Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it take Tesla to take money out of your bank account? Authorized access to my account yesterday, App shows they have credited me with my down payment, but the cash is still in my bank account.

What a trip! I have never payed that much money for something I've never seen, touched, or driven. Now the anxiety of waiting on the text to schedule pickup! Good thing is my wife wants me to drive it home, bad thing is she has to take our other car and try to keep up with me.
Mine only took 2 business days for it to be pulled. Authorized 7/16 (Sat) and it left my acct 7/19. I had seen another post in the forum that the $ doesn’t actually get pulled until you accept delivery, but that was not the case in my situation.

How long does it take Tesla to take money out of your bank account? Authorized access to my account yesterday, App shows they have credited me with my down payment, but the cash is still in my bank account.

What a trip! I have never payed that much money for something I've never seen, touched, or driven. Now the anxiety of waiting on the text to schedule pickup! Good thing is my wife wants me to drive it home, bad thing is she has to take our other car and try to keep up with me.
Disappeared within a day for me. And I agree, paying before ever seeing the car is something new for me. Hopefully all works out.

Hope it works out like you want.

Have you received the Tesla text saying your vehicle has left the factory? I got my VIN 7/10, a text that it’s the left the factory on 7/13, and then a text on 7/14 to schedule my delivery date. Earliest DD I could pick was 7/23.
Hmm, that's interesting. Yes I received the VIN on 7/18, got the text about it leaving the factory on 7/20. Last I heard from my SA, they expected it to hit their lot on 8/2 but that seems like a long transit from CA to TN. Maybe not though. If it happens similar to your situation, I should expect a delivery notification for either the end of this week or more likely the beginning of next.

I gave them a certified check and it was cashed in 48 hours.

I ordered 4/14 and am picking up at the Fremont Factory. I understand your annoyance. I can’t not make sense out of this nonsense.
Was there an option for factory pick-up when you ordered? Maybe that’s why you keep getting delayed. Your experience makes me nervous. If there’s no reason for the endless delays, then it could happen to any of us (and the 2 week window means nothing).

For anyone else who ends up needing a delay in delivery, this is what the SA texted me back:

Hello! As you are unable to pick up your Model 3 until September and we have a 3 day policy for needing customers to pick up their cars once it arrives on site, we will need to release this VIN to another customer and put your order back in queue for a rematch when you are ready. Thus, we can put a brief hold on your account until September 1, but this does not guarantee you will get another VIN right away and could be another couple months down the road. If that is okay with you, please let us know and we will help you accordingly!

For anyone else who ends up needing a delay in delivery, this is what the SA texted me back:

Hello! As you are unable to pick up your Model 3 until September and we have a 3 day policy for needing customers to pick up their cars once it arrives on site, we will need to release this VIN to another customer and put your order back in queue for a rematch when you are ready. Thus, we can put a brief hold on your account until September 1, but this does not guarantee you will get another VIN right away and could be another couple months down the road. If that is okay with you, please let us know and we will help you accordingly!
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I see you're in Maryland, which store are you dealing with?

Yes, that is completely normal, and follows their established process.

If I were you, I would just leave your order as-is, and see when you get a VIN. It may be within the right time frame. If not, put your order on hold briefly to pass on the VIN - do not put your order on hold until Sept 1st, or there's a strong chance you won't get a car until mid-October.

Reactions: unlock