! Good thing is my wife wants me to drive it home, bad thing is she has to take our other car and try to keep up with me.

Seeing your post has me super excited! My OD was a few days after yours and my switch to a M3P was also right around the same time. I also happened to order the same spec and I’m in the same general region of the country. Maybe this portends a slightly sooner delivery than I’m expecting!
Hope it works out like you want.

Have you received the Tesla text saying your vehicle has left the factory? I got my VIN 7/10, a text that it’s the left the factory on 7/13, and then a text on 7/14 to schedule my delivery date. Earliest DD I could pick was 7/23.

Reactions: julit0